The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 25 Thread #Build a team around Devin Booker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week the Hornets are beating the Raptors in Toronto. The next week, losing by 45 in the 3rd to the Warriors.

Easy money to bet Hornets to win the 4th period.

Even with such a blowout, no Warriors has more than 25 points.

Denver can forget about overtaking the Warriors if they lose today, currently down 90-94 against the Wizards. 1:19 left.

edit: they did lose

Last edited:
Murray injured. Jokic ejected.

How on earth that bloke didn’t get called for a foul when he was riding Jokic like a horse lol, unreal

I don't like to get into these s**t fights but just a few points. I saw Harden carry a fair rabble of a team with no CP3 and Capela and keep them in a respectable position basically by himself. I think he deserves it, I know he won't get it and I can't hate on Giannis but is a shame Harden will be a 3 time runner up and you can make a strong case in all those years he should have won. Especially bad when the reason Westbrook won over him is now being reversed in this case.

Also have a gripe with the whole voting system. It is quite obvious there are voters that watch very little outside their own market or highlights. Still you get media with a vote commenting that Harden doesn't play defence, a clear indication they haven't paid attention the last two years. Sure he isn't All Defence level but he has improved a lot, his post D is one the main reasons our switch everything works and why we are one of the best defences since the break. Has also had multiple key defensive plays late in games.

I may have jumped the gun suggesting that Denver have blown their chance to finish #1 in the West.

Record: GSW 52-24 (0.684), DEN 51-25 (0.671)
Head-to-head: GSW 2, DEN 1
Division Winner: GSW yes, DEN yes
Same Division: -
Conference: GSW 31-16, DEN 31-15

If DEN can beat GSW this week (big IF), they will go ahead on them based on conference record.

Record: DEN 52-25 (0.675), GSW 52-25 (0.675)
Head-to-head: DEN 2, GSW 2
Division Winner: DEN yes, GSW yes
Conference: DEN 32-15, GSW 31-17

I may have jumped the gun suggesting that Denver have blown their chance to finish #1 in the West.

Record: GSW 52-24 (0.684), DEN 51-25 (0.671)
Head-to-head: GSW 2, DEN 1
Division Winner: GSW yes, DEN yes
Conference: GSW 31-16, DEN 31-15

If DEN can beat GSW this week (big IF), they will go ahead on them based on conference record.

Record: DEN 52-25 (0.675), GSW 52-25 (0.675)
Head-to-head: DEN 2, GSW 2
Division Winner: DEN yes, GSW yes
Conference: DEN 32-15, GSW 31-17

We aren’t finishing #1. We’ve been complete trash lately. Will be lucky to hold onto #2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousins ejected at the 6:09 mark of the second. Up by 12 (+2 in the 11 minutes Cousins played, +10 in the 7 minutes Cousins didn't play).

15 minutes of court time later. Up by 45.

I don't like to get into these s**t fights but just a few points. I saw Harden carry a fair rabble of a team with no CP3 and Capela and keep them in a respectable position basically by himself. I think he deserves it, I know he won't get it and I can't hate on Giannis but is a shame Harden will be a 3 time runner up and you can make a strong case in all those years he should have won. Especially bad when the reason Westbrook won over him is now being reversed in this case.

Also have a gripe with the whole voting system. It is quite obvious there are voters that watch very little outside their own market or highlights. Still you get media with a vote commenting that Harden doesn't play defence, a clear indication they haven't paid attention the last two years. Sure he isn't All Defence level but he has improved a lot, his post D is one the main reasons our switch everything works and why we are one of the best defences since the break. Has also had multiple key defensive plays late in games.

I think most people are okay if Harden wins it. People are just putting across GA's case.

Most people aren't arguing Harden's deficiencies, they're arguing how great GA is.

Like you point out Harden isn't bad on the defensive end, but GA is elite. Like in the top handful of players in the league.

OKC likely finishing in the 8th seed is pretty terrible considering the lack of injuries they've had this year. Their top 6 will all play 74 or more games (by points - Obviously a case could be made that Roberson is in their top 6).

So, it's not like they can depend on getting healthier next season.

They also have very little flexibility this off-season.

Of course, having said that, watch them beat the Warriors in the first round :p

OKC likely finishing in the 8th seed is pretty terrible considering the lack of injuries they've had this year. Their top 6 will all play 74 or more games (by points - Obviously a case could be made that Roberson is in their top 6).

So, it's not like they can depend on getting healthier next season.

They also have very little flexibility this off-season.

Of course, having said that, watch them beat the Warriors in the first round :p

It's a good squad too. George can be the main guy, wonder what teams would give up for Westbrook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back