The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 11 Thread. Luka vs Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Boston Celtics have trade interest in Jerami Grant.
Grant is averaging 23.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists in a breakout season with the Detroit Pistons.
Grant signed a three-year, $60 million contract with the Pistons in the offseason.
The Celtics could build a trade package for Grant around their $28.5 million traded player exception.

Good luck with that

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Refs, thought that’d be pretty obvious
Wild lmfao, a few bad decisions cost them a 10 point lead but Donovan reverting back to his 2nd year shot chucking didn't?

Him claiming that he believes they won that game is one of the most delusional things i have heard an athlete say in a while. If Mitchell wasn't a mental midget they win that game despite the refs. Take some ownership.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
They got some rough calls but i am not copping Gobert having another wine when the guy gets away with 73 moving screens per game.

They also melted hard, Mitchell chucked big time late and the double tech for arguing is on him. That game was still totally winnable and they threw it away.
That might be right with the moving screens but that's most big men though that get away with it let's be honest.

If you kindly skip to 1:30 you'll see why they are pissed not saying the 76ers shouldn't have won game was going either way but the officiating needs to be looked at ASAP. Sidenote I'm dreading the new on the mark rule I think the AFL umpiring will try to catch the NBA refereeing softness standard wise.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Did the refs help them give up multiple 10+ point leads?
Embiid is the MVP. That’s the difference between two very even teams. Not the refs.
I'm not saying that mate read my post again.

I think Embiid is having a career best year. My point is how poor the officiating in NBA games is getting thought I clear it up for you because you clearly didn't get my point.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
That might be right with the moving screens but that's most big men though that get away with it let's be honest.

If you kindly skip to 1:30 you'll see why they are pissed not saying the 76ers shouldn't have won game was going either way but the officiating needs to be looked at ASAP. Sidenote I'm dreading the new on the mark rule I think the AFL umpiring will try to catch the NBA refereeing softness standard wise.

1:30 as in the tech? Because refs are soft everyone knows that, do the NBA need to step in? Yep totally agree.

However we all know they are soft, don’t chat s**t to them and they can’t T you up.

I have no problem with the fans thinking the Jazz were hard done by, fans are passionate and aren’t directly involved in the game.

But when Mitchell puts up 33 points on 34 shots and claims it was the refs that lost them the game I lose a little respect for him.

As for the umps I won’t blame them this year, all blame will be on Hocking.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
1:30 as in the tech? Because refs are soft everyone knows that, do the NBA need to step in? Yep totally agree.

However we all know they are soft, don’t chat sh*t to them and they can’t T you up.

I have no problem with the fans thinking the Jazz were hard done by, fans are passionate and aren’t directly involved in the game.

But when Mitchell puts up 33 points on 34 shots and claims it was the refs that lost them the game I lose a little respect for him.

As for the umps I won’t blame them this year, all blame will be on Hocking.
No the foul on Embiid, but still the tech is soft my god montrezl harrell got t'd up for screaming "and one" like wtf seriously.

Nah I believe players should have the right to argue and be allowed to show some emotion without going over the top. Trash talking was a big part of the game back in the Bird days and I loved it you know nothing personal strictly basketball I miss those days.

I agree with that Mitchell shouldn't be blaming the refs for the loss but he was talking raw emotion but he did say that calls didn't go their way but yeah hard to take off attention that the refs lost them that game when it's not true.

There's going to be a petition after round 1 to get it removed.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Several teams have pursued Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie in trade talks, sources said.

The Bulls have registered interest in Drummond, sources said. Cleveland has had some exploratory calls on Drummond, but skepticism remains on whether the team can find a desirable trade. The center is owed $28.7 million this season.

Cleveland has also been open to discussing forwards Cedi Osman and Taurean Prince and center JaVale McGee in the right deal, sources said.

The Rockets have a veteran player who has the intrigue of many of the league’s contenders: Forward PJ Tucker. The Nets, Bucks, Heat, Nuggets and Lakers are expressing interest in Tucker, sources said.

Sources tell me and The Athletic’s James Edwards III that the Pistons are expected to work toward a contract buyout with forward Blake Griffin, and sharpshooter Wayne Ellington is expected to receive interest from contending teams

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
The Boston Celtics have trade interest in Jerami Grant.
Grant is averaging 23.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists in a breakout season with the Detroit Pistons.
Grant signed a three-year, $60 million contract with the Pistons in the offseason.
The Celtics could build a trade package for Grant around their $28.5 million traded player exception.

Good luck with that

So Tatum or Brown? in there or multiple firsts?

Or they take on Blakes deal

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
The Spurs are listening to inquiries on LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMar DeRozan, Rudy Gay, Trey Lyles and Patty Mills, per @ShamsCharania .
In other news, Stewie is listening to enquiries from Scarlett Johannsen

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Match up very well on nets and lakers in theory ...

New shaq. Embiid.

Goat defender. Ben.

Thybulle. Green. Elite wings defensively
If Brooklyn can get a decent big man in a trade or buyouts then it’s all over. Embiid would need to score 50 for Philly to have any chance, and I don’t think his body would hold up at all lol

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
If Brooklyn can get a decent big man in a trade or buyouts then it’s all over. Embiid would need to score 50 for Philly to have any chance, and I don’t think his body would hold up at all lol
Well that leaves Flake or Drummond

And Joel has routinely lit up Dre

Stephen Curry and Draymond Green will skip the final first half game with the Golden State Warriors when they play the Phoenix Suns.

Curry is scheduled to play in Sunday's All-Star Game in Atlanta. Curry has missed one previous game this season.

The Warriors also played on Wednesday evening, losing to the Portland Trial Blazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back