Live Event The official Bigfooty NBA Week 1 thread (we love China and free speech)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always love the first month of the season.

No tanking, plenty of upsets, lots of new players, everything seems fresh. Plus lots of unintentionally hilarious hot takes.

Now if the Pels could just win a close one I'll be a happy man.
It’s the hot takes (including my own) that I’m here for

If you don't have money on Frank the Tank for MVP by now, you're doing it wrong.
If Kelly Oubre gives him a fashion makeover we have a global juggernaut on our hands

225? That would be incredibly stupid.

Perhaps 225 is a bit far, and unrealistic, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for him to lose significant weight, knee injury or not. I don't buy into this idea that he'll somehow lose what makes him good and effective by losing weight.

At 6'6", with a 6'10" wingspan, at the very least, there's really no reason for him to be over 250lbs.

Perhaps 225 is a bit far, and unrealistic, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for him to lose significant weight, knee injury or not. I don't buy into this idea that he'll somehow lose what makes him good and effective by losing weight.

At 6'6", with a 6'10" wingspan, at the very least, there's really no reason for him to be over 250lbs.

250lbs would be fine, anything less will end up being a negative.

I wouldn’t drop too much weight unless medical advice suggests otherwise (I am no doctor so wouldn’t have a clue) He has such an advantage as a small ball center with his size and explosiveness.

I wouldn’t drop too much weight unless medical advice suggests otherwise (I am no doctor so wouldn’t have a clue) He has such an advantage as a small ball center with his size and explosiveness.

He's not really that long, though. I know his leap somewhat makes up for it, but it'd be a waste if that's the main vision for him as a player.

The formula seems pretty simple:

- Drop to 250lbs, and stay there
- Play as a LeBron-style hybrid forward
- Average 20-25/8-10/4-5 for a decade
- Profit

Not much more complicated than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back