F Anthony Davis
C Bam Adebayo

3rd team All NBA
G Russell Westbrook
G Trae Young
F Jimmy Butler
F Paskal Siakam
C Domantas Sabonis

What is the time required for playing at a position to qualify them for that position in all NBA teams?

I dont think there are any real guidelines for all nba othrr than just use common sense. People flip big men and wing positions all the time to fit how they want.

Anyone watching Basketball:A Love Story on ESPN?

My knowledge of the history of the ABA is not great, so I’ve found the stories fascinating.
The Spirits of St Louis story and the Silna brothers is amazing

My knowledge of the history of the ABA is not great, so I’ve found the stories fascinating.
All you need is love

Were they the ones who kept receiving financial windfalls because of fine print written into the merger?

Were they the ones who kept receiving financial windfalls because of fine print written into the merger?
They negotiated the deal.

NBA were only taking 4 teams and St Louis wasn’t one of them.

The brothers said they wanted 2.2 million up front and 1/7 from each team (as 7 teams existed in the ABA as that season ended) so 4/7 in total of all future earnings that came as a result of these ABA teams being in the NBA, eg TV rights. Keep in mind this was the mid 70’s.
At last count they had received $300 million, plus are supposed to have received a $500 million settlement from the NBA to stop this deal from continuing.
They tried to buy the Nets but the NBA knocked them back.
Funnily enough the brothers said in an interview they’d give it all back to own a team.

Amazing stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So players are pushing back against the restart because of protests losing momentum if basketball comes and distracts people.

I'm going to be blunt. By the 30th of July, people will have moved on already. People, especially Americans, only care about what theyre told to care about and their attention spans are comical.

2 months ago they were told to care about COVID and they are already bored of that and pretend it never happened, now they're being told to care about BLM and support for that will dwindle as people get bored of hearing about it.

By the end of July this won't be a discussion point unless something really escalates everything. If anything its more likely that COVID cancels the NBA again.

So players are pushing back against the restart because of protests losing momentum if basketball comes and distracts people.

I'm going to be blunt. By the 30th of July, people will have moved on already. People, especially Americans, only care about what theyre told to care about and their attention spans are comical.

2 months ago they were told to care about COVID and they are already bored of that and pretend it never happened, now they're being told to care about BLM and support for that will dwindle as people get bored of hearing about it.

By the end of July this won't be a discussion point unless something really escalates everything. If anything its more likely that COVID cancels the NBA again.

Another thing is NBA players like money, can't see enough of them giving that up. Anyway the protests are now getting as much bad publicity as good and I'd imagine the NBA would work fairly strongly with players to help support the movement in whatever way they can once there's national tv games again.

It’s easy for Kyrie, who hasn’t played for a significant period of time, on a max salary to say players shouldn’t return. His money isn’t going to be touched.
You have players who are on minimum wage, barely on G league playing time. It affects those types. It’s a double edged sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back