The Official Bigfooty NBA 2019 Finals thread - Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (Raptors win 4-2)

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly. Golden state wouldn’t have won more then 1 if it wasn’t due to injuries.
In 2016/17 who was missing for the opposing teams that contributed to Golden State winning? Genuine question.

What I can tell you is if Green played in game 5 in 2015/16 then the Warriors win the series 4-1 based on your logic. LBJ acted like a little bitch getting Green suspended with his snake behaviour.

If, coulda,woulda, shoulda.

So who will the next dynasty be?

Can't see Kawhi sticking around long enough to have it be Toronto.

I think we'll see it head the way the AFL has after the Hawks threepeat. We'll have a different winner for the next few years. If KD/Kawhi leave then the talent is really spreading out a bit.

I wonder what the narrative would have been if that was LeBron who missed the potential game winner rather than Curry?

Curry's not in LeBron's world when it comes to all time great, so he (rightfully) doesn't get the same criticism as LeBron would.

I also think people know Warriors were 1% to win Game 7, so it probably doesn't matter anyway. If there was an expectation KD could have made it back for Game 7, I think he probably would hear more about it.

I actually think we've proved this year that we're better than that Bulls teams.

Tell me how those Bulls teams would have gone had MJ been injured when the second round series was tied 2-2? Then have Kukoc and Longley playing injured for the rest of the playoffs and Rodman miss two games in the Finals.

I'm 100% sure they don't win the next 6 games (including sweeping the Conference Finals) and then get within one shot of playing a Game 7.

And while I am obviously a Warriors fan, I say this as someone who watches basketball today because of Michael Jordan (my favorite player of all time ainec) and that Bulls team is my favorite team of all time.
Jordan never missed games with injury, his durability was one of his major strengths. So he would never have missed any Finals or Playoff games. Pippen also went very close to carrying the Bulls back to the Finals the first year without Jordan, you didn't mention him.

Jordan never missed games with injury, his durability was one of his major strengths. So he would never have missed any Finals or Playoff games. Pippen also went very close to carrying the Bulls back to the Finals the first year without Jordan, you didn't mention him.

I didn't mention him because I was comparing injuries. Steph was relatively injury free this post season (Warriors 2nd best player), so I didn't mention Pippen (the Bulls second best player).

Obviously Jordan was a machine.

Steph has carried this team to 3 out of 3 finals without Durant in this 5 year run, compared to 0/2 for Pippen (s**t, even in one of those years Pippen had Jordan playing).

If he did an achilles or an ACL he’d miss games. Silly argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how the Durant situation is handled, could maybe resign for a cheap 1 yr deal to allow Klay the max and return in the Playoffs in 2020 and try leave on a high note

Yep. I'm not so sure we've seen the last of the Warriors just yet. If what you suggest happens, and I think it's a real possibility, I can see Warriors dropping next season, but back with a vengeance the following year.

People with short memories that we just beat Houston twice, swept the WCF and split the first two against Toronto.

Regular season Steph is pretty unstoppable. They also have a full offseason to work out an offensive scheme, not just doing things on the fly during the Finals.

Imagine if the Jordan era Bulls simply added a Ewing, Olajuwon, Barkley, Malone, Wilkins, Reggie Miller etc (or Dell Curry! hah) for free.

GS already had a super elite group of players without Durant or Cousins. Whoever signed off on the single year cap raise of $24m to allow GS to sign a max wage megastar instead of spreading it logically over seasons shouldn't be making decisions.

Man the Warrior haters are so happy right now.

Sad.

For the record Steph scored 31ppg with an EFG% of 50.4% and 95% from the free throw line, while Kawhi scored 28ppg with an EFG% of 50% and 90% from the free throw line.

I'm not even saying Steph was good, but it's pretty funny the guys will say how terrible Steph was and in the same sentence say how great Kawhi was offensively.

Last edited:
And that stat of his Game 6 of shooting 6/17 from the field and 3/11 from 3 is pretty misleading. He had 3 x three quarter court heaves at the end of a period. So his shooting numbers were 6/14 from the field and 3/8 from 3s when shooting from inside the half court line. Not great, but hardly terrible.

He just couldn't get shots off against their D that could focus on him. He's a little dude, he can't just shoot over them Durant style.

Hard to read into much of that stuff (don't even plan on watching it), it's all just click bait stuff which ESPN is the best at - dumbest opinions by loud mouthed idiots. Shits me how that stuff is rewarded because it gets the most views.

Wasn't a fan of Golden State when KD joined as they were already an insane team and someone of his calibre going to the best team was just lame. That said, got mad respect for Thompson and Curry as players, those guys are flat out insane - closest I've really watched Thompson and I think KD out helped him in a sense that he was relied on more and was getting more touches to show his thing. These two (and Golden State) have changed the way the game has played, not many players can say that and the way they've done it with elite shooting has been maintained at the level for quite some time now which makes it all the more impressive.

Anyone that thinks this series loss takes away from Curry's legacy is just an idiot, nothing more can be said.

Back