Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
I think anyone would be scared of OKC, could be like Denver and wouldn't be as pesky over a whole series but seem like a team that while not as good as their opposition are so consistent and well drilled they will beat teams if they're below their best.

The West as of now would have some awesome matchups. Dallas could definitely upset Denver, Utah and Clippers could easily go the distance. Also every chance Peli's grab 8th which would create another epic series.

I was more just focusing on the hype with CP and Russ playing against their former teams.

Of course rockets would win I think in 6 I can see okc getting a couple of wins though.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Brilliant insight.

How will the Bucks go without Giannis?
Rox without Harden?
Clips without Kawai?

This is exactly why the Celtics should be considered a danger/threat in the playoffs.. Usually when one of their three stars is out injured (lately Kemba), there is usually someone else to step up to the plate. Tatum's last 6 weeks have been outstanding, and Hayward has shown glimpses of his Jazz All Star Form.

Once/When The Bucks snatch the no 1 seed in the East and probably NBA, they really need start thinking of resting/sitting out Giannis as load management before the playoffs..

Boston or Raptors do have enough quality defenders and wing players to beat the Bucks in a 7 game series in the East.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is exactly why the Celtics should be considered a danger/threat in the playoffs.. Usually when one of their three stars is out injured (lately Kemba), there is usually someone else to step up to the plate. Tatum's last 6 weeks have been outstanding, and Hayward has shown glimpses of his Jazz All Star Form.

Once/When The Bucks snatch the no 1 seed in the East and probably NBA, they really need start thinking of resting/sitting out Giannis as load management before the playoffs..

Boston or Raptors do have enough quality defenders and wing players to beat the Bucks in a 7 game series in the East.

You and Memphis_ underestimate Caruso

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Exactly my point.

Because they're fighting for home court not so much GA of course but they have something to play for. What's steph got to play for?

Not weak at all philly didn't want ben simmions playing for AUS in the olympics made him pull out too. But he was healthy though..

At the end of the day players are just assests to them and it's sad to say.

Bucks Thunder today.

Harden said theres no skill in Giannis game

Surprised he bit back. Wonder if that is a bit of the Russ influence who was probably saying * that guy. I would have left it but then again Giannis has thrown multiple verbal and physical unprovoked shots.

The media with the talking heads is funny. You have some saying he should have done it and then others having digs at him for it, yet the same people did not have a problem with the Freaks comments.. funny how many NBA media types are paid as 'experts' yet can't get past their dislike of a guy or just miss basic facts, one for example while having a go at Harden claimed he was in that 3-1 OKC team ffs.

Surprised he bit back. Wonder if that is a bit of the Russ influence who was probably saying fu** that guy. I would have left it but then again Giannis has thrown multiple verbal and physical unprovoked shots.

The media with the talking heads is funny. You have some saying he should have done it and then others having digs at him for it, yet the same people did not have a problem with the Freaks comments.. funny how many NBA media types are paid as 'experts' yet can't get past their dislike of a guy or just miss basic facts, one for example while having a go at Harden claimed he was in that 3-1 OKC team ffs.

Unfortunately we live in a world where media want clicks/bites. The more it happens, the more one thinks its all an act. Like wrestling.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
The problem of having two centres earning $56m 🤷‍♂️

Who was the last all star centre to win a chip?

Raps had Gasol. The Warriors won 3 with centres on the minimum. Cavs won with TT. Spurs were starting Diaw and Splitter. Heat were starting Haslem.

1 max centre is questionable. 2 is plain dumb.

when was the last player to play bass in a lynyrd skynyrd cover band to win a chip? cause that has about as much relevance to asking if embiid, a player whose skillset hasn't existed in the league for like 20 years, should be moved aside.

maybe a better, smarter question is to ask why the sixers have yet to build a team around their two best players, which if done so correctly would (surprise surprise) actually help them both and not one or the other.

al horford isn't earning the max.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Brett Brown is a great coach and the away record is nothing to worry about. You do realize that we wont have home court advantage in the first round right? Our away record is 9-21. But hey nothing to worry about as the regular season means nothing....

things to worry about:
pending end of the world
bears
the math literacy of children
holly, the chick at work who just got back from korea
josh harris

things to not worry about:
if the sixers should be sitting ben simmons in fourth quarters
whether or not the sixers will get rolled in the first round of the playoffs.

Russ is killing it at the moment.

Haters (including myself) are being quiet.

I was a huge Russ hater. I guess everyone respected he had some crazy skill and ability competitiveness to rival anyone but was just too much of the bad dumb s**t. Always think bad Russ shooting bad threes is always just round the corner but happy he seems to be willing to change for the team. Don't think we'll get rid of dumb tech foul, chirping with scrubs Russ though.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
when was the last player to play bass in a lynyrd skynyrd cover band to win a chip? cause that has about as much relevance to asking if embiid, a player whose skillset hasn't existed in the league for like 20 years, should be moved aside.

maybe a better, smarter question is to ask why the sixers have yet to build a team around their two best players, which if done so correctly would (surprise surprise) actually help them both and not one or the other.

al horford isn't earning the max.

Al Horford is earning $28m - close enough to Max.

I am not arguing you cannot win a chip with an all star centre notwithstanding Shaq might have been the last one to do it.

I am arguing it is insanely stupid to have two allstar centres.

Houston don’t even have a centre at all.

We are more than half way through the season and the 76er’s are 5th in the east and going nowhere soon. Some will argue injuries. I will argue they are spending cap in the wrong areas.

They have an all star centre and they have Simmons. Both of them need shooting around them to be their best. And the 76er’s spent $28m on Horford.

It is plain dumb.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Al Horford is earning $28m - close enough to Max.

I am not arguing you cannot win a chip with an all star centre notwithstanding Shaq might have been the last one to do it.

I am arguing it is insanely stupid to have two allstar centres.

Houston don’t even have a centre at all.

We are more than half way through the season and the 76er’s are 5th in the east and going nowhere soon. Some will argue injuries. I will argue they are spending cap in the wrong areas.

They have an all star centre and they have Simmons. Both of them need shooting around them to be their best. And the 76er’s spent $28m on Horford.

It is plain dumb.

i don't think anyone at this point is arguing whether or not bringing in horford was the right move. it clearly wasn't

trading embiid, is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back