The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 25 Thread #Build a team around Devin Booker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The 21 assists is most impressive to me. The career high in rebounds not so much when guys are boxing out for you and deliberately missing free throws so you can get a board. Look making the call and doing it is amazing don't get me wrong but if say KD dominated the ball and had the rest of the Warriors clearing out for him to grab all the boards I think you'd back him in for the points/boards and assists is up to the teammates. I'm just saying knowing from the get go you're trying to get certain stats makes it easier than it naturally happening. You bring up Harden and he's a perfect example, there was a point when he was chasing 30 point games they came.

I don't think KD could do it by just picking a game to try. He's never had 20 boards in a game and his career high in assists is 14.

But that's the thing as well. He picked a game to do it and did it. It's the type of thing most players would have to try 20+ times for it to work out once (if that).

He did it 1 from 1.

Amazeballs (and from someone who hates Russ).

Russ has gone from over appreciated for his numbers to underappreciated very quickly. He brings it every single night.

Russ has gone from over appreciated for his numbers to underappreciated very quickly. He brings it every single night.

Is he though? I'm a hater for sure, I just don't like that he chases stats like no player we've seen. No one even haters can doubt the desire and effort he brings but underappreciated I don't think so. He's playing with a guy who was in the MVP race for most of the season and they're 8th, with a roster that outside of Roberson has been fairly healthy and to be honest is a good deep roster on paper, the bad teammates excuse surely no longer applies and at some point has to go to Russ's style of play.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Is he though? I'm a hater for sure, I just don't like that he chases stats like no player we've seen. No one even haters can doubt the desire and effort he brings but underappreciated I don't think so. He's playing with a guy who was in the MVP race for most of the season and they're 8th, with a roster that outside of Roberson has been fairly healthy and to be honest is a good deep roster on paper, the bad teammates excuse surely no longer applies and at some point has to go to Russ's style of play.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Russ is having a shocking shooting/scoring season (which means he's having a poor season overall).

When I was talking about his numbers I meant the rebounds/assists. Two years ago it felt like every day people where talking about averaging a triple double (which was over the top obviously), to now where they don't even mention even in passing.

To average over 10 boards a game for each of the last 3 seasons is pretty stupid for a 6 foot 3 guy (even if they are padded). And averaging 10 assists or more a game is still impressive no matter who it is.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Russ is having a shocking shooting/scoring season (which means he's having a poor season overall).

When I was talking about his numbers I meant the rebounds/assists. Two years ago it felt like every day people where talking about averaging a triple double (which was over the top obviously), to now where they don't even mention even in passing.

To average over 10 boards a game for each of the last 3 seasons is pretty stupid for a 6 foot 3 guy (even if they are padded). And averaging 10 assists or more a game is still impressive no matter who it is.
agree the assist stat is very impressive, I think rebounds as a stat in general are overrated... a large portion of defensive rebounds are uncontested

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice line up
ED86F55F-332D-4BEA-AFB8-B66DB52C92DB.jpeg

The New York Knicks unloaded Tim Hardaway Jr. as part of the Kristaps Porzingis trade, which frees up substantial cap space this offseason.
Hardaway is owed $20 million in 19-20 and $18.98 million in 20-21.
"There was at least one team that thought they'd get three first round picks for him this summer to open up space for the Knicks to sign max free agents," said Tim Bontemps on The Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective Podcast.
With the trade of Porzingis, Hardaway and Courtney Lee, the Knicks project to have enough cap space to sign two max free agents.

stat on ESPN that the last time someone put up 20-20-20 was 52,000 games ago. Quite impressive to say i will do it then go and do it. Of course he was chasing stats, but actually having the ability to do it is incredible. Your average NBA player cant make a statement like he did then go out and do it.

The Clippers commentator during our game today called Hardens style of play 'cheating'. Now pretty unprofessional as that it, the ironing in the comment is amazing considering the guy is an actual convicted cheat who was done for roiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back