The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 7 Thread.

Which has nothing to do with the free throw disparity.
There's no such rule that each team need to shoot the same amount of free throws so the disparity in free throws doesn't hold much meaning.

Missing free throws holds much greater meaning to a loss.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Sabonis had another fine game for the Rising Kings.

Despite giving up Haliburton, Sacramento are a significantly better team for doing that trade, especially Fox.

Sometimes I think we can be somewhat short sighted when assessing trades.

You keep saying this, but it's incomplete analysis.

The Kings are better because they improved significantly in the off-season. Added a lot of shooting and depth.

They weren't any better after the trade last season. And it's not a matter of opportunity cost either, cos they would have had more cap room, not less, in hanging on to Haliburton.

The trade does seem to have lit a fire under Fox though, which was well overdue. I'm chuffed for the Kings, have always had a soft spot for them. But let's not go overboard.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You keep saying this, but it's incomplete analysis.

The Kings are better because they improved significantly in the off-season. Added a lot of shooting and depth.

They weren't any better after the trade last season. And it's not a matter of opportunity cost either, cos they would have had more cap room, not less, in hanging on to Haliburton.

The trade does seem to have lit a fire under Fox though, which was well overdue. I'm chuffed for the Kings, have always had a soft spot for them. But let's not go overboard.

Malik Monk has been a very good signing for him.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Malik Monk has been a very good signing for him.

I reckon they stole Huerter too, a lottery-protected first is very good value indeed.

Being able to also bring Davion Mitchell and Terrence Davis off the bench with Monk is similarly underrated.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There's no such rule that each team need to shoot the same amount of free throws so the disparity in free throws doesn't hold much meaning.

Missing free throws holds much greater meaning to a loss.

To be fair to Look2Me4Guidance , the Suns have played three games in the last fortnight where the FT disparity has been 103-28.

I defy anyone to watch their team's opponents shoot 400% more free throws and not feel frustrated. It is what it is.

To be fair to Look2Me4Guidance , the Suns have played three games in the last fortnight where the FT disparity has been 103-28.

I defy anyone to watch their team's opponents shoot 400% more free throws and not feel frustrated. It is what it is.
The annoyance stems from the old narrative that “you need to have a reputation as a good defensive team and you won’t get whistled as often“. We’ve been a good defensive team for 3 years now and we still don’t get much rub of the green with the calls.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The annoyance stems from the old narrative that “you need to have a reputation as a good defensive team and you won’t get whistled as often“. We’ve been a good defensive team for 3 years now and we still don’t get much rub of the green with the calls.

Herb Jones likes this!

Never miss a Josh Jackson drive-by opportunity.
Remember that game a few years ago against the Pels where he hit the game winner. A more bizarre final few mins you will not find

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Remember that game a few years ago against the Pels where he hit the game winner. A more bizarre final few mins you will not find

I was wondering why what Matt Ryan and peternorth 's Lakers did to us gave me deja vu.

Your New Orleans Pelicans - giving plebs their moment in the sun since 2002.

Actually I just typed 'Josh Jackson vs Pels' into Youtube.

90% of his career highlights must have come against us, JFC.
Josh “Smoothie King” Jackson

Back