The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 10 Thread - Rise of the Superteams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said we might trade him, given how Pritchard is developing as a ready made PG, but I never trashed him outright and called him useless etc.

He made the ASG last season with us, I felt like we (Celtics fans) owed him a bit more respect than the kicking he has been copping (mainly on social media, esp twitter)

If you felt I was having a pop at you personally, I apologise, was not my intention.

Marcus Smart, Kemba and picks need to be put on the trade table now.

Sounds pretty certain from the cheap seats.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
richard jefferson says "airplane mode" is the coolest player nickname in the A. ok

:D

Yes, I said that, an overreaction/meltdown to another s**t loss. I have never trashed Kemba's character though.

I also regret the idea of trading Marcus Smart. Its quite obvious our losing streak happened because of Cobra's absence.

Anyhow I do believe I should take credit for being the first one on the Payton Pritchard bandwagon.

First time I saw him play, I knew we had a really good player on our hands

Yes, I said that, an overreaction/meltdown to another sh*t loss. I have never trashed Kemba's character though.

I also regret the idea of trading Marcus Smart. Its quite obvious our losing streak happened because of Cobra's absence.

Anyhow I do believe I should take credit for being the first one on the Payton Pritchard bandwagon.

First time I saw him play, I knew we had a really good player on our hands

Is walker worth the $?

Will pritchard be the PG of the next celtic championship team? I dont see him being a top player in the league

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sounds pretty certain from the cheap seats.

In hindsight I probably should not have specified about other Celtics fans here, there has been a lot of toxic crap posted about Kemba on Twitter though, and I am delighted he played an invaluable game today.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is walker worth the $?

Will pritchard be the PG of the next celtic championship team?

A at the moment no, mainly due to serious knee injury issues, but at the time, I believe the Knicks and Mavs also offered him similar amounts of money (it was lineball between us and Dallas in the end I believe)

B I am very optimistic yes he will be, even as a Sixth man option, but we also have Marcus Smart there too.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Cause they have trae who is the most curry like player since the original.

Then picked up hunter. Reddish. Oo. My understanding is hunter has been very impressive.

They look better going forward IMHO.

They are projected to get yet another top10 pick in a good draft where as the Knicks will take Mavs pick.

The Mavs next best asset being 7'3 and highly injury prone isn't ideal either
Trae needs to learn how to play well with others. Steph moves significantly without the ball. Trae can’t move without the ball. They are worlds apart. That’s why Steph is an all star starter and Trae didn’t get a gig.

Going forward: both Doncic and Young need to play without the ball and save the heroics until the 4th quarter, KP is a better second option than anyone Hawks have, draft capital is just speculation (could be a Bennett or a Williamson), significant coaching factor in Carlisle...

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Cause they have trae who is the most curry like player since the original.

Then picked up hunter. Reddish. Oo. My understanding is hunter has been very impressive.

They look better going forward IMHO.

They are projected to get yet another top10 pick in a good draft where as the Knicks will take Mavs pick.

The Mavs next best asset being 7'3 and highly injury prone isn't ideal either
These sorts of comments need to stop... Trae is not at all Steph like.

Shooting long range 3's is not Steph like, he has a career high of 37% from 3 and absolutely does nothing off ball.

Steph Curry is one of the best off ball movers in the history of the NBA and has never shot under 41% from 3. (Last year doesn't count).

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sixers with their current roster construction is only a 2nd round playoff team (at best)

Embiid having an outstanding career best MVP season is the main reason why they are 1 in the east, but as we have seen with Giannis and the Bucks in the last few years, no decent back up cast, especially perimeter shooters, means SFA in the playoffs.

They really should have traded Simmons plus Shake for Harden, Sixers would have pretty much won the East had that happened.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Sixers with their current roster construction is only a 2nd round playoff team (at best)

Embiid having an outstanding career best MVP season is the main reason why they are 1 in the east, but as we have seen with Giannis and the Bucks in the last few years, no decent back up cast, especially perimeter shooters, means SFA in the playoffs.

They really should have traded Simmons plus Shake for Harden, Sixers would have pretty much won the East had that happened.
Nah they could absolutely make the conference finals, outside the Nets the East is trash.

Houston wasn't trading Harden to the Sixers because of Morey, they already offered more than what they got from the Nets and still wanted more.

They add someone who can handle the ball outside of Simmons or a stretch back up big and they can absolutely make the finals. This team is close, they just need to make 1 or two moves at the deadline.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

It was apparently

thybulle.
Maxey.
Picks.
Simmons.

Harris missing hurts the sixers when curry shooting is off. Korkmaz is a bad replacement, scott is cooked

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
It was apparently

thybulle.
Maxey.
Picks.
Simmons.

Harris missing hurts the sixers when curry shooting is off. Korkmaz is a bad replacement, scott is cooked
They also would have needed Green and Scott in it for salary reasons.

So it was young core, the entire depth of the team, picks and Simmons. They could not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back