Live Event The official Bigfooty NBA Week 2 thread (Rivalry Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon youre on the money.

Full college education is so important too.

Just looking back at some of those early 2000s HS classes now, it's interesting to see who made it in the NBA, and who was basically unheard of after college.

As an avid reader of SLAM Magazine from 2001-2006, there was so much hype for so many HS and college players in those pages, many of whom didn't pan out as pros.

100% reckon I could contribute a similar amount to KCP at this point. Sits on the bench of a championship contending roster.. comes on.. runs up and down the court for 20 minutes doing s**t all.. earns millions. The guy is living the dream.

100% reckon I could contribute a similar amount to KCP at this point. Sits on the bench of a championship contending roster.. comes on.. runs up and down the court for 20 minutes doing s**t all.. earns millions. The guy is living the dream.
How many dribbles would you take?

Just looking back at some of those early 2000s HS classes now, it's interesting to see who made it in the NBA, and who was basically unheard of after college.

As an avid reader of SLAM Magazine from 2001-2006, there was so much hype for so many HS and college players in those pages, many of whom didn't pan out as pros.
Ahhh, back when Sebastian Telfair was a lock for the Hall of Fame.

Halcyon days.

Legit question - Is he the best 4-year college player to enter the league in the past decade?

Not exactly a massive group to choose from, I know, but he was a top-15 prospect in what was considered a pretty deep HS class at the time as well, so he's not like a "come from nowhere" talent who had to stay in college to make the NBA, either.

Good to see that guys like him can still carve out good careers in the NBA, and it's not all about peaking at 19-20 years old.
I remember being annoyed when the cavs cut him as he was always productive in the minutes he got he just never got many consistently. He could always shoot it. I remember he would just come in during junk time of a blow out and was usually good for a bucket. Spurs were the perfect team for him though. But I’m surprised he was seen as top 15, think he was taken deep in the second round.

And to answer your question, Damian Lillard probably is unless I’m forgetting someone

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole f****** team is lazy. That starts with the coach and the best player on the court. Looking at you Nikola

I know he never looks like fittest bloke running around but Jokic looks kinda fat and sluggish this season which is weird given he played WC
I think playing euro championship has stuffed him. Some guys, Jokic especially need that off season for conditioning. I know we all say "well they play 48mpg so they should be fit!" Some guys just don't lose weight just playing ball through 7 months

Travel ect. Really kills time. Old prefer him spending 3 hours a day conditioning in the off season and coming to the NBA season fit then what he's done now. Once you start getting banged up etc. Rest is more important then running on the treadmill for 50m a day.

Franky on track for 40 J Shuttlesworth

tenor.gif

I agree peternorth, what about now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back