The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 and beyond Thread - July 31st restart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we get 4th in the lottery but for reasons I will never understand 4th has an 11.5% chance of getting 4th but a 25% chance of getting 6th and a 16% chance of getting 7th.

3rd has a 26% chance of getting 6th fwiw.

Have not seen this mentioned previously and only just stumbled upon it, but according to a few news outlets the NBA is getting rid of Spalding Basketballs for Wilson ones starting next season. End of an era really, it will be sad to see Spalding go.

"NBA Trades Spalding for Wilson as Official Basketball Maker".

Ray Spalding for DJ Wilson. I don’t like this trade for Milwaukee

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
So I'm reading this:
The play-in tournament will include the No. 8 and No. 9 teams -- if the ninth seed finishes the regular season within four games of the eighth, sources said. In that case, the No. 8 seed enters a double-elimination tournament and the No. 9 seed a single-elimination tournament, sources said.

as it being 8 v 9 with 9th needing to win two straight, 8th just needing to win one to get into the playoffs?

If so, why not just write that instead of this 'elimination tournament' bullshit?

So I'm reading this:

as it being 8 v 9 with 9th needing to win two straight, 8th just needing to win one to get into the playoffs?

If so, why not just write that instead of this 'elimination tournament' bullshit?

My head hurt after reading that. Next step they'll rename the elimination games a la bbl finals THE ELINNINATOR THE QUALIFIER

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
So 8 more regular season games is fine, but what happens with teams that have already played more games?

For instance Denver have played 65 games vs Utah and OKC 64? Do Denver then only play 7 games? Havent read anything regarding this scenario

Kevin Durant has bought a small stake in the Philadelphia Union

This is the Unions logo

1200px-Philadelphia_Union_2018_logo.svg.png

Pretty sssssssssssssssstylish dont ya think

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
So, the Nyets could regain their first rounder from the Crabbe trade if they go 2-6 over their 8 games.

Currently 0.5 games clear of Orlando in 7th

Hmm

I hadn't even thought about draft picks owed and the protections incumbent.

Like if Philly gets dumped out early, does that mean they get to keep their pick instead of giving it to the Nets? Or is that not even possible? Very confusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
I hadn't even thought about draft picks owed and the protections incumbent.

Like if Philly gets dumped out early, does that mean they get to keep their pick instead of giving it to the Nets? Or is that not even possible? Very confusing.
I believe its only possible for Brooklyn as they could conceivably finish 9th and out of the playoffs as it were

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
As are the annual rants of failed Danny Ainge trades

Well played.

At the very least in Ainge's favour, he gave Boston our first Chip in over 2 decades, and made the Celtics relevant again after many years of irrelevancy.

I am still a fan, Tatum and Brown will be the pillars of our next championship push.

Anyhow I sincerely hope The Bulls get some luck in the lotto for once, I started following The Celtics since 1992, still have nightmares about 1997, but you gotta stick fat, despite years of mediocrity..

I remember the years Dana Barros and Dino Radja were our best players FML.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

lol.

last bit of the video - "he's (brees) a great christian man". isnt lebron too?

Meh, The NBA and the players are all about state brutality now but when Daryl Morey said something about it in Hong Kong they left him hanging with their silence.

LeBron the MF is happy to turn his head towards brutality when he's being paid to do so, he went after Morey, not the Chinese.

Meh, The NBA and the players are all about state brutality now but when Daryl Morey said something about it in Hong Kong they left him hanging with their silence.

LeBron the MF is happy to turn his head towards brutality when he's being paid to do so, he went after Morey, not the Chinese.

LeBron has done some great work for black folks in America no doubt but at the same time it shows how far we have to come to be all equal when someone who is from a discriminated group still is like I want the best for people the same as me but if they're not the same as me and their rights are being abused I don't really care if my money is at stake.

Another thing that has really annoyed me and this isn't a dig at the NBA as I think on the whole the league and players are some of the most productive celebrities at trying to push for equality but other celebrities jumping on the bandwagon annoy me. A lot of these celebrities have had the platform to campaign for black lives and have said * all (even though everyone knows what happens) and suddenly when the actual far less privlidged risk their safety to make a stand all these celebs decide to jump on so they all appear they're woke. All the falseness drives me crazy.

I think the premise of that fox news clip was that drew brees has a right to an opinion (free speech), but lebron and kd should not.

Another thing that has really annoyed me and this isn't a dig at the NBA as I think on the whole the league and players are some of the most productive celebrities at trying to push for equality but other celebrities jumping on the bandwagon annoy me. A lot of these celebrities have had the platform to campaign for black lives and have said fu** all (even though everyone knows what happens) and suddenly when the actual far less privlidged risk their safety to make a stand all these celebs decide to jump on so they all appear they're woke. All the falseness drives me crazy.

Why tf would they ... how well did it work out for Colin Kaepernick? Everything they've worked for and achieved in their life would be extinguished in 1 tweet.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Solid second round. All went a minimum of 6.

Bucks v Miami (Bucks in 6)
Toronto v 76ers (76ers in 7)

Lakers v OKC (Lakers in 7)
Clippers vs Denver (Clippers in 7)

Conference Finals will be lit.

Bucks v 76ers (Prediction - Bucks in 5)
Lakers v Clippers (Lakers in 7)

Very disappointing Conference Finals.

Bucks and Clippers both win in 4.

Bucks and Clippers Finals!

Prediction - Clippers in 6.

Status