Live Chat The official Bigfooty NBA Week 1 thread (we love China and free speech)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Skeletor

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
I always love the first month of the season.

No tanking, plenty of upsets, lots of new players, everything seems fresh. Plus lots of unintentionally hilarious hot takes.

Now if the Pels could just win a close one I'll be a happy man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look2Me4Guidance

Destination Club Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
On the punt
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
I always love the first month of the season.

No tanking, plenty of upsets, lots of new players, everything seems fresh. Plus lots of unintentionally hilarious hot takes.

Now if the Pels could just win a close one I'll be a happy man.
It’s the hot takes (including my own) that I’m here for

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
225? That would be incredibly stupid.
Perhaps 225 is a bit far, and unrealistic, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for him to lose significant weight, knee injury or not. I don't buy into this idea that he'll somehow lose what makes him good and effective by losing weight.

At 6'6", with a 6'10" wingspan, at the very least, there's really no reason for him to be over 250lbs.

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Perhaps 225 is a bit far, and unrealistic, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for him to lose significant weight, knee injury or not. I don't buy into this idea that he'll somehow lose what makes him good and effective by losing weight.

At 6'6", with a 6'10" wingspan, at the very least, there's really no reason for him to be over 250lbs.
250lbs would be fine, anything less will end up being a negative.

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

I wouldn’t drop too much weight unless medical advice suggests otherwise (I am no doctor so wouldn’t have a clue) He has such an advantage as a small ball center with his size and explosiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I wouldn’t drop too much weight unless medical advice suggests otherwise (I am no doctor so wouldn’t have a clue) He has such an advantage as a small ball center with his size and explosiveness.
He's not really that long, though. I know his leap somewhat makes up for it, but it'd be a waste if that's the main vision for him as a player.

The formula seems pretty simple:

- Drop to 250lbs, and stay there
- Play as a LeBron-style hybrid forward
- Average 20-25/8-10/4-5 for a decade
- Profit

Not much more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom