Live Event The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 13 Thread: I'm back (ESPN Foxtel, Kayo, SBS Viceland)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly you cant blame Philly for not wanting Fox he is not much of a threat from outside 15feet and chooses when he plays defense

He almost blew the game for the Kings against The Lakers a couple of nights ago.

Bill Simmons on his latest podcast says Fox makes costly and dumb decisions late in games (this was before the Lakers game)

He almost blew the game for the Kings against The Lakers a couple of nights ago.

Bill Simmons on his latest podcast says Fox makes costly and dumb decisions late in games (this was before the Lakers game)
He is fun to watch and i like him, but eh i am not sure about a poor shooter from distance, average defence, questionable decision maker on a big deal.

Think he benefits from playing for the Kings, would be roasted if he was on some of the bigger markets.

Honestly you cant blame Philly for not wanting Fox he is not much of a threat from outside 15feet and chooses when he plays defense

Agreed, and moreover you don't really want a driving, Westbrook (not necessarily pejorative) style guard playing with Embiid anyway.

Embiid can hit the open jumper, but like Valanciunas for us that's not really where you want him playing for 90% of the game.

Devonte Graham is not a world-beater, but he's more the type that Philly would be after - volume three point shooter who is solid enough on D. As it is Maxey is doing a very respectable job, and Seth Curry really seems to be thriving being utilised on-ball more in recent weeks too.

The Sixers would probably still want to bring in a guard, but having Maxey/Curry working well gives Morey flexibility in the types of packages he can feasibly attain for Simmons. They don't HAVE to try and bring in a 'star' guard, even if you charitably stretch your definition of a star to McCollum or Fox.

Seen this story from the Hawks so many times this season from Boston.

These are the worst/most frustrating type of losses, honestly prefer to be blown out by 20 point plus than watching my team blow a big lead and leading for most of the game.

Hawks need reinforcements that trade with the Knicks was awful (but to be fair, they were going to lose Reddish as a F/A at the end of the season anyway)

He is fun to watch and i like him, but eh i am not sure about a poor shooter from distance, average defence, questionable decision maker on a big deal.

Think he benefits from playing for the Kings, would be roasted if he was on some of the bigger markets.

Think he does need a fresh start away from. Sac-Town, to a club with a good culture and coaching.

Think he would be good coming off as a Sixth Man for a team like The Bucks or even The Cavs

Kings probably need to blow it up and start another rebuild anyway (unfortunately)

Think he does need a fresh start away from. Sac-Town, to a club with a good culture and coaching.

Think he would be good coming off as a Sixth Man for a team like The Bucks or even The Cavs

Kings probably need to blow it up and start another rebuild anyway (unfortunately)
Problem is he is an over qualified 6 man on way too big of a contract for that role.

Agreed, and moreover you don't really want a driving, Westbrook (not necessarily pejorative) style guard playing with Embiid anyway.

Embiid can hit the open jumper, but like Valanciunas for us that's not really where you want him playing for 90% of the game.

Devonte Graham is not a world-beater, but he's more the type that Philly would be after - volume three point shooter who is solid enough on D. As it is Maxey is doing a very respectable job, and Seth Curry really seems to be thriving being utilised on-ball more in recent weeks too.

The Sixers would probably still want to bring in a guard, but having Maxey/Curry working well gives Morey flexibility in the types of packages he can feasibly attain for Simmons. They don't HAVE to try and bring in a 'star' guard, even if you charitably stretch your definition of a star to McCollum or Fox.

Morey is lucky in that Philly are going along okay (not great, but enough to be a top 4 seed in the East) that he probably doesn't have to trade Simmons until the end of the season

Hard to see him being traded before the trade deadline, unfortunately I can see Brad Stevens being stupid enough to trade Jaylen Brown for Ben at some point fml.

Once every 5 games Markkanen will explode to the rim and dunk easily over a 7 footer and you wonder why he cant do it against smaller players every game

Think that is a big reason Chicago let him go.. I feel like he has a look like Tarzan, plays like Jane type of player

Probably the only semi- bad move Koby Altman has made in recent years, definitely has to be in the top 3 running for GM/Executive of The Year.

I dunno whether what he needs is better franchise so much as what he needs is a better roster fit.

He really needs to be playing on a team with 3-out or ideally 4-out. Like Simmons himself ironically, albeit for different reasons.

As others have said, Fox isn't a shooter, is only a so-so distributor, and isn't great on defence. So unless he's averaging 25 ppg efficiently, he's not going to be giving anywhere near value for contract. And the only way for him to average 25 efficiently is to surround him with shooters.

Morey is lucky in that Philly are going along okay (not great, but enough to be a top 4 seed in the East) that he probably doesn't have to trade Simmons until the end of the season

Hard to see him being traded before the trade deadline, unfortunately I can see Brad Stevens being stupid enough to trade Jaylen Brown for Ben at some point fml.

As I said before, I don't think Philly need to target guards. It's their forward/wing rotation that probably could do with an upgrade.

Harris/Tybulle/Korkmaz/Green isn't terrible, but I think you could make a fair argument that that's the weakest area of their roster.

And if you think about it, Simmons is really a forward for all intents and purposes, only he passes like a point guard and shoots like Mark Eaton. If you treat Simmons as a forward, then Philly are committing about $85 million, or over 60% of their cap, on a corps of forwards that constitute their weakest position at present.

I'd be surprised if they packaged Simmons and Harris in one deal, if only because that's $67 mil worth of salary, which is a tough number to match in a single trade. But if they moved both separately, I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted a good forward/wing and a steady guard, rather than focusing on All-star guards to replace a guy who is an All-star, but only nominally a guard.

In which case, someone like Jaylen Brown would be quite appealing to them. I don't think it'll happen, but that's what they may be looking for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno whether what he needs is better franchise so much as what he needs is a better roster fit.

He really needs to be playing on a team with 3-out or ideally 4-out. Like Simmons himself ironically, albeit for different reasons.

As others have said, Fox isn't a shooter, is only a so-so distributor, and isn't great on defence. So unless he's averaging 25 ppg efficiently, he's not going to be giving anywhere near value for contract. And the only way for him to average 25 efficiently is to surround him with shooters.

As I said before, I don't think Philly need to target guards. It's their forward/wing rotation that probably could do with an upgrade.

Harris/Tybulle/Korkmaz/Green isn't terrible, but I think you could make a fair argument that that's the weakest area of their roster.

And if you think about it, Simmons is really a forward for all intents and purposes, only he passes like a point guard and shoots like Mark Eaton. If you treat Simmons as a forward, then Philly are committing about $85 million, or over 60% of their cap, on a corps of forwards that constitute their weakest position at present.

I'd be surprised if they packaged Simmons and Harris in one deal, if only because that's $67 mil worth of salary, which is a tough number to match in a single trade. But if they moved both separately, I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted a good forward/wing and a steady guard, rather than focusing on All-star guards to replace a guy who is an All-star, but only nominally a guard.

In which case, someone like Jaylen Brown would be quite appealing to them. I don't think it'll happen, but that's what they may be looking for.
I wonder if they’d ask the question on Harrison Barnes

I wonder if they’d ask the question on Harrison Barnes

If they could get Haliburton and Barnes I'd do it in a heartbeat from Morey's perspective.

The Kings would be bloody stupid to trade Haliburton though, should be the one untouchable on their roster.

peternorth has been begging me for a schedule update on his beloved Lakers, and I've looked into the numbers because I'm nice like that.

The Lakers currently have a 3-10 record against the top 10 teams in the league, and haven't beaten any of them since a home win over Cleveland in October.

In their final 36 regular season games, 27 will be played against teams hovering around .500 or higher.

Of the nine remaining games against teams well under .500 - the bottom 10 teams - six are against teams (Blazers, Hawks, Pels) seemingly not tanking yet.

In other words, just three of their final 36 games are against the bottom feeders.

Additionally, 24 of their final 40 games will be played away from Crypto (lol) - that is to say, their remaining schedule is 60% on the road.

peternorth - cursed franchise?

Hardest schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back