Certified Legendary Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 8 Thread: Where the Suns finally break their FT hoodoo?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Imagine going all in and trading for Harden to pair with a top 5 player in the league and not having the balls to punt Doc in to the sun. Outrageous

Embiid no longer a top 5 player in the league imo.

Anyhow I think Morey should be under as much pressure as Doc.

⁰Philly don't have their first round pick this season either (due to the Harden traden)

It's a poor and unbalanced roster.
Absolutely no chance to win a chip as currently constructed even when you eventually fire Doc.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Embiid no longer a top 5 player in the league imo.

Anyhow I think Morey should be under as much pressure as Doc.

⁰Philly don't have their first round pick this season either (due to the Harden traden)

It's a poor and unbalanced roster.
Absolutely no chance to win a chip as currently constructed even when you eventually fire Doc.
Bro he was top 3 in MVP voting 2 years in a row, his ‘slow start’ to this year is 31/10/5… how on earth is he not too 5.

Look at the roster Morey had when he started… He turned Embiid, Simmons, Harris, Horford, Richardson in to Harden, Embiid, Maxey. He has done everything he could with the cards he was dealt

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
You don't think opening up fox and getting the big Lithuanian gun. Made them much better?

I think. Your sentences. Don't make sense.

Re-read what I wrote. Swapping Haliburton for Sabonis didn't make them any better last season. Their improvement came after an off-season overhaul.

Sure, in the short term swapping one of their two point guards for a position of need probably adds to their talent pool. Whether the move was the best long term move for them is another discussion entirely. Also, part of 'opening up Fox' was adding the requisite shooting that should have been done years ago. They finally addressed that this off-season, which was not contingent on the trade at all really.

I'm chuffed for the Kings. I do worry about their ability to guard teams in the playoffs, but that's for another day.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Off the top of my head, I’d take these guys ahead of him right now. I’m sure I’m missing obvious names as well.

Tatum
Giannis
Doncic
Curry
AD
Embiid
Morant
Booker
Jokic
Durant

He’s in the conversation for those lower spots but I don’t personally have him there based on this season. He still has nights that are top 10 but they’re definitely further apart. Which is fine, he’s obviously in the twilight and he’s been top for so long.
Booker and jokic and maybe embiid aren’t better than lebron but rest I can agree with.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Booker and jokic and maybe embiid aren’t better than lebron but rest I can agree with.

Jokic is definitely better than LeBron, now. Even after 2 MVPs, people still don't realise how good he is.

To wit, LeBron's on/off for the season is currently -5.4. Jokic's is +24.2, which is just insane.

Jokic was +2 in 37 mins against us yesterday, in a game we won by 15.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Massive win by the Pacers. Should be good enough to at least be a play in the East this season. I don't think the Dubs are making it past the 2nd round now, unless they somehow make a hail mary trade to bring Durant back.
The Warriors don't need a Durant, they need to improve the bench.

Back