The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 10 Thread - Rise of the Superteams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
In his first season Luka averaged more than Simmons is likely to ever average in his career. In his 2nd season he averaged near on double of Ben. You’d think that’s about as far as that discussion needs to go.

Cause he's a chucker. Many players put up big points on rubbish teams.

D wins championships. Or have you lot changed your tone now?

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Carries his team to 10th. Couple games ahead of thunder and Houston in an overrated west

47% for a volume shooter carrying his team.

And PG’s with non existent jump shots lose them

Rubbish pgs are sposed to pass.

Literally what a pg is. Control the flow which ben does elite levels

Joe9

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
anyone remember when teams played defense in the nba?
scoring records are going to become a joke with teams playing all-star game defense every night

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
And PG’s with non existent jump shots lose them

They lost in the last second in game7 vs the champions. After the ball bounced on the ring 15 times.

With the like of reddick. Butler. Arguably playing pretty average.

I wouldn't be surprised if simmons eventually wins a ring, without learning to shoot.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Carries his team to 10th

Rubbish pgs are sposed to pass.

Literally what a pg is
Having a J the defense respects is literally what creates the space to make a PG a more effective passer. Not going to sit here and debate someone who’s basic understanding of game dynamics goes no deeper than “PG’s are sposed to pass”

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The guy that's fourth in the league in assists per game is a chucker?

Good to know.

He was shooting worse than reddish late last season and having a poor season again for 3.

Obviously doncic is amazing but many players put up big points on s**t teams. Randle grant. Young.

I did not know assist was related to shooting poorly

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Having a J the defense respects is literally what creates the space to make a PG a more effective passer. Not going to sit here and debate someone who’s basic understanding of game dynamics goes no deeper than “PG’s are sposed to pass”

I understand the concept but ben with his size and athleticism isn't the typical pg.

Your claim he won't win a championship is a big one. Mj won 6 after 28 and ben is still a kid

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
He was shooting worse than reddish late last season

Do you know what a non sequitur is?

Completely irrelevant.

and having a poor season again for 3.

He's shooting 35%, which is good enough for someone who takes tough shots and shoots a high volume. And does a lot more for his team besides.

Obviously doncic is amazing but many players put up big points on sh*t teams. Randle grant. Young.

Well sh1t, I must have imagined Doncic averaging 31/10/9 in the playoffs last year. Silly me.

Meanwhile you're waxing lyrical about Simmons' playoff series against the Raptors in 2019. A series in which he averaged 11 points and 5 assists per game.

It's not. You called him a chucker, remember?

Chuckers don't average nearly double digit assists per game. Shooting percentages were never mentioned, except in your own mind.

He was shooting worse than reddish late last season and having a poor season again for 3.

Obviously doncic is amazing but many players put up big points on sh*t teams. Randle grant. Young.

Came into the season out of shape, by his own admission. However he's shooting 44.7% on threes for February now he has he legs a bit more under under him. 56 eFG% in Feb.
I think his 3pt% will be around 37-38% by seasons end which is a pretty high mark for someone that handles the ball as much as him, with his volume of shots.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Only to highlight how risky it is to right off a 3 time all star / all nba / defensive team of the year etc.

Bloke at 24 years old
Nobody is writing him off here, if you want to take it that way that’s on you. Said he’s not better then Luka and PG’s with no J don’t correlate well with rings which is a fact of the modern game. That’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back