The Official Bigfooty NBA 2019 Finals thread - Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (Raptors win 4-2)

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingkingston

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
I don't feel sorry for the Warriors. Where did I say that?
It's different though because the Warriors would have had a good chance at beating those teams even if they were fully healthy. I don't think the Raptors had much of a shot beating a healthy Warriors team.
I do, the trades that the Raptors made really gave them the experience they needed and the Raptors matched up well with them. Pretty much owned them this season and gave them match up problems with their length

Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't feel sorry for the Warriors. Where did I say that?
It's different though because the Warriors would have had a good chance at beating those teams even if they were fully healthy. I don't think the Raptors had much of a shot beating a healthy Warriors team.

Gotta remember that the Raps went 2-0 during the regular season against the Warriors, including smashing them by 20 at Oracle with Steph, Klay, and KD all playing.
Even with the Warriors with a full list, the Raps still had a legit shot.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Proud of the fight. Nobody can question what this team is all about. Had a good run with injuries in post seasons gone by, law of averages dictate that will eventually change. Still ugly seeing Klay go down like that in the midst of a game 6 he was taking over. ACL worst possible news, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Dynasty all but over. KD taking his 31.5 mil player option will be a bitter pill for the organisation to swallow but that’s just a reality of the sport. Whilst getting back to this stage next season doesn’t look realistic right now it still wouldn’t shock to see this team at the business end in coming seasons.

Contgrats to Toronto.
He aint taking the option

Care to name these morons so I can infract them?

Commiserations mate. Credit to you for sticking fat in face of all the injuries.

Richmond have more injuries than golden state :D

My avatar is the real MVP

Well come on now. Van Vleet was shooting .000004567 prior to the birth of his son but is now one of the premiere shooters that we have in this league. /Hubie

Congratulations to those who predicted correctly

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 7.26.43 pm.png

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Gotta remember that the Raps went 2-0 during the regular season against the Warriors, including smashing them by 20 at Oracle with Steph, Klay, and KD all playing.
Even with the Warriors with a full list, the Raps still had a legit shot.
True.

Disappointed we didn’t get to see it.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Nice to see a new name on the trophy. Pleased for Lowry too, really made something of himself and his career and helped put the Raps on the map.

Don't really want to see twin ACL's, but at least we know neither Klay nor Durant will ever lose their shooting touch.

End of an era, on to the next.

Tazzaye

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn’t realise how average Curry can be on defence, just kinda slacks off and shows no real urgency...

Tazzaye

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will be interesting to see how the Durant situation is handled, could maybe resign for a cheap 1 yr deal to allow Klay the max and return in the Playoffs in 2020 and try leave on a high note

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Super proud of the team. Steph had a good look to force a Game 7.

Obliviously I think we win if healthy, but there's no such thing as an asterisk in sport. You beat whoever is out there and Toronto are deserved champs.

A great team with many contributors. I didn't even think KL was great this series, they just had guys turning up for every game.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't ever want to see the old "Warriors are better than Michael Jordan's Bulls argument" ever again. The Warriors didn't threepeat once

I actually think we've proved this year that we're better than that Bulls teams.

Tell me how those Bulls teams would have gone had MJ been injured when the second round series was tied 2-2? Then have Kukoc and Longley playing injured for the rest of the playoffs and Rodman miss two games in the Finals.

I'm 100% sure they don't win the next 6 games (including sweeping the Conference Finals) and then get within one shot of playing a Game 7.

And while I am obviously a Warriors fan, I say this as someone who watches basketball today because of Michael Jordan (my favorite player of all time ainec) and that Bulls team is my favorite team of all time.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Doris Burke really annoys me. The questioning to Kawhi was awkward as.
She’s okay as a commentator but she’s not even the best out there. ESPN talk her up a bit much for me.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Don’t think too many envisioned Durant being out, Klay being hobbled and then tearing his ACL at a key moment. Boogie was never going to be the difference anyway.
The Bulls wouldn’t have threepeated if they lost two of their best players in the finals either.

What a bizarre argument.
Honestly. Golden state wouldn’t have won more then 1 if it wasn’t due to injuries.
Injuries happen, Golden state didn’t have the rotations to cover.
They had Green, Cousins, Curry. Their fault for buying too much star power that their bench isn’t close to productive.
Toronto didn’t have a lottery pick. Their bench mattered. If Warriors want to compete again, Iggy and Livingston are gone.

Back