Live Event The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 1 Thread: Opening night

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA_75-e1625696659361.jpg

Welcome to the first week of the NBA 2021-22 season. A special thank you to Son of Skeletor for his season preview rumoured to be in the running for Bigfootys Poet Laureate. I'm sure you'll congratulate him accordingly. Or not.

fidstar has opened his annual prediction thread. Please click here to lodge your thoughts and forecasts. Prizes may or may not be awarded for the most accurate poster at seasons end as monies in Bigfootys account has been withheld by Robert Sarver.

Today also marks the first day of the 75th season of the NBA of sorts. The NBA will announce it's greatest 75 players of ALL TIME, broadcast on TNT and ESPN. Assuming the NBA will rehash the top 50 from 25 years ago we will see another, additional, 25 unveiled over the next few days. SOME players may even feature in todays opening games (not Shumpet).

4wMExIMjeVvFeGldpZ09gCeaWu5V8m1x-Z2zt5IKNI1NHBrbWWrxNwE6LAyAZE9x_Rxp6AO_CAgHvdxS7-oilCQBdDIEHiTBlbU-vTAO5MoZzvd3-LKUSkSvJ60mUGNrDevZCQ
Milwaukee+Bucks.jpg

The World Champion Milwaukee Bucks will raise the banner in the face of the championship favourite KD Nets. The Bucks are missing Bobby Portis and Vinny DiVicenzo, but have pried serial pest Grayson Allen away from the Grjizz. The Nets without the unvaccinated, but they welcome back New Jersey great LaMarcus Aldridge.

los_angeles_lakers_2002-pres.png
1634681093974.png

Where to start. This poster write this through teary eyes.....the Lakers are a chance of winning it all with a lineup fit for a late night 2k sesh. The prodigal son Russell Westbrook, Staples Center center DeAndre Jordan...... 3 time Laker Dwight Howard, Laker greats Avery Bradley, Rajon Rondo, Kent Bazemore, Wayne Ellington, and Trev Ariza (injured) all (re)join the ball club. Only Lebron, AD and Horton-Tucker (another injury) return from the ill fated 2020 season. LA Lakers, the family club. *wipes eyes*

But they host Golden State bursting with chemistry and talent. And confidence. But they are still without Klay Thompson who's missed what two years? He's basically the anti COVID. James Wiseman is also missing.

The teams bring in contrasting form, with the Warriors undefeated, and the Lakers slumping to a winless 5 game stretch. A champion team > team of champions. Warriors by 10.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Welcome to the first week of the NBA 2021-22 season. A special thank you to Son of Skeletor for his season preview rumoured to be in the running for Bigfootys Poet Laureate. I'm sure you'll congratulate him accordingly. Or not.

I'm glad you wrote this before I finished my Lakers preview.

Also, full marks for throwback logos.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Really looking forward to my Nets starting season strong... Have not been this excited about my team since J Kidd took them to finals.

The off-season when they signed Travis Outlaw and Johan Petro didn't do it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back