Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 & 22 - final stretch. Now with the PLAY IN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish Russ could play forever

What on earth happened? 24 assists, 21 rebounds and only 8 shot attempts. Something is broken in his stat line.

Does Russ make an All NBA team?

Depends which stats you want to look at. Some of his advanced scoring / shooting stats are so bad it is a little funny. He's actually last in the league at one of the points added by shooting stats. Yes literally last, ~530th overall

C: Embiid/Jokic
F: Giannis
F: Doncic
G: Harden
G: Paul

C: Embiid/Jokic
F: Booker
F: Randle
G: ????
G: Curry

Bold choice going CP3 in the 1st team. I wouldn't bother choosing one of Embiid or Jokic, just chuck em both in.

C: Embiid
F: Jokic
G: Doncic

C: Gobert
F: Middleton
G: Booker / Mitchell

Could be a good year to mix it up a bit

Bold choice going CP3 in the 1st team. I wouldn't bother choosing one of Embiid or Jokic, just chuck em both in.

C: Embiid
F: Jokic
G: Doncic

C: Gobert
F: Middleton
G: Booker / Mitchell

Could be a good year to mix it up a bit
Thanks. I make big statements all the time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it’s ridiculous but I don’t like it.
You play a 72 game season (usually 82) which is more than enough time to determine who the top 8 are in each conference.
If you’re a 7th or 8th seed, you can’t be happy that you have a one off game against potentially a sub .500 team to see if you advance. If the latter has a hot shooting night, you’re done. The lower seed should have to win two games against the higher opponent to advance which is how it was in the bubble.
Also think there needs to be a wins buffer. Like if the 7th seed is 7/8 wins ahead of 8th, they should be exempt.
Top two seeds are disadvantaged by way of the fact they won’t know their opponent until two days before game 1, as opposed to the 3rd and 4th seeds.

It’s an idea, but it’s not brilliant

It's worked a lot better than expected. We'd just be playing it out at the moment if it wasn't in place.

If you aren't a Top 6 team in a Conference, you aren't winning it, so you don't deserve to get a guaranteed spot. Make things a bit interesting.

And it doesn't matter if the 9th seed is 10 games behind the 8th seed. That's the standing. No one has ever complained if they are the 7th seed and 10 games in front of the 8th seed, or the 1st seed and the 2nd seed (when they basically have the same advantages/disadvantages in the playoffs no matter the gap).

And in regards to the 1st and 2nd seed not knowing their opponents? Come on, they're the 1st and 2nd seed, playing teams that have just played emotionally draining elimination games, while they get to rest. They should be sweeping or 4-1ing them.

Last edited:
And it doesn't matter if the 9th seed is 10 games behind the 8th seed. That's the standing. No one has ever complained if they are the 7th seed and 10 games in front of the 8th seed, or the 1st seed and the 2nd seed (when they basically have the same advantages/disadvantages in the playoffs no matter the gap)
Why would they have complained previously? Their rightfully earned playoff spot was not at risk?

And in regards to the 1st and 2nd seed not knowing their opponents? Come on, they're the 1st and 2nd seed, playing teams that have just played emotionally draining elimination games, while they get to rest. They should be sweeping or 4-1ing them.

That’s a very simplistic view.
You think Utah would be happy if Minnesota were the 10th seed and made into the playoffs to play them? Emotionally draining games? Maybe, but I’d suggest the winner gets quite a confidence boost, aside from the obvious of making the playoffs.

As it sits today in the West, the Spurs are the 10th seed, 2 games below .500 and thus would have a shot at the playoffs. It just doesn’t sit well with me. Mind you Charlotte is sub .500 in the 8th spot in the East, so this isn’t just a play-in thing.

It's worked a lot better than expected. We'd just be playing it out at the moment if it wasn't in place.

If you aren't a Top 6 team in a Conference, you aren't winning it, so you don't deserve to get a guaranteed spot. Make things a bit interesting.

And it doesn't matter if the 9th seed is 10 games behind the 8th seed. That's the standing. No one has ever complained if they are the 7th seed and 10 games in front of the 8th seed, or the 1st seed and the 2nd seed (when they basically have the same advantages/disadvantages in the playoffs no matter the gap).

Well the Lakers did lose the opening game of R1 to Portland after waiting to opponent confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back