Live Event The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 16 - Hand strains

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Hornacek sad

image.jpg
Morris twins broke him

The Cavs are emerging as a legitimate contender in the East, and they are bloody good to watch. Great to see that they have finally implemented a system where everyone contributes.

Garland is my favorite player in the NBA outside of Phoenix right now.
Not sure I'd call them a contender, maybe make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs but, they're not beating a healthy Nets, Bucks, Heat, or Philly in a 7 games series.

Not to take anything away from them because they are definitely the most surprising team in the league and correct fun to watch!

Not sure I'd call them a contender, maybe make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs but, they're not beating a healthy Nets, Bucks, Heat, or Philly in a 7 games series.

Not to take anything away from them because they are definitely the most surprising team in the league and correct fun to watch!
Cavs have given us some issues with their size so far this year. I'm sure over 7 games Spo would figure it out but I'd rather play a different 5-8 team.

why not philly? We beat them 3 times last season and we sucked back then

Solid win by the Cavs. A lot of things the Bucks did wrong, 19 turnovers is ridiculous and allowing 42% from 3, oof. Full credit to the Cavs though.

Bucks with the hardest remaining schedule in the NBA, so I can see us dropping down to the 4-5 slot if we not careful. Desperately need Brook back but I don't think that's happening anytime soon, why the hell did we move on Cousins...

43 and 12 boards from Booker. Likeable.

Takes the most 40+ games crown from A’mare who is now not better than Dirk.

Last edited:
Yeah I think The Suns will come out of the West again, the East is wide open (Cavs would be an incredible story if they won the East but probably too young and playoff inexperienced)

Incredibly I think Boston can win the East IF (and its a big IF) the Jays can maintain their stunning form (esp Kobe Jnr Tatum) and no more inexplicable fourth quarter collapses and no more losses to lottery or injury riddled fodder like The Knicks or Blazers

Bucks still favourites for the East despite their loss today, if Morey can somehow trade Simmons for a high scoring play maker (not necessarily Harden) before the Deadline, reckon Philly comes out of the East

Not sold on Miami or Chicago, I feel like they can be exploited defensively.

Yeah I think The Suns will come out of the West again, the East is wide open (Cavs would be an incredible story if they won the East but probably too young and playoff inexperienced)

Incredibly I think Boston can win the East IF (and its a big IF) the Jays can maintain their stunning form (esp Kobe Jnr Tatum) and no more inexplicable fourth quarter collapses and no more losses to lottery or injury riddled fodder like The Knicks or Blazers

Bucks still favourites for the East despite their loss today, if Morey can somehow trade Simmons for a high scoring play maker (not necessarily Harden) before the Deadline, reckon Philly comes out of the East

Last warning. Mention that name in the same breath as a hall of famer and its an automatic ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same goes for anything kobe related.

Can't Believe it was two years since we lost Kobe and Gigi.

Still hard to believe he is gone.
Never truly appreciated Mamba's greatness until he taken from us, but definitely there was a very strong respect from Celtic Nation for Kobe (IE Bill Russell)

I honestly meant no disrespect with the Tatum comparison, JT did train with Kobe even when drafted by the Celtics and was somewhat of a mentor to him, hence why many Celtics fans hope he will be another legend like Mamba, but you are right though, there will never be another Kobe.

I actually turn 42 tomorrow and it's really sobering and tragic Kobe was younger than me now when he passed.

Hope the Lakers win their next few games in Mamba and Gigi's memory

As we get reminded 5 times a game when the Suns are on ESPN/TNT, Kobe chose Booker to be his replacement. May have even mentioned the words 'Be Legendary' to him at some point, which Book may have written on his shoe. Maybe.

I see no way the Celtics can win the East, the Jays have been good as you say. Yet they have a barely .500 record

They lack depth, good coaching, an actual point guard that can run the offence and if it comes down to just who has the best player in the series which can happen sometimes, they would be worse off against the Bucks, Sixers, Nets and you could make a case the Bulls as well.

The Celts are just not a good basketball team as currently constructed.

Can't Believe it was two years since we lost Kobe and Gigi.

Still hard to believe he is gone.
Never truly appreciated Mamba's greatness until he taken from us, but definitely there was a very strong respect from Celtic Nation for Kobe (IE Bill Russell)

I honestly meant no disrespect with the Tatum comparison, JT did train with Kobe even when drafted by the Celtics and was somewhat of a mentor to him, hence why many Celtics fans hope he will be another legend like Mamba, but you are right though, there will never be another Kobe.

I actually turn 42 tomorrow and it's really sobering and tragic Kobe was younger than me now when he passed.

Hope the Lakers win their next few games in Mamba and Gigi's memory
Are you inviting us all around for birthday beers?

I see no way the Celtics can win the East, the Jays have been good as you say. Yet they have a barely .500 record

They lack depth, good coaching, an actual point guard that can run the offence and if it comes down to just who has the best player in the series which can happen sometimes, they would be worse off against the Bucks, Sixers, Nets and you could make a case the Bulls as well.

The Celts are just not a good basketball team as currently constructed.

Bulls? Yeah nah. They will be out in the first round. The East's so open this year and the schedule does open up for us in terms of difficulty after the All StarBreak.

We can still nab home court advantage (least a top 4 seed) in the East if everything goes alright..

Not saying it will happen, but feasibly it could happen. If we can somehow get more production from our bench, esp if Nesmith and PP get more minutes, I am confident we will see a much better Celtics in the 2nd half.

The fact most of our losses this season have been under a margin of 10 points or less suggests we are not as far away as you think.

Bulls? Yeah nah. They will be out in the first round. The East's so open this year and the schedule does open up for us in terms of difficulty after the All StarBreak.

We can still nab home court advantage (least a top 4 seed) in the East if everything goes alright..

Not saying it will happen, but feasibly it could happen. If we can somehow get more production from our bench, esp if Nesmith and PP get more minutes, I am confident we will see a much better Celtics in the 2nd half.

The fact most of our losses this season have been under a margin of 10 points or less suggests we are not as far away as you think.
I mean you were a pretty bad team and had a lot of the same issues you have this year, why are those issues going to go away in the 2nd half of the season.

You seem to think the Celtics are better than the record suggests, but the past 18 months show they are exactly what they have shown so far. A bad team with two borderline superstars. Also a good chance you get worse in the second half of the season if you deal Dennis to try and get under the tax.

The Celtics entire win condition is Tatum and Brown hero mode. That will not work come play offs. Also if the Bulls get the Celtics in round 1 they will definitely not be out in the first round.

I struggle to see how you seem to rate the Celtics roster but not the Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back