The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 2 Thread: Stop sleeping on the Knicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, he wasn't happy in the first game either. Seems to struggle a bit against Valanciunas's physicality.

Edwards was seriously impressive though.
He's always struggled against JV, and unfortunately KAT is now on a roster with no competent help over 6'9". He always needs support against those types, which is fine - we just don't have it.

Ant has been awesome to start the season. Just keeps improving on both ends (and in the media). Love him.

He's always struggled against JV, and unfortunately KAT is now on a roster with no competent help over 6'9". He always needs support against those types, which is fine - we just don't have it.

Ant has been awesome to start the season. Just keeps improving on both ends (and in the media). Love him.

Of course these things are all relative.

I say 'struggled', and he put up 32, 14 & 7. If Jaxson Hayes put up those numbers even once, I'd be salivating. He just looked grumpy putting up a casual 32.

Actually thought it was DAR and Beasley that cost you today, they couldn't buy a shot. Still inclined to think you'll eventually trade one of the two.

Haven't seen any of their games yet, but reading the box scores and their results, Chicago have made the best additions/changes to their squad of any time over the pre season.

Seems like the dark days of #GarPax is finally over.

Lonzo looks like he fits in very well to Donovan's system

Haven't seen any of their games yet, but reading the box scores and their results, Chicago have made the best additions/changes to their squad of any time over the pre season.

Seems like the dark days of #GarPax is finally over.

Lonzo looks like he fits in very well to Donovan's system
Lonzo has actually been incredible, he is known as a good defender but it is still underrated. He is just in everything and same with his shooting. Most acknowledge it is improved but he is just automatic from 3.

It is funny the Bulls are 4-0 and Vuc/Lavine have been no where near the best they can be. Sure it is an easy schedule and they will come back to the pack over this next stretch but dang.

Can i just ask what the * is the plan at Portland?

Not to overreact to the poor start from Dame, that will correct itself. But what is the point of this season?

Did we really need to see Dame/CJ as a 3-8th seed again? 1st round exit? 2nd? Does it matter?

As a fan i would be so disheartened seeing the franchise being content just being a tough out.

Can i just ask what the fu** is the plan at Portland?

Not to overreact to the poor start from Dame, that will correct itself. But what is the point of this season?

Did we really need to see Dame/CJ as a 3-8th seed again? 1st round exit? 2nd? Does it matter?

As a fan i would be so disheartened seeing the franchise being content just being a tough out.

It's always been hard for one of the smallest market teams like Portland to actually attract good/all star level players to their city.

They almost may have to blow it all up/trade CJ and Dame and try load up on as many picks as they can like OKC did after their fire sale.

Watching Giddy's highlights for today his lateral shiftyness and quickness is really good considering his straight line speed is not great. Handy trait to have when the defense is in transition or on the back foot he can slide across to the weaker side do the 3 step gather and use his length for the push shots and layups.

When he went to OKC I thought that was really early and a big risk, would love to know where he was on the draft boards of the other lottery teams.
NBL. Nursery of champions.
Garrett Temple has played 40 minutes in our opening three games. In those 40 mins, we're -60 on the court.

We've played 144 minutes all up, and we've lost by a cumulative total of 43 points. That means in 104 non-Temple minutes, we're +17.

Good thing we locked him down for three more years.
How are you liking Willie?

I notice the horn set being run for Ingram is doing well. Looks the same set they used to run to get Book a look from the elbow.

Yada yada, shows lack of intent... blah blah doesnt bode well for the season ahead...

Mentally not there.

Should i go on?

Its not unusual to overreact to preseason, its just that only morons do it.
Really thought youd just slink away but here you are doubling down.
i’m doubling down alright, just not on this

Here is a question for basketball experts.

Adults wearing jerseys is accepted but adults wearing AFL guernseys are not.

Why
Hi Peter.

Thanks for your question.

I think it parlays into pop culture where it’s quite common to see people in NBA jerseys in music videos, etc, whilst the AFL guernsey probably peaked on the international scene in this moment;

B74C9D6A-CAB9-44C5-89EA-F423BE6F36BD.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice the horn set being run for Ingram is doing well. Looks the same set they used to run to get Book a look from the elbow.

That play is pretty much one of our two ways to score.

1. Run horn play for Ingram.

2. Get ball to Valanciunas and clear out the side.

3. See 1 & 2

8. Give ball to guards and ask them to create something off the dribble.

Ingram has actually looked pretty good, and the commentary team has noticed the play as part of a wider plan to get Ingram into spots where he doesn't have to break down defenders off the dribble constantly. So that's an immediate improvement.

Defensively it takes a while to teach old dogs new tricks, but he has faith in Herb Jones, and that's a good start. Only mark against is faith in Temple.

Of course it'll take at least half a season, and a healthy Zion, to give anything approaching an educated opinion. I'm most interested to see if he can get through to Hayes and Lewis, cos they're really struggling and it's a worry.

Hi Peter.

I think it parlays into pop culture where it’s quite common to see people in NBA jerseys in music videos, etc, whilst the AFL guernsey probably peaked on the international scene in this moment;

View attachment 1268257

A mailbag to experts - I like it.

Only a select few could carry this off, of course.

NBL. Nursery of champions.

i’m doubling down alright, just not on this

Hi Peter.

View attachment 1268257
AFL peaked when Toadie got drafted mate

Can i just ask what the fu** is the plan at Portland?

What can you do?

We tried for Melo and he said no, then only came back when we were his only option
We tried for PG he said no
We tried for LeBron he said no
We tried for Klay he said no
We tried for Love, Cavs said no
We tried for Griffin he said no
We tried for Simmons, 76ers said no
We tried for DeRozan he said no
We asked about Harden, he said no

Our biggest free agent splash of the last decade was Al-Farouq Aminu. No one wants to come here, so you gotta double and triple down with what you have.

Lonzo has actually been incredible, he is known as a good defender but it is still underrated. He is just in everything and same with his shooting. Most acknowledge it is improved but he is just automatic from 3.

It is funny the Bulls are 4-0 and Vuc/Lavine have been no where near the best they can be. Sure it is an easy schedule and they will come back to the pack over this next stretch but dang.

Zach dropped 35 in the first game, but has been mid-20s since. Playing well, but hardly MJ. Lonzo has been amazing. His first couple of years were over shadowed by his loud mouthed dad, but he's been steadily making a name for himself and showing what he can do.

Agree that we've had an easy run so far, and that we're gonna run into some real competition soon, but 4-0 is a brilliant way to begin, and for a Bulls fan the fact it includes 2 over Detroit makes it all the sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back