Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
The Boston Celtics have not executed an in-season trade for six years when they acquired Isaiah Thomas from the Phoenix Suns. Only the San Antonio Spurs have a longer drought of not doing an in-season trade.

Boston had a run of trades sending out Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce in which they clearly won the deal, which may have led them to only seek those level of wins in their discussions with other teams.

"They'll only do something," the West executive said, "if they think they're going to bury you."

The Celtics no longer have a deep queue of future draft picks, which limits their capacity to make a major move.

This article pointed out some things, although it missed the bigger picture re. missed opportunity.

Marc gasol out of today’s game against western conference powerhouse Suns.
Clearly a psychological tactic from the NBA’s benchmark.

I expect Jared Dudley to start as a small ball 5 and wreak havoc on his former team

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Time Lord >>>> Embiid 😄😄😄

Seriously, the growth and development of his game has been unreal and a real treat to watch.

I read the Celtics/Stevens had been nursing him/playing him limited minutes because of his injury history, which makes sense, but give me more Lob Williams III please.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is there a worse coach in terms of rotations than Thibs?

How can you play Randle 30+ mins before the end of the third quarter lol?

The bloke can barely make it up the court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back