Live Event The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 1 Thread: Opening night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to see how the Lakers are going to make this work.

Opposition teams can take a night off on perimeter defence. They already give LeBron what he wants from deep. AD is going to shoot low 30's from 3 as per his whole career so he can have what he wants from there. And Russ can have anything he wants outside about 15 feet.

So all year the paint will be crowded as all ****, rendering Russ and Howard completely useless.

LeBron and AD will get their points but it will not be enough.

It is seriously hard to believe LeBron has never once in the 3pt era had lights out 3pt marksman around him. It is so ****ing obvious yet they have never done it. Every year we get the same - bog average 3 and d players picked up on the cheap.

Except this year they went and got one of the worst shooters in the NBA picked up at an exorbitant price.

I think what we are slowly learning is LeBron is the equal of Magic when it comes to management.

There is always a lot of hope for a Lakers fail, but this side has enough talent to make it into a top 4 seed in the west.

The issue for the Lakers will start then.They struggle to have coverage when the ball moves around the floor, they had the same issue last season and certainly didn’t address that in the off-season, in fact, they regressed.

Russ is a horrible fit for the side unless he is specifically set to push the tempo, he just won’t fit a slow run offence

There is always a lot of hope for a Lakers fail, but this side has enough talent to make it into a top 4 seed in the west.

The issue for the Lakers will start then.They struggle to have coverage when the ball moves around the floor, they had the same issue last season and certainly didn’t address that in the off-season, in fact, they regressed.

Russ is a horrible fit for the side unless he is specifically set to push the tempo, he just won’t fit a slow run offence

Agree - they have enough talent to go deep and Russ will beat up on s**t teams and get some nice stats but against good teams he will choke as per always.

Stolen from reddit:

mxgwG8g.jpeg

It is hard to see how the Lakers are going to make this work.

Opposition teams can take a night off on perimeter defence. They already give LeBron what he wants from deep. AD is going to shoot low 30's from 3 as per his whole career so he can have what he wants from there. And Russ can have anything he wants outside about 15 feet.

So all year the paint will be crowded as all ****, rendering Russ and Howard completely useless.

LeBron and AD will get their points but it will not be enough.

It is seriously hard to believe LeBron has never once in the 3pt era had lights out 3pt marksman around him. It is so ****ing obvious yet they have never done it. Every year we get the same - bog average 3 and d players picked up on the cheap.

Except this year they went and got one of the worst shooters in the NBA picked up at an exorbitant price.

I think what we are slowly learning is LeBron is the equal of Magic when it comes to management.

I agree with everything you said except bolded part

ray-allen-wants-to-play-with-his-friend-lebron.jpg

Not enough love for the Dubs performance imo

They stay healthy, they are playoff martial for sure

Yep I just think GSW played an absolute cracker of a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lakers have the talent to improve significantly on what we saw as they get more comfortable with the lineup. What the ultimate ceiling is with Russ is debatable.

Rondo has improved his shot but nowhere near enough to log minutes in the same backcourt as Westbrook.

Avery Bradley in the closing lineup after landing in LA hours ago was a telling prayer.

Game 1 overreactions are my favourite.

A healthy AD and Lebron is a contender no matter what, Russ will not be that bad every night no matter how bad the fit.

If the Lakers look like that at Christmas then i will start to have some concerns about them.

Last edited:
The offseason foot surgery Zion Williamson underwent was only revealed to the public on media day and it is possible that the New Orleans Pelicans were also unaware of it.

"There's a strong belief in league circles that the Pelicans were unaware of that procedure until Williamson reported to New Orleans ahead of media day," writes Jake Fischer.

Fischer, however, adds that the Pelicans and Williamson were aligned on the injury's timeline.

Williamson is expected to play under a minutes restriction when he returns. Sources say Williamson has weighed more than 300 pounds at points this offseason.

"I know Zion at 280, and he was not 280," said one observer.

"These are the injuries you have to be the most concerned about, a foot injury for a guy with noted weight issues," said one Western Conference executive.

Never a dull moment eh Son of Skeletor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back