The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 and beyond Thread - July 31st restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is interesting. Pre-Durant GSW ran all sorts of plays and had Klay or Stef running all over the place to get the 3pt looks. The Bud era Hawks in particular run heaps of plays specifically to open a look for Korver (enough to make him an all star).

Philly is the perfect example of a team who had no patience and flipped the roster after patiently drafting picks rather than let the team grow organically. Next season if the Hawks don't pay Collins enough it will be the same, drafting the talent but not developing a team.

2003 draft. Everyone remembers it for the Darko situation. But what is not remembered mostly is the fact Jerry West and his Memphis team had a lottery pick too. If he landed the no 1 pick, Grizz Nation keeps it. Anywhere else? Yep goes to Motown.

image-placeholder-title.webp

You can pinpoint the moment when Jerrys heart rips in two.

The Piston organisation were giddy about Darko. Legend has it during a practice pre playoff game, Darko was shooting around in the same gym. The piston players and coaches all went over to watch. Management and coaches fell in love. Match made in heaven.

We all know what happened next.

Rumours and interesting tidbits
- if not for Darko, Pistons were probably taking C Bosh, not melo who was out of shape in teh off season
- West was going to take Wade.
-

Excellent stuff.

I’ve always thought chemistry is one of those things that is only focussed on if things aren’t going well. Teams can still have success even if players don’t like each other.
Also good to know that Dudley is a bounce passer and not a lobber.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
That is interesting. Pre-Durant GSW ran all sorts of plays and had Klay or Stef running all over the place to get the 3pt looks. The Bud era Hawks in particular run heaps of plays specifically to open a look for Korver (enough to make him an all star).

Philly is the perfect example of a team who had no patience and flipped the roster after patiently drafting picks rather than let the team grow organically. Next season if the Hawks don't pay Collins enough it will be the same, drafting the talent but not developing a team.

I must say I agree - enjoy watching a team grow organically. Most classic championship teams had years together. A clear identity.

2003 draft. Everyone remembers it for the Darko situation. But what is not remembered mostly is the fact Jerry West and his Memphis team had a lottery pick too. If he landed the no 1 pick, Grizz Nation keeps it. Anywhere else? Yep goes to Motown.

image-placeholder-title.webp

You can pinpoint the moment when Jerrys heart rips in two.

The Piston organisation were giddy about Darko. Legend has it during a practice pre playoff game, Darko was shooting around in the same gym. The piston players and coaches all went over to watch. Management and coaches fell in love. Match made in heaven.

We all know what happened next.

Rumours and interesting tidbits
- if not for Darko, Pistons were probably taking C Bosh, not melo who was out of shape in teh off season
- West was going to take Wade.
-

I believe the Pistons owned that pick via a 90s trade for Otis Thorpe, who was closer to 40 than 30.

Lose/lose.

Excellent stuff.

I’ve always thought chemistry is one of those things that is only focussed on if things aren’t going well. Teams can still have success even if players don’t like each other.
Also good to know that Dudley is a bounce passer and not a lobber.

Dudley is the MVP of organising team dinners.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Rod Thron denies any blackballing of isiah thomas on MJs behalf from the dream team.

Like the annual all australian debates as to why player X should be in......if isiah was to come in, who's spot does he take?

1588207169810.png

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots

Been MIA last couple of weeks had a few personal problems that I needed to deal with one being my last relationship where I reached out on this thread.

It is a port fan dominated thread but anyone is welcome to post any problem or situation they have at the end of the day we are all family here on the big footy forum despite our footy teams, these guys have been nothing but helpful and caring. So for people here going through a rough time don't be afraid to reach out on here or message me directly.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well. F*ck COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back