Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 6 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harlequin Dream

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Cuban has made a mess of the Mavs after picking up Luka.

I am not sure how far they can get without another top-40 guy. I also don't know how they would find one. They don't have young players who could make a jump (Luka is the 3rd youngest on the roster) and they lack future assets as well.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Cuban has made a mess of the Mavs after picking up Luka.

I am not sure how far they can get without another top-40 guy. I also don't know how they would find one. They don't have young players who could make a jump (Luka is the 3rd youngest on the roster) and they lack future assets as well.

Josh green and Jaden Hardy are talented.

Aside from a pick owed to NY, full slate of 1sts.

But yeah the team is horrendously limited.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Son of Skeletor Checked the schedule. Suns and Pels play each other 3 times in the period from 10/12 to 18/12.

Monty and Willie must have booked a fishing trip

Good to get the tough games out of the way early.

Plus it builds suspense for the eventual Conference Finals match-up.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
images

Only 2 legit East teams, Celts and Bucks.

Cavs still a season or two away, the rest mostly are either frauds or have poorly constructed rosters with no depth or bench at all (case in point Philly and Atlanta)

Indy are a fascinating team, meant to be tanking, but really got some impressive young pieces and Hield and Turner are putting in career best seasons which i think should get them a good haul by trade deadline.

I think Indy and Orlando right now are best placed to challenge Boston and Milwaukee in the East in the next 5-10 years.

Teams like the Bulls; Nets, Knicks and Heat are locked in for years with bad contracts and very little hope to improve via the draft
I give Philly the benefit of the doubt purely because of the injuries and they haven’t had much of a chance to build that team chem. Probably the only knock about Philly would be the coach.

Other than that they could cause upsets when fully healthy.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Yeah I don’t give any of those teams a chance at a title, just can’t see a way for them to swindle it. Totally agree.

I feel for the Bulls somewhat, I think I rate a fully fit Lavine higher than most but even I wouldn’t say he is worth that contract, the problem is franchises are forced in to paying these guys under the current rules. That Beal contract is legit a joke but they either overpay him or lose him for nothing so they get bent over.

Think the rules need to be looked at because Beal has no business earning that. I think the Lavine contract isn’t in that class of being an anchor on the franchise, if he can get fit I think he’s not that far off being worth it.

The Heats roster I don’t rate at all, the only reason I give them a shot is because I thought they were set for mediocrity with no way to get over the jump 4 or so years ago and they managed to attract Butler and somehow make the finals with that roster
Just in regards to your contract as much as I agree with you about certain players like beal and lavine who are earning stupid amounts but the other side of that coin either though yes it does bend teams over but it is an incentive for star players to stay with the smaller market teams which makes sense otherwise who the * is going to play in Cleveland, Utah even Milwaukee without the max deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Week 7 Thread here:

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Just in regards to your contract as much as I agree with you about certain players like beal and lavine who are earning stupid amounts but the other side of that coin either though yes it does bend teams over but it is an incentive for star players to stay with the smaller market teams which makes sense otherwise who the * is going to play in Cleveland, Utah even Milwaukee without the max deals.
It’s definitely a balancing act, the problem is we are now seeing players re-sign knowing they have to so they can get the max money and request a trade soon after.

I don’t know what the answer is but it needs some work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back