The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 and beyond Thread - July 31st restart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cliffs...

• According to research from ESPN's Bobby Marks, eight of the 10 highest-paid players in the NBA in 1997-98 were centers.
  • No center is among the league's top 20 earners in 2019-20.
  • Jordan's own Charlotte Hornets ranked last in pace in 2019-20, averaging 96.2 possessions per game. But that exact tempo would've ranked first in the NBA in 1997-98, when the Boston Celtics were the quickest team with a pace of 94.9.
  • In 1997-98, MJ launched 869 shots in the midrange areas near the low blocks en route to his 10th scoring title. Last year Harden took 29.

jumpers.jpg

baseline.jpg

Good read....

Can't wait for someone to turn the league on its head with some really physical play and a bench that runs deep enough to carry the foul load.

3 point princesses these days would get rattled hard with some Laimbeer level psychopathy.

Fun Fact: in that triple overtime Game 3 against the Suns in '93, the Bulls shot just 9 free throws.

Dick Bavetta reffed that game :think:
Jordan 3/6 at the line. Liability

Interesting

I don't blame them for being pissed, the 'next Jordan' media campaign was shameless, and remains so to this day.

If you wanted to pinpoint a moment in time when the All-star game began its descent into becoming a trivial curio, that 1998 game would have been it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't blame them for being pissed, the 'next Jordan' media campaign was shameless, and remains so to this day.

If you wanted to pinpoint a moment in time when the All-star game began its descent into becoming a trivial curio, that 1998 game would have been it.

I firmly believe that all star game was full of win. I loved that they wore their own jerseys. It was colourful and unique. Of course the west always wore away kits because of the lakers.

Playoffs start today, who you got?

Bucks in 4
Toronto in 5
Boston in 7
Miami in 6

Lakers in 4
Clippers in 5
Houston in 6
Utah in 7

Interesting first round. My predictions were way off!

Results...

Bucks in 4
Toronto in 7
76ers in 5 (sorry Boston fans but Tatum got hurt in Game 2).
Miami in 5

Lakers in 4
Clippers in 4
Denver in 7
OKC in 6 (lol OKC made the second round!)

Second Round (Predictions)
Bucks v Miami (Bucks in 5)
Toronto v 76ers (76ers in 6)

Lakers v OKC (Lakers in 5)
Clippers vs Denver (Clippers in 6)

Interesting first round. My predictions were way off!

Results...

Bucks in 4
Toronto in 7
76ers in 5 (sorry Boston fans but Tatum got hurt in Game 2).
Miami in 5

Lakers in 4
Clippers in 4
Denver in 7
OKC in 6 (lol OKC made the second round!)

Second Round (Predictions)
Bucks v Miami (Bucks in 5)
Toronto v 76ers (76ers in 6)

Lakers v OKC (Lakers in 5)
Clippers vs Denver (Clippers in 6)

OKC with or without paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back