The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 10 Thread - Rise of the Superteams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Finch going hard with the 'getting KAT back to the centre of everything' lines. Feels like a pretty direct dig at Saunders and I can't say I disagree with it.
It’s a long bow to draw given how much he has missed! Feel for Saunders a little. They have some talent at the wings with Edwards and Beasley. Athleticism at the big spots too. No opportunity for cohesion with Kat at the helm. Another talent coming in next year in a strong draft and Finch looks like a genius.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
It’s a long bow to draw given how much he has missed! Feel for Saunders a little. They have some talent at the wings with Edwards and Beasley. Athleticism at the big spots too. No opportunity for cohesion with Kat at the helm. Another talent coming in next year in a strong draft and Finch looks like a genius.
KAT didn't have a touch in the fourth quarter of a tight game a week or so ago, and went on record as saying it "would have been nice to get a touch." That just can't happen with a player like KAT. Agree he's missed a lot of time but it has been all too common across multiple seasons with Saunders.

I do feel for Saunders, though. This meant a lot to him given his family's connections, and he's had some real bad luck with DLo/KAT. He certainly didn't help himself at times though, pushing line-ups that cost us games (DLo/Rubio pairing) and saying that it needs to work so he'll keep going back to it, refusing to play late game actions through Beasley, not using KAT enough, and consistently poor actions out of time outs. A lot of the problems of this team are on personnel, but Saunders didn't really endear himself as a coach.

I think we're better than we look, but there are still issues. The concern is not being able to get our max players on the court together, and that we don't have a first round pick unless the lottery gods are kind to us.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
KAT didn't have a touch in the fourth quarter of a tight game a week or so ago, and went on record as saying it "would have been nice to get a touch." That just can't happen with a player like KAT. Agree he's missed a lot of time but it has been all too common across multiple seasons with Saunders.

I do feel for Saunders, though. This meant a lot to him given his family's connections, and he's had some real bad luck with DLo/KAT. He certainly didn't help himself at times though, pushing line-ups that cost us games (DLo/Rubio pairing) and saying that it needs to work so he'll keep going back to it, refusing to play late game actions through Beasley, not using KAT enough, and consistently poor actions out of time outs. A lot of the problems of this team are on personnel, but Saunders didn't really endear himself as a coach.

I think we're better than we look, but there are still issues. The concern is not being able to get our max players on the court together, and that we don't have a first round pick unless the lottery gods are kind to us.
Not getting touches probably has more to do with the young team than Saunders. You would think Rubio would get him involved though.

Love the Mid-Court logo but that Nuggs jersey needs to be shot into the sun
It baffles me that when teams wear similar colours when there are alternatives available. For example, Denver wearing that red/off red against portland

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back