The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 24 Thread #LeBronofficiallyoutofplayoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not standard leaving stars in up 25, especially at home but whatever that doesn’t suit your narrative.

Narrative?

I'm just telling you what happens. Normal basketball plays.

I only need to look at recent games to show it.

On the actual same night as the Phx/Utah game - Orlando vs 76ers (Orlando win comfortably). 5:34 left in the game. Margin is 24 points. 76ers sub out their starters. 3:28 to go in the game, the Magic sub out their starters (which was the first dead ball after the 5:23 mark).

On the night before Rockets vs Pelicans (Rockets win comfortably) - Paul subs out with 4:49 left in the last quarter when the margin is 24

On the same night as the game above - Spurs vs Boston (Spurs win comfortably) - 3:22 left in the game - Margin 22 points - Boston sub out their starters. DeRozen comes out about a minute later.

Subbing out your starters at the 4-6 minute mark of a 20+ point game is pretty standard. In a lot of cases it's just after the losing team has thrown in the towel and subbed out their starters.

I have no idea how you think it's comparable.

There's 3 instances in a 2 day period. It's really normal. Not some "narrative". There would be 50+ examples over the season that reflect it.

Booker checking back in with 3 minutes to go probably hasn't happened in 5 years.

You're arguing a really weird point.

The difference here is that Booker is on a team that has been getting smashed most of the season and he’s been a shining light. He had to be talked into going back in, it was Jamal Crawford who suggested it.

I don’t get what the hullabaloo is all about. Is all of a sudden his 59 worth less because he subbed in? Would he have got greater endorsements by sitting on 56? You’re acting like he was an inefficient chucker. His first 3 touches when he came back in, he passed the ball. His 59 was the most efficient in history based on shooting metrics.

The Suns sucked in the 3 or so mins he was off the floor in the 4th and it was clear the Jazz weren’t easing up as they continued to ram it down the Suns’ throats.

Let the kid have some reward for his hard work it in what has been a rough season.

As for stat chasing of the worst kind, give me a spell.

This really confuses me. He could have been 20/20 from the field. It really doesn't matter.

I love the kid. He's got potential to be great.

Still doesn't change my opinion (and the majority of people's) on the particular incident.

Save the over dramatic stuff for talkback radio.

You literally said that starters checking out at the 4-6 minute mark of a 25 point game is worse. You're literally trying to make something very normal into a discussion point.

Last edited:
You're arguing a really weird point.

This really confuses me

This is how I feel about your opinion.

Instead of lauding the guy for dropping 59, you’re laying into him (funny you say it’s a majority, when you’re the only person to raise it) for checking back into a game where he was the very definition of a lone hand. 59/92 points.

He is a truly under appreciated player.

I can’t wait to see him live in a few hours.

Last edited:

Instead of lauding the guy for dropping 59, you’re laying into him (funny you say it’s a majority, when you’re the only person to raise it) for checking back into a game where he was the very definition of a lone hand. 59/92 points.

I think everyone thinks he was stat chasing by checking back in. I can't imagine otherwise (there is no other explanation for it). Just because people didn't say it, doesn't mean it's not what they believe.

I think I "lauded" after maybe one guy that scored 50+ points this season (it may have been Harden iirc when he scored 57 in a tight game).

I would have ripped into any of them if they had of checked back into the game with 3 minutes left in a game where one team was up/down 30+ as well.

But your point is correct (in that the performance should be appreciated) and if you had said something like this post originally it would make more sense, not arguing that a starter checking out with 4-6 minutes to go in a 25 point game is worse stat chasing than a starter coming back in with 3 minutes to go in a 30 point game.

This is awesome. Have a good time man.

Last edited:

post n00dz pics!

I think everyone thinks he was stat chasing by checking back in. I can't imagine otherwise (there is no other explanation for it). Just because people didn't say it, doesn't mean it's not what they believe.

I think I "lauded" after maybe one guy that scored 50+ points this season (it may have been Harden iirc when he scored 57 in a tight game).

I would have ripped into them if they had of checked back into the game with 3 minutes left in a game where one team was up/down 30+ as well.

But your point is correct (in that the performance should be appreciated) and if you had said something like this post originally it would make more sense, not arguing that a starter checking out with 4-6 minutes to go in a 25 point game is worse stat chasing than a starter coming back in with 3 minutes to go in a 30 point game.

This is awesome. Have a good time man.

That's where kobe was so dominant. But up huge numbers, then sit out the remainder of the game icing his knees.

Tim Hardaway believes his any gay statements are keeping him out of the hall of Fame.

Is Timmy a hall of famer?

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway told Dan Le Batard on Miami radio in 2007. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Asked about potentially having a gay teammate -- such as John Amaechi, who had recently come out -- Hardaway responded: "First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that's right. And you know I don't think he should be in the locker room while we're in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that."

Every minute that passes makes it less likely. As a player perhaps borderline ... but having just looked at the guards in the actual hall of fame I would say no he was not at that level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50 points. 19/29 and 10 boards. A privilege to watch.

I think that max extension was worth it.

Can we please get this kid some help?

Also, Thomas Bryant >>>>>> Kobe Bryant

Tim Hardaway believes his any gay statements are keeping him out of the hall of Fame.

Is Timmy a hall of famer?

Webber is still not in the HOF.

Man Utah would suck without Rudy

Most teams suck without their most important player.

Witness Pels w/o Jrue.

50 points. 19/29 and 10 boards. A privilege to watch.

I think that max extension was worth it.

Can we please get this kid some help?

Also, Thomas Bryant >>>>>> Kobe Bryant

Glad you got to see a show mate.

Also this is a daily reminder that Magic let Thomas Bryant walk to save $1 million in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back