Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Houston are fine, people looking at the deal now judging on players as they are now........in 5-6 years time Rockets still have Nets picks and Harden and Durant and Irving will be old. Heck i'd even guess that those players might leave after next season if The Nets win the title or the players want one last big payday. I really am not worried if dipo walks, we will chase someone else

The nets will max contract them. I don't think they could earn more money elsewhere?

They'd probably prefer to life in new York than cavs/grizzlies etc

Care to add someone then?
Luke Kennard, Griffin, Wall, Batum, Westbrook, OPJ, Gary Harris, Porzingis

Dion Waiters currently gets 12mil to not play.

Rudy is likely going to be DPOY, another all star season and very good chance at 3rd team all NBA. Easily a max level player.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Luke Kennard, Griffin, Wall, Batum, Westbrook, OPJ, Gary Harris, Porzingis

Dion Waiters currently gets 12mil to not play.

Rudy is likely going to be DPOY, another all star season and very good chance at 3rd team all NBA. Easily a max level player.

Klay Thompson is currently the worst contract in the league.

2 years into his max contract without playing a game.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
The only knock on him was his shooting and defense

He is knocking down 3s for fun and stealing the ball like crazy

Reminds me of a longer Jason Kidd, with a better shot already than when he was in his prime

He is the real deal

100%, no one thought he'd be this good soo early on in his career. He's engaged defensively and plays flashy team oriented offence, love it. I didn't give a * about the hornets until watching him play and they've become my go to league pass team. I'm sure alot of people have suddenly cared about the hornets.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
The nets will max contract them. I don't think they could earn more money elsewhere?

They'd probably prefer to life in new York than cavs/grizzlies etc
#luxurytax #cantaffordabench

I will give you that Harden is playing a fabulous role for the Nets. I’d be considering jumping off Irving long term, going with Harden and Durant and investing in quality depth to have a sustained run at a chip.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

I will give you that Harden is playing a fabulous role for the Nets. I’d be considering jumping off Irving long term, going with Harden and Durant and investing in quality depth to have a sustained run at a chip.

Yea true, it's not Kyrie's basketball ability but more per se the team chemisty and his general nut job behaviour. He's like an attention seeking child which I think will cause too much instability in the locker room. Could try to replace him with a serviceable big man and/or more depth.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

The owner has 12 billion dollars the lux tax probably won't bother them.

Yea true, it's not Kyrie's basketball ability but more per se the team chemisty and his general nut job behaviour. He's like an attention seeking child which I think will cause too much instability in the locker room. Could try to replace him with a serviceable big man and/or more depth.

Harden and kd love him. His nut job behavior is overblown he seems like a nice and charitable person.

They could just keep kyrie, a top15 player in the world. Instead of trading him. Looks the sensible option to me

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

Harden and kd love him. His nut job behavior is overblown he seems like a nice and charitable person.

They could just keep kyrie, a top15 player in the world. Instead of trading him. Looks the sensible option to me
The owner has 12 Billion dollars because, like any other wealthy person, they make money because they don’t like wasting money. Luxury tax is not something most owners don’t like paying, especially the repeater tax, which is the area Nets are staring at down the road. It’s what ends dynasties now, it killed the Strength in Numbers Warriors. Maybe you haven’t been watching that long?

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

Overblown? the guy stated on numerous occasions he thought the world was flat and didn't bother playing games this season because he didn't feel like it.

Lets see how they feel after a season or two with him as a teammate...

I really hope it works out but I would defs not be surprised if it doesn't with him being the main problem.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Overblown? the guy stated on numerous occasions he thought the world was flat and didn't bother playing games this season because he didn't feel like it.

Lets see how they feel after a season or two with him as a teammate...

I really hope it works out but I would defs not be surprised if it doesn't with him being the main problem.

He also gives a lot of time and money to charity and cares about social issues.

Yes, overblown. If your going to do character flaws of nba and past players it's a long list and I doubt irving is near the top.

It would not surprise me if the nets win many rings with irving being a core player. Like he has done previously.

It's a star driven league and it's hard to get your hands on top20 players.

Last edited:

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The owner has 12 Billion dollars because, like any other wealthy person, they make money because they don’t like wasting money. Luxury tax is not something most owners don’t like paying, especially the repeater tax, which is the area Nets are staring at down the road. It’s what ends dynasties now, it killed the Strength in Numbers Warriors. Maybe you haven’t been watching that long?

The warriors make a lot of money. The nets probably will too being the new superteam.

The warriors hq said they were happy to pay the luxury tax for kd and have 4 max players on the books.

They are doing it now with oubre who's costing around 80million and have said they will be happy to do it also next season. Otherwise they lose the iggy money in the cap.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

The (nets owner) bloke recently gave a BLM type group 50million and Yale uni 30mill.

Somehow if the nets lose their guns I doubt it will be because the owners don't want to put the hand in the pocket for luxury tax.

The tax has been and will probably continue to be reduced due to corona too

Last edited:

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
The (nets owner) bloke recently gave a BLM type group 50million and Yale uni 30mill.

Somehow if the nets lose their guns I doubt it will be because the owners don't want to put the hand in the pocket for luxury tax.

The tax has been and will probably continue to be reduced due to corona too
Those are charities which project a positive representation of a foreign ownership group in the US. Paying dead money is a very different proposition. Especially in a depressed economic climate due to, wait for it, Corona...

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
The warriors make a lot of money. The nets probably will too being the new superteam.

The warriors hq said they were happy to pay the luxury tax for kd and have 4 max players on the books.

They are doing it now with oubre who's costing around 80million and have said they will be happy to do it also next season. Otherwise they lose the iggy money in the cap.
I’m not talking about Warriors this season. I guess you weren’t paying attention as the Strength in Numbers was crippled by injury and a massive dearth of front court depth in 2019. Pockets aren’t bottomless. When you pay that much to three players, one injury, see Kevin Durant in 19, can cost dearly.

Where are the Warriors now? Highlight reels, mid conference with dreams of better days. Keep dreaming MP.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not talking about Warriors this season. I guess you weren’t paying attention as the Strength in Numbers was crippled by injury and a massive dearth of front court depth in 2019. Pockets aren’t bottomless. When you pay that much to three players, one injury, see Kevin Durant in 19, can cost dearly.

Where are the Warriors now? Highlight reels, mid conference with dreams of better days. Keep dreaming MP.

What are you talking about?l Klay and kd getting hurt? What do you think would happen if lebron and ad got hurt...It was just bad luck.

I was talking about the off season after raps won when kd free agent.

The point is the ownership stated they were prepared to pay the future luxury tax. The only reason it didn't happen cause kd wants to live in new York.

Those are charities which project a positive representation of a foreign ownership group in the US. Paying dead money is a very different proposition. Especially in a depressed economic climate due to, wait for it, Corona...

Idk the nets money situation but it's said the warriors being successful generates 700million us revenue.

It would not surprise me if brooklyn grows similar.

I'd argue the warriors are well placed with 3 great players, Wiseman , good draft picks and oubre essentially outside the cap

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
What are you talking about?l Klay and kd getting hurt? What do you think would happen if lebron and ad got hurt...It was just bad luck.

I was talking about the off season after raps won when kd free agent.

The point is the ownership stated they were prepared to pay the future luxury tax. The only reason it didn't happen cause kd wants to live in new York.

Idk the nets money situation but it's said the warriors being successful generates 700million us revenue.

It would not surprise me if brooklyn grows similar.

I'd argue the warriors are well placed with 3 great players, Wiseman , good draft picks and oubre essentially outside the cap
Yes KD getting hurt but, in the past they had Bogut, ZaZa, McGee amongst others who provided depth up front. It could be argued that Looney injury and the inability to rebound against Serge, Gasol, Pacsal and the like was a significant factor. You cannot argue that the Warriors weren’t as deep in 19 as they were in previous years because Steph was on 10 mil at the start of the run and got paid, Klay and KD got paid and Draymond took a discount to keep it together thus his fractured relationship with KD.

The Warriors are in good shape, I’ll give you that but they are ageing and have rookie contracts thus some depth. Getting the picture yet?

You did get one thing right, you don’t know (understand) the money situation.

Brooklyn will never be the Knicks in terms of prestige. Look at their following and net worth and they have sucked for 20 years.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes KD getting hurt but, in the past they had Bogut, ZaZa, McGee amongst others who provided depth up front. It could be argued that Looney injury and the inability to rebound against Serge, Gasol, Pacsal and the like was a significant factor. You cannot argue that the Warriors weren’t as deep in 19 as they were in previous years because Steph was on 10 mil at the start of the run and got paid, Klay and KD got paid and Draymond took a discount to keep it together thus his fractured relationship with KD.

The Warriors are in good shape, I’ll give you that but they are ageing and have rookie contracts thus some depth. Getting the picture yet?

You did get one thing right, you don’t know (understand) the money situation.

Brooklyn will never be the Knicks in terms of prestige. Look at their following and net worth and they have sucked for 20 years.

Kd took the pay cut to join iirc.

So they could afford iggy and livingston.

Not green

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The dubs win by light years if klay and kd don't go down. The last 6 seasons show superteam model works.

Depth is good but you can't replace the very best if they go down in finals a mcgee won't make much difference.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
You don't trade for Harden if the plan isn't to keep all 3 for as long as they want to play there (and are good). They'd be willing to pay the tax. You don't get many opportunities like this.

Warriors aren't good because KD left and Klay got injured. If KD stays and Klay isn't injured, we'd be Championship favorites.

And I'm not sure how long you think Dynasties last. 5 years is pretty solid and Nets would be pretty happy if the next 5 years turn out like the Warriors run.

The Boston Celtics have not executed an in-season trade for six years when they acquired Isaiah Thomas from the Phoenix Suns. Only the San Antonio Spurs have a longer drought of not doing an in-season trade.

Boston had a run of trades sending out Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in which they clearly won the deal, which may have led them to only seek those level of wins in their discussions with other teams.

"They'll only do something," the West executive said, "if they think they're going to bury you."

The Celtics no longer have a deep queue of future draft picks, which limits their capacity to make a major move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back