The Official Bigfooty NBA 2019 Finals thread - Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (Raptors win 4-2)

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cavs had a fully fit Love and Kyrie the Warriors don't even win their first championship.
If Rockets had a fully fit Chris Paul the Warriors don't even play in the finals last year.

GSW have been very fortunate regarding injuries for a long time.
I’d say almost every championship team has benefitted in some way from injury luck. Injuries are always going to have an effect. Particularly in such a long season.

I’m spewing about Klay. FFS. No playoffs next season, well, no Conference Semi Finals anyway. The dynasty is officially over. Can Steph and Klay get one more ring before they retire?

I definitely was tired of seeing the Warriors win every year but didn’t want to see it end like this.

Was hoping Durant would leave, they’d have a similar team to 2016 and still be around the mark but not the ridiculously good team they’ve been with Durant. For them to lose two stars in the same series for at least a season you’d think is just brutal.

* injuries.

Only way the Warriors could lose and it happened. Injuries are a s**t way to lose in sport. Will be interesting to see what Kawhi does now.

Just remember, when Boogie signed for the team, most people wrote the season off straight away

Amazing how that pans out sometimes
Don’t think too many envisioned Durant being out, Klay being hobbled and then tearing his ACL at a key moment. Boogie was never going to be the difference anyway.
I don't ever want to see the old "Warriors are better than Michael Jordan's Bulls argument" ever again. The Warriors didn't threepeat once
The Bulls wouldn’t have threepeated if they lost two of their best players in the finals either.

What a bizarre argument.

Don’t think too many envisioned Durant being out, Klay being hobbled and then tearing his ACL at a key moment. Boogie was never going to be the difference anyway.
The Bulls wouldn’t have threepeated if they lost two of their best players in the finals either.

What a bizarre argument.
you can't just say "what if's", the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead to be a threepeat team...................no injury argument there

They are still not as good as the Bulls were. Curry was subpar today as well and they needed him to be Super Curry. Remember all this "The Warriors are better with Curry and not Durant" talk ?

Durant was the icing on a Championship teams cake to make them unstoppable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can't just say "what if's", the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead to be a threepeat team...................no injury argument there

They are still not as good as the Bulls were. Curry was subpar today as well and they needed him to be Super Curry. Remember all this "The Warriors are better with Curry and not Durant" talk ?

It’s just strange using a team not winning 3 in a row clearly with injuries playing a part as evidence they’re not better than the Bulls. I’m not arguing they are better, I don’t really care. They are the best team I’ve seen though. For them to almost force a game 7 after so much went against them in this series sums up how good they have been. It isn’t just about star talent. It’s more than that with them.

As for Curry, he was forced to give up the ball anytime he crossed half court in this series. That’s a major reason why Klay was shooting so well. In that fourth quarter without Klay their offence was a mess. I’m sure he’s ruing the few missed opened shots in the last quarter. Not that it would have mattered in the end anyway. They would have got smoked in Toronto without Klay.

Congratulations to the Raptors anf their fans. Did what Houston tried and failed to do for a few seasons now.
Some gutsy moves by your FO and great team play. Hoping Leonard stays with you now.

Proud of the fight. Nobody can question what this team is all about. Had a good run with injuries in post seasons gone by, law of averages dictate that will eventually change. Still ugly seeing Klay go down like that in the midst of a game 6 he was taking over. ACL worst possible news, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Dynasty all but over. KD taking his 31.5 mil player option will be a bitter pill for the organisation to swallow but that’s just a reality of the sport. Whilst getting back to this stage next season doesn’t look realistic right now it still wouldn’t shock to see this team at the business end in coming seasons.

Contgrats to Toronto.

So you feel sorry for all the teams the Warriors beat the last 5 years who had injuries as well ?
I don't feel sorry for the Warriors. Where did I say that?
It's different though because the Warriors would have had a good chance at beating those teams even if they were fully healthy. I don't think the Raptors had much of a shot beating a healthy Warriors team.

It’s just strange using a team not winning 3 in a row clearly with injuries playing a part as evidence they’re not better than the Bulls. I’m not arguing they are better, I don’t really care. They are the best team I’ve seen though. For them to almost force a game 7 after so much went against them in this series sums up how good they have been. It isn’t just about star talent. It’s more than that with them.

As for Curry, he was forced to give up the ball anytime he crossed half court in this series. That’s a major reason why Klay was shooting so well. In that fourth quarter without Klay their offence was a mess. I’m sure he’s ruing the few missed opened shots in the last quarter. Not that it would have mattered in the end anyway. They would have got smoked in Toronto without Klay.
we will never know. Raptors could have got the jitters and been really nervous. In some ways it is harder to close out a series at home than away because all the pressure is on you

He makes valid points, and is on point with what he's referencing to.

Back