Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
C'mon man, we've done enough super dumb things as a team without having to invent imaginary ones via hindsight.

Zion was the consensus #1 pick that year, and had been for some time. Wasn't even an argument. He put up 27 per game last year at age 20 on ridiculous efficiency on a team with terrible spacing. Only injuries/weight will prevent him from being one of the all time greats.

Never thought I'd see "Zion needs to leave New Orleans for the good of his career" turn to "Zion is a fat bust" in the space of a few weeks, but here we are.
That only concern was always a MASSIVE one though and of course you had to take the punt. How long did NOP spend with him though to judge character? Zion doesnt seem super competitive whereas Ja has a winning mentality, always wants to get better. Zion seems to just be happy to be here sort of thing and knows he gonna get paid and that will be it. So someone who isnt competitive and a bit lazy and has weight issues is only ever going to go one way.

Of course he was the consensus but these worries have always been there and now they are bearing fruit.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
That only concern was always a MASSIVE one though and of course you had to take the punt. How long did NOP spend with him though to judge character? Zion doesnt seem super competitive whereas Ja has a winning mentality, always wants to get better. Zion seems to just be happy to be here sort of thing and knows he gonna get paid and that will be it. So someone who isnt competitive and a bit lazy and has weight issues is only ever going to go one way.

Of course he was the consensus but these worries have always been there and now they are bearing fruit.
Bruh...

I love Ja, he is one of the most exciting young players in the league but come on.

Zion last year 27/7 shooting 61% from the field... in his 2nd year.

If i had to take one right now it has to be Ja i think just because it is such a safe bet, but i am not certain he is the better player. Zion is ******* incredible.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
That only concern was always a MASSIVE one though and of course you had to take the punt.

So how does that make us dumb?

How long did NOP spend with him though to judge character?

Normal draftee interview time.

Zion doesnt seem super competitive whereas Ja has a winning mentality, always wants to get better. Zion seems to just be happy to be here sort of thing and knows he gonna get paid and that will be it. So someone who isnt competitive and a bit lazy and has weight issues is only ever going to go one way.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here.

Let's just say his short tenure in New Orleans, with injury, covid, media speculation, coaching and management relationships has been challenging, and leave it there. To say he has no competitive streak is an awfully long bow to draw.

Not sure 'bearing fruit' is the phrase I'd use.

Injury concerns were always there. The rest is conjecture.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
So let me get this straight.

Ben gets the blame for Joel sitting out on the 3 point line and denying him space. Yet when Ben isn't out there Joel is still sitting behind the 3 point line instead of posting up like he should be doing............

In other news Philly are paying Tobias Harris $35m+ to be the definition of average. But sure, it's all Ben's fault

I don't know how I opened up this thread and these were the first posts I saw, but goddamn the Ben sycophants are truly out here wildin building some truly special strawmen.

The Sixers blowing the s**t outta Atlanta, makes Ben's performance that series even more miserable.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
So how does that make us dumb?

Normal draftee interview time.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here.

Let's just say his short tenure in New Orleans, with injury, covid, media speculation, coaching and management relationships has been challenging, and leave it there. To say he has no competitive streak is an awfully long bow to draw.

Not sure 'bearing fruit' is the phrase I'd use.

Injury concerns were always there. The rest is conjecture.
Zion Tambling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back