Certified Legendary Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA 2022-3 Week 9 Thread: Pelicans top of the West

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA jerseys are such a mess now.

Tuned into Nets Raptors highlights and the Raptors are wearing black and the Nets are wearing white and red...

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
NBA jerseys are such a mess now.

Tuned into Nets Raptors highlights and the Raptors are wearing black and the Nets are wearing white and red...

Never been a fan generally.

Can live with teams having one 'special' jersey per season, particularly if it's tied to something relevant. To use the Pels as an example, I don't mind us having a Mardi Gras jersey. If the Griz want to wear a MLK jersey on a couple of dates, also fine. The odd retro jersey is also cool - it has been nice to the old 'Starburst' Suns jersey come out of retirement this year.

But the proliferation of 'limited edition' jerseys is incredibly banal. I believe in business it's called 'brand dilution'. There's a reason why the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls jerseys are staple classics. When Milwaukee won Game 6 to clinch the championship last year, they were wearing those black jerseys that have nothing to do with anything. 50 years from now, people are going to wonder what the hell they were wearing.

The NBA also need to sort out home and away jerseys again. If they want to flip it from the old rule, so that home jerseys are the coloured ones and away ones are white, fine. Just institute the rule and be done with it.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haliburton's passing and IQ are really off the charts. A lot of players rack up assists by handling the ball and passing to shooters coming off screens which is really more coaching than the player creating (Winslow in his Miami days) but Haliburton creates shots with his passes and leads players to scores with his timing and placement, he needs to develop a midrange game to bump up his scoring

Never been a fan generally.

Can live with teams having one 'special' jersey per season, particularly if it's tied to something relevant. To use the Pels as an example, I don't mind us having a Mardi Gras jersey. If the Griz want to wear a MLK jersey on a couple of dates, also fine. The odd retro jersey is also cool - it has been nice to the old 'Starburst' Suns jersey come out of retirement this year.

But the proliferation of 'limited edition' jerseys is incredibly banal. I believe in business it's called 'brand dilution'. There's a reason why the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls jerseys are staple classics. When Milwaukee won Game 6 to clinch the championship last year, they were wearing those black jerseys that have nothing to do with anything. 50 years from now, people are going to wonder what the hell they were wearing.

The NBA also need to sort out home and away jerseys again. If they want to flip it from the old rule, so that home jerseys are the coloured ones and away ones are white, fine. Just institute the rule and be done with it.

Amen. Simple times were good times. Now we hate city editions, statement editions etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
When did Josh Hart become such a dominant force on the offensive glass.

Is one of the best wing rebounders in the league, has been for a while.

Suns really don't like NO.

And we really don't like the Jazz, and the Jazz really don't like the Bucks, and the Bucks really don't like the Griz, and the Griz really don't like the Thunder.

I think it means that OKC are now championship certainties.

Is one of the best wing rebounders in the league, has been for a while.

And we really don't like the Jazz, and the Jazz really don't like the Bucks, and the Bucks really don't like the Griz, and the Griz really don't like the Thunder.

I think it means that OKC are now championship certainties.
Always been good for his size but didn't expect to see he's up to 2orpg double his career average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back