Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 14 thread. End of the Lakers chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
It's funny talking MVP.

Before Embiid went down it was a race between him and LeBron apparently. LBJ has been talked about as the MVP all season, it's the media narrative, like they want it for him. Then when Embiid went down, he was again a clear MVP front runner for all the media. I honestly dont get it though.

For me he's having a pretty standard LBJ year. 25, 8 and 8. His Lakers are 3rd in the West with a 28-14 record.

Yet Jokic has Denver close to a very similar record at 25-16 and doesnt have another top 5 player on his team like Lebron does with Anthony Davis. Yet the Joker is averaging 27ppg, 11.2rpg and 8.6apg. He averages more in every category that LeBron and he does it ridiculously efficiently.

Then you also have James Harden who has the Nets 2nd in the East with a 28-14 record, same as the Lakers and they are 15-1 through their last 16 games. Harden is putting up ridiculous numbers too at 25.4ppg, 8.9rpg and 11.4apg.

Then everybody is just ignoring Giannis. Apparently cos his team has failed in the playoffs that somehow counts him out of MVP discussions? Yet the MVP has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's a regular season award. Giannis has the Bucks 3rd in the East with a 27-14 record and is doing more ridiculous Giannis things. 29ppg, 11.7rpg, 6.4apg whilst playing elite defence and averaging 1.2spg and 1.3bpg.

Then if you look at advanced stats Lebron is down in 11th for PER. He's above Harden who is 13th in the league. But the top three in PER in the league. Jokic is 1st, Embiid is 2nd and Giannis is 3rd.

True shooting %? Embiid 12th, Jokic 15th, Giannis 27th, Harden 29th, Lebron... 54th.

Offensive win shares? Jokic 1st, Harden 4th, Giannis 5th, Embiid 7th, Lebron... 22nd.

Defensive win shares? LeBron is actually 2nd which is great but Jokic, Embiid and Giannis are all in the top 6 as well.

Box plus minus? Lebron is 5th. Harden is in 8th. Top three though, you guessed it. Jokic 1st, Giannis 2nd, Embiid 3rd.

For me there is a clear MVP right now and it's not LeBron James. It's Nikola Jokic. Embiid was right there as well until the injury.

But for me its...

1st - Jokic
2nd - Embiid
3rd - Giannis
4th - Harden

Then there is drop off to a group of secondary guys in the MVP conversation and that includes LeBron, Steph, Lillard and Doncic.

But the narrative for LeBron you feel is gonna get him the trophy.

I don't think anyone has doubted the Jokers game. It was just whether his team wins enough. Denver currently has the 8th best record in the league.

Other than Westbrook, I can't remember a team finishing that low with the MVP.

Westbrook had to smash record to win it as well. He also had the storyline with Durant leaving.

And most people, with hindsight, admit Harden should have won it that year.

It's funny talking MVP.

Before Embiid went down it was a race between him and LeBron apparently. LBJ has been talked about as the MVP all season, it's the media narrative, like they want it for him. Then when Embiid went down, he was again a clear MVP front runner for all the media. I honestly dont get it though.

For me he's having a pretty standard LBJ year. 25, 8 and 8. His Lakers are 3rd in the West with a 28-14 record.

Yet Jokic has Denver close to a very similar record at 25-16 and doesnt have another top 5 player on his team like Lebron does with Anthony Davis. Yet the Joker is averaging 27ppg, 11.2rpg and 8.6apg. He averages more in every category that LeBron and he does it ridiculously efficiently.

Then you also have James Harden who has the Nets 2nd in the East with a 28-14 record, same as the Lakers and they are 15-1 through their last 16 games. Harden is putting up ridiculous numbers too at 25.4ppg, 8.9rpg and 11.4apg.

Then everybody is just ignoring Giannis. Apparently cos his team has failed in the playoffs that somehow counts him out of MVP discussions? Yet the MVP has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's a regular season award. Giannis has the Bucks 3rd in the East with a 27-14 record and is doing more ridiculous Giannis things. 29ppg, 11.7rpg, 6.4apg whilst playing elite defence and averaging 1.2spg and 1.3bpg.

Then if you look at advanced stats Lebron is down in 11th for PER. He's above Harden who is 13th in the league. But the top three in PER in the league. Jokic is 1st, Embiid is 2nd and Giannis is 3rd.

True shooting %? Embiid 12th, Jokic 15th, Giannis 27th, Harden 29th, Lebron... 54th.

Offensive win shares? Jokic 1st, Harden 4th, Giannis 5th, Embiid 7th, Lebron... 22nd.

Defensive win shares? LeBron is actually 2nd which is great but Jokic, Embiid and Giannis are all in the top 6 as well.

Box plus minus? Lebron is 5th. Harden is in 8th. Top three though, you guessed it. Jokic 1st, Giannis 2nd, Embiid 3rd.

For me there is a clear MVP right now and it's not LeBron James. It's Nikola Jokic. Embiid was right there as well until the injury.

But for me its...

1st - Jokic
2nd - Embiid
3rd - Giannis
4th - Harden

Then there is drop off to a group of secondary guys in the MVP conversation and that includes LeBron, Steph, Lillard and Doncic.

But the narrative for LeBron you feel is gonna get him the trophy.
I believe Lillard is being looked at a fair bit for the MVP this season what he has achieved in portland by himself in the stacked western conference is remarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back