The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 and beyond Thread - July 31st restart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hows everyone going without NBA basketball?

I bought NBA 20K20 and started a GM mode where I don''t actually play, just watch. My team:

Simmons (was actually the best available at pick 15, him or Embiid lols)
Vucevic
Smart
Bojan Bogdanovic
Ingles

Rubio
Olynyk
Okogie
Illysova
Alexander-Walker / Nick Young / Prince

I wanted perimeter size and defense and multiple passers for a basket cutting based offense. Ended up having to draft lots of white bigs to fill out the shooter roles :\ But good news ... we are winning quite a lot.

Played a 5 on 5 Half court game vs my Nephew last night

HIM - Kyrie , Steph , Lebron , KD , Giannis
vs
ME - Dame , Beard , Luka , Kawhi , Joker

Towelled him

He then proceeded to tear me a 2nd a-hole on Fifa 7-2 ( and he gave me the 2 )

Have you enough tissues and toilet paper?

How about staples?

I am just fine that the Fakers sold the future on a washed up LeBum and The Brow, this was the only decent and realistic year that they could win another chip and it's all gone pIss up for LAL.

Learn to rebuild via the draft and use astute assets like Boston has.

I am just fine that the Fakers sold the future on a washed up LeBum and The Brow, this was the only decent and realistic year that they could win another chip and it's all gone pIss up for LAL.

what assets do boston have exactly? And why havent boston won a title for 12 years given such management?

I prefer the

i prefer the win 73 games and then get the 2nd best player in the game route.

Diary of a recovering hoops junkie

Day 13

Although it is somewhat antiquated in these days of Netflix, I have always been a DVD man. My house is full of the damn things. There's a slight chance that I am personally responsible for making JB Hi-fi recession-proof. Hell, I still have NBA Jam Session on VHS tucked away somewhere.

Having so much free time on my hands in the absence of the NBA season, and also some virus thingy, one might think that I could take the opportunity to have a good spring cleaning. You know, eliminate some of the clutter. But instead, boredom has taken hold. So instead of getting rid of all the superfluous and passed-its-used-by-date junk in my house, what do I go and do? I actually go and buy MORE junk.

Yep, I chose the 2019 Detroit Pistons off-season route. Anyone want to buy Andre Drummond my copy of Speed 2: Cruise Control for 7 cents?

what assets do boston have exactly? And why havent boston won a title for 12 years given such management?
Only have missed the playoffs once too in those 12 years. Not 7 consecutive years.

Didn't need a generational talent like lebron or AD together to make playoffs as we just drafted well unlike the lakers and not relying on being a massive market to attract talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only have missed the playoffs once too in those 12 years. Not 7 consecutive years.

Didn't need a generational talent like lebron or AD together to make playoffs as we just drafted well unlike the lakers and not relying on being a massive market to attract talent.

Fair play, made playoffs for 11/12 years. Given that, zero championships isn't a return expected by the organisation.

Does it matter how teams are constructed at the end of the day? Isnt it all about winning and trophies?

Fair play, made playoffs for 11/12 years. Given that, zero championships isn't a return expected by the organisation.

Does it matter how teams are constructed at the end of the day? Isnt it all about winning and trophies?
08 championship? I know thats a series you'd liked to forget but still counts within 12 years.

At the end of the day yes it is all about championships of course but you still need to be well constructed, I'm still proud of the organisation for constructing the team to be a playoff team consistently every year some years even contending, makes us worth watching.

I guess the Lakers need to find some team as stupid as the Nets to get a heap of draft picks for aging players.
Ainge was just ahead of his time. By far the best trade the NBA has ever seen.

A trade like that will not happen again.

Only the knicks or billy king could prove me wrong.

Ainge was just ahead of his time. By far the best trade the NBA has ever seen.

A trade like that will not happen again.

A little basketball history for you.

Cleveland traded their 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1986 first round picks to Dallas for Richard Washington, Jerome Whitehead, Mike Bratz and Geoff Huston.

By 1985 three of those players had been waived, and the other traded for a 3rd round pick.

Dallas used those picks to take Derek Harper, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf and Roy Tarpley, and subsequently went within a game of knocking off the Lakers as Western Conference champs in 1988.

The Cavs coincidentally also traded their 1982 first round pick to the Lakers for Don Ford, who averaged about 3 ppg. The Lakers used it select James Worthy.

Cleveland traded their 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1986 first round picks to Dallas for Richard Washington, Jerome Whitehead, Mike Bratz and Geoff Huston.

By 1985 three of those players had been waived, and the other traded for a 3rd round pick.

Dallas used those picks to take Derek Harper, Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf and Roy Tarpley, and subsequently went within a game of knocking off the Lakers as Western Conference champs in 1988.

The Cavs coincidentally also traded their 1982 first round pick to the Lakers for Don Ford, who averaged about 3 ppg. The Lakers used it select James Worthy.

Not bad

Apart from the Lonzo pick which they were basically forced to make, the lakers drafting since 2014 has been more than solid. They’ve hit on a lot of late firsts.

Svi, Wagner, Nance, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac, Clarkson are all players they’ve hit on with a draft pick of 25 or worse

Last edited:
Apart from the Lonzo pick which they were basically forced to make, the lakers drafting since 2014 has been more than solid. They’ve hit on a lot of late firsts.

Svi, Wagner, Nance, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac, Clarkson are all players they’ve hit on with a draft pick of 25 or worse

Only problem is that they gave half of those players away.

#thanksMagic

Right, but my point was the worst trade of all time not multiple bad trades over time, but in that sense yes I've read all the players that Cavs did miss out on drafting by sending away those picks but let's be honest even if they still had their picks they wouldn't have been intelligent enough to even pick those players.

They gave us 3 unprotected first-round picks for aging Pierce, KG and JT effectively to make a deep run in the playoffs that saw them win only 5 games that year.

Those picks turned out to be Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and last the one to use to get Kyrie Irving.

Sidenote Nets gave up their first round pick to Portland for gerald wallace in 2012 guess who Portland picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back