The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 12 Thread. Move over lob city, we have plob city!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Lakers a sneaky chance at Whiteside. Nice redemption arc similar to Dwight if he crosses to the light , defends the rim and wins a chip. Wouldn’t hate it.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Apparently the Lakers (somehow) can afford to sign Andre Drummond once he is bought out, but the Celtics cannot, even with that space we got from the Hayward departure.

Kinda pissed about that (more at Ainge than anyone else really)
Good he’s a stat padder and an awful fit in Boston.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
They're saying it's likely to be a trade, but I dunno who's trading for him at this point.

Boston obviously could, but not really sure he'd cure what ails them.

Maybe Miami if they want to give ol' Meyers the jackboot.
Insert hed fit in well joke

Wait pop ain't taking that

Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
LeMarcus Aldridge is available after parting ways with the Spurs

Tim McMahon reports coach popovich said "We’ve mutually agreed for him to work on some opportunities elsewhere"

I like LMA, and really enjoyed having him at the Spurs, but this is the correct decision for the team and player.
I was always hopeful that he could have lead the aging team to another title in 2016, especially after the team won 67 games. Couldn't get it together in the playoffs though, and probably wouldn't have beaten the Warriors anyway in the conf finals.

Best of luck LMA, i hope you get a ring.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Just has to protect the rim and dunk. Bron will set him straight. He is pretty good at blocking shots, career average beyond 2 per game and very good per at 24. Not highly desirable but could make it work.
He does block shots

He does not protect anything tho

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
How did he make any of those guys better?

They were just mediocre players playing on good teams.
They all played in the finals, held significant roles, mostly as starters and went on to achieve...nothing. Thompson went from one of the best offensive rebounders in the league because of the space provided by collapsing defenders to relatively unplayable after 2016.

Bron made them good teams. Just like Kobe, Michael, Magic and Bird before him.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
They all played in the finals, held significant roles, mostly as starters and went on to achieve...nothing. Thompson went from one of the best offensive rebounders in the league because of the space provided by collapsing defenders to relatively unplayable after 2016.

Bron made them good teams. Just like Kobe, Michael, Magic and Bird before him.
Any s**t players can be dragged along by all stars.

Tristan Thompson was playing starter minutes until last year. Varejao got better after LeBron left. Chris Anderson was better in Denver.

Whiteside isn't going to just start protecting the rim because LeBron made him do so.

I am gonna say this is non negotiable. The rosters the Cavs put around Lebron had in his first Cavs stint were terrible. When your next best guys are Mo Williams, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Illgauskas and basically injured washed up vets I now find a lot more respect that Lebron basically said F this, I am taking control of my career. And he did, maybe he sacked a coach or 2. But he still went back to the Cavs anyway.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Any sh*t players can be dragged along by all stars.

Tristan Thompson was playing starter minutes until last year. Varejao got better after LeBron left. Chris Anderson was better in Denver.

Whiteside isn't going to just start protecting the rim because LeBron made him do so.
I'm sorry my very good friend. I'll maybe give you Anderson. The list of players Bron has made better is huge. That's why he is in the Rushmore conversation and a 4 time champion and made 8 consecutive finals...

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm sorry my very good friend. I'll maybe give you Anderson. The list of players Bron has made better is huge. That's why he is in the Rushmore conversation and a 4 time champion and made 8 consecutive finals...
You’re going off on a completely different tangent to the point made about Whiteside being a useless rim protector

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
You’re going off on a completely different tangent to the point made about Whiteside being a useless rim protector
Not at all. Bron can influence Whiteside to be a contributer to the success of the team as he has for dozens of players historically. That means influencing Hassan to rim protect, rebound, rim run and win a chip or sign another money deal and watch the playoffs on League Pass again.

Having said that, we will recruit a big to fill this role, Whiteside, Drummond, McGee (round about option)...

One year ago exactly the NBA was shut down by Dan Andrews David Stern Adam Silver due to the Rona virus. Let's all celebrate by touching a microphone head

1615509756884.jpeg

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Insert hed fit in well joke

Wait pop ain't taking that

Haha I don't think he wants that either, Leonard's out for the season anyway, purely trade ballast. The Heat have a $7.5 mil trade exception themselves, so it's theoretically possible. Can't really think of many trade destinations for LMA at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back