The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 7 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

43 -19 FTA and lose by a point.

This is getting a tad farcical.

I was surprised we won the count as normally Green doesnt get the calls but if you watched the game hardly surprising. Suns were happy to jack threes all game and rockets were driving a lot more. Amazingly the team driving more got more freebies. Still Suns should have had the game wrapped up at HT considering how bad our backcourt was first half.

I was surprised we won the count as normally Green doesnt get the calls but if you watched the game hardly surprising. Suns were happy to jack threes all game and rockets were driving a lot more. Amazingly the team driving more got more freebies. Still Suns should have had the game wrapped up at HT considering how bad our backcourt was first half.
I watched the game. No doubt Houston were getting in the paint more, but the disparity in the count is not right. Third time this season such a lopsided count has occurred (Miami and Lakers) and we’ve lost two by a point and won the other. Houston played well and good on them for sticking at it when down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Mavs now 11-6 when Luka drops 30+ and 0-6 when he scores under 30...

Can't wait for the haters to tell me more about how the problem is Luka

The only issue I have had with Luka is his constantly whining to the refs, which to his credit, he has cut out a lot this season..

Probably MVP favourite right now all things being equal.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
The only issue I have had with Luka is his constantly whining to the refs, which to his credit, he has cut out a lot this season..

Probably MVP favourite right now all things being equal.
I think Luka is the best performing player in the league right now (or Steph), but the record isn't good enough. I have made it pretty clear that i think the MVP is a heavily flawed award but with it currently being the way it is i think Tatum, Giannis and Jokic are the favourites. The Mavs would need to make a move to at least be a top 3 or so seed.

I also don't think Luka is that popular with some of the American media which probably hurts him a little. Everything points to a Tatum win

The media is bored of Giannis and Jokic, Luka and Steph don't have the record. Tatum is on the best team, having a very good year and he has always been a fan and media favourite. Still very early in the year so it is far from decided but i think things remaining as they are it is hard to see Luka being given a shot to win it.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Luka is the best performing player in the league right now (or Steph), but the record isn't good enough. I have made it pretty clear that i think the MVP is a heavily flawed award but with it currently being the way it is i think Tatum, Giannis and Jokic are the favourites. The Mavs would need to make a move to at least be a top 3 or so seed.

I also don't think Luka is that popular with some of the American media which probably hurts him a little. Everything points to a Tatum win

The media is bored of Giannis and Jokic, Luka and Steph don't have the record. Tatum is on the best team, having a very good year and he has always been a fan and media favourite. Still very early in the year so it is far from decided but i think things remaining as they are it is hard to see Luka being given a shot to win it.
MVP always is a media driven campaign

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Sabonis had another fine game for the Rising Kings.

Despite giving up Haliburton, Sacramento are a significantly better team for doing that trade, especially Fox.

Sometimes I think we can be somewhat short sighted when assessing trades.
See i think Haliburton is a better player already, he is on a rookie deal and i think a floor general point guard is a lot more valuable than a big with average defence. The Kings were always going to get better in the short term from this trade, the problem is trying to find a path to becoming a title contender. If i was a Kings fan i wouldn't have wanted to suffer for over a decade just to cap out as a 2nd round exit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back