Live Event The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 16 - Hand strains

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morey šŸ¤ Harden. Sign me the fu** up.

Simmons + picks. Maybe Seth. Maxey is untouchable. Including him would be borderline malpractice, but that's why you have Morey as your GM and not the Trailblazers' interns.
'Morey should take Hield, Barnes and picks'

'Morey should take Smart, Nesmith and a pick'

'Morey is letting his ego get in the way'

'Morey is delusional'

LMFAO if this happens

This is bordering on negligent by the Blazers. Covington in particular would have had plenty of suitors and this is all they came up with? Vale Dame

I can see Portland's angle.

Powell - poor advanced stats this season. Gets paid a lot. Wasn't helping them win
Covington - Going into free agency. They cannot afford to keep him. He's gone anyway and they don't care to keep him for the rest of this season

Bled - Next season isn't fully guarenteed. He's the expiring contract that's helping them clear the books
Johnson - Young prospect on a rookie deal
Winslow - 1 more season at 4 million. Good defender. Replaces Covington.

That's not too bad, depending on how you rate Powell.

Powell - poor advanced stats this season. Gets paid a lot. Wasn't helping them win
Covington - Going into free agency. They cannot afford to keep him. He's gone anyway and they don't care to keep him for the rest of this season

Bled - Next season isn't fully guarenteed. He's the expiring contract that's helping them clear the books

Powell and Convington are both positive assets and solid NBA players

They got back trash, a largely untried rookie and whatever you want to call Winslow.

They are now a worse team and the only way this makes any sense is if they are

A) blowing it up (they should)

B) They sign someone in the off season (they won't)

Powell and Convington are both positive assets and solid NBA players

They got back trash, a largely untried rookie and whatever you want to call Winslow.

They are now a worse team and the only way this makes any sense is if they are

A) blowing it up (they should)

B) They sign someone in the off season (they won't)

I don't think that Powell is a positive asset with 4 years and 74 million left on his contract.

This season, the Blazers are 7.9 points per 100 possessions better with him on the bench compared to on the court. For his career teams are 3.6 points better if he's on the bench. His offensive game is nice but he can't play D. That's fine but not at 18 million per year.

You can correct me if I'm wrong but Covington was unlikely to stay in Portland, so they're giving him up early.

Also, Bledsoe only has 3.9 million guaranteed next season. It's a salary dump to a degree. It looks bad but they could aruge they got rid of a bad contract and got back a recent first-round pick.

Are we really that desperate for trade news that a trade where Norman Powell is the best player has people riled up?

I don't think that Powell is a positive asset with 4 years and 74 million left on his contract.

This season, the Blazers are 7.9 points per 100 possessions better with him on the bench compared to on the court. For his career teams are 3.6 points better if he's on the bench. His offensive game is nice but he can't play D. That's fine but not at 18 million per year.

You can correct me if I'm wrong but Covington was unlikely to stay in Portland, so they're giving him up early.

Also, Bledsoe only has 3.9 million guaranteed next season. It's a salary dump to a degree. It looks bad but they could aruge they got rid of a bad contract and got back a recent first-round pick.
I mean for very similar amounts of money you get players like Bogdanovic, Fournier, Harris, Hardaway Jr, Smart, Gordon, Bledsoe, Markkanen etc.

It is the going price for a guy like him.

A guy putting up 18 points on 45/40/80 splits is valuable to any team trying to contend. Part of his off/off number issues is the environment he is in.

CJ, Dame, is probably not a great pairing for him but in the right scenario (the Clips for sure) he will be a valuable asset.

Look at this way they traded Gary trent jr who is playing amazing basketball for Powell who they just gave away. They gave up Roco who they gave up 2 firsts for for nothing.

If they are not blowing this up it is just an awful trade because cap space is not going to help Portland.

Given they gave up Gary Trent Jnr for Powell initially, itā€™s a disaster.

I donā€™t have an issue with the moving of Covington but Portland would have had a few teams asking the question, which is why I canā€™t like the return being so poor.

You can only assume itā€™s a fact Lillard is gone so they are shedding salary. Sad end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but for all his talent he has always been a different cat as well
That's true.

But even he would have a line for this Kyrie stuff though. If it continues and Harden leaves I don't see KD sticking around not when he is still considered "the man" on a title-contending team.

Watching them try to fix the backboard in Dallas is more enjoyable than watching the Nets get pummelled.
44 minutes to rectify the issue. What a time to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back