Official Club Stuff The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 18 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Horford copped an absolute shocker in the first quarter when he displayed excellent defensive skills, and then batted the ball away from an Embiid shot. For some reason the refs decided Embiid was fouled and sent him to the line. Horford went off his nut and copped a tech. No complaints from Embiid about that one. I thought it ironic Horford fouled Embiid late in the game and no call.

Yep that was one I thought of straight away, shocking call

I did my Achilles 15 years ago. Completely snapped it, heard the bang, went down, felt the pain. Bloody painful but after surgery and months of rehab, you should be fine. Assuming you have a competent orthopaedic surgeon, t’s not the kind of injury that should ever bother you again.
There’s fine and there’s getting back to your prime at an elite sporting level. This is a conclusion from a recent study.

An Achilles tendon rupture is a devastating injury that prevents RTP for 30.6% of professional players. Athletes who do return play in fewer games, have less play time, and perform at a lower level than their preinjury status.

There’s fine and there’s getting back to your prime at an elite sporting level. This is a conclusion from a recent study.

An Achilles tendon rupture is a devastating injury that prevents RTP for 30.6% of professional players. Athletes who do return play in fewer games, have less play time, and perform at a lower level than their preinjury status.

The age breakdowns of the athletes when they suffered the injury would be an interesting comparison

The major cases that we all recall are Kobe, Wes and the like, so late career.

Boogie suffered his relatively early in comparison.

Anyone see this the other day? Some lol worthy responses...

McClueless knows as much about NBA as the AFL...

Last edited:
Anyone see this the other day? Some lol worthy responses...

McClueless knows as much about NBA as the AFL...

WelcomeLeadingEyra-size_restricted.gif

Harden hasn't raped anyone, so i say he will be talked about in much higher regards...

Going off McClure's knowledge on the subject, I doubt he'd know of Kobe's alleged extra curricular activities....

Going to be interesting how he gets used, Monte Morris has been awesome for them so wouldn't want to lose too many minutes.
Coming back from that length of time out he'll probably only get 10 minutes if that but keen to see him thrive in denver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never understood the whole "posterising" phenomenon. I always kinda liked my team mates playing defence instead of worrying about how they looked.

If I was a coach I would keep a posterised poster scoreboard for the players. I would try to encourage competition between them 'win' the most posterised player for the season. Mind games to turn a negative into a positive. Then there be more praise for great rim protection work to beef up their egos (some more).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back