The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 3 Thread: Pay your respects to DeMar DeJORDAN here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Lakers make their own draw for start of the season?

OKC and Rox twice already?

Have they played a contender?

Both teams have deserved to win against this laker team. My tip that LAL will not make the playoffs looking good.

I mean 2 losses to OKC. not easy after all.

Also they have 12 of their first 15 at home.

Compare with Cleveland's schedule, it's insane.

Every year, the Lakers are subjected to a late January/early February road trip that is longer than all their other road trips. This absence from Los Angeles is caused by the annual Grammy award show that takes over the L.A. Live area outside the arena with part of the event also occurring within Staples Center.

The show, currently slated to occur on January 31st, will cause the Lakers to be on the road from January 21st through February 2nd when they will finally return home to play the Trail Blazers. In that time, they will play six away games against the Magic, Heat, Nets, 76ers, Hornets, and Hawks. The Hornets and 76ers will both present tough road matchups. The Heat will as well as they are looking to return to the NBA Finals with their new All-Star point guard, Kyle Lowry. Trae Young and the Hawks will also be a formidable opponent as will their fans who gave the Knicks and 76ers faithful a run for their money before the Hawks were eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals by the Bucks.

How did anyone think that Lakers squad would work...

Bewildering.

Front office hoping they kept the receipt for Russ

Laker to miss playoffs. Easy money.

Lol Scott Foster is a cheat
Chris Paul has hacked your account

Chris Langford has really impressed tonight for the Celtics, esp in that quarter along with Horford and Denny.
Our bench has been massive tonight , esp with Tatum doing SFA.
Chris Langford has always been a solid defender. Surprised he’s getting a game at his age though.

Reckon the Hawks would like this one again.

Been a bit disappointing to start the season.
We’ve got them next game. Suns are just going so will be a true “8 point game”

Got my first proper look at Jalen Green today. Impressed

That man gets some arc on his shot.

Once he puts on 10kg, he’ll be a nuisance to guard

Trae & Lou shots not falling. Huerter been proper sh*t. Most of the low minutes rotation guys have bad numbers too.

Should have more Ws from a relatively easy start. Plenty of time left though.

You've got a brtutal next five games.

4 game road trip to Suns, Dubs, Jazz and Nuggets, then back home to host the Bucks.

Don't think a slow start will be fatal to you unlike some teams *cough Pels*, but still there's a lot of work to do.

Every year, the Lakers are subjected to a late January/early February road trip that is longer than all their other road trips. This absence from Los Angeles is caused by the annual Grammy award show that takes over the L.A. Live area outside the arena with part of the event also occurring within Staples Center.

The show, currently slated to occur on January 31st, will cause the Lakers to be on the road from January 21st through February 2nd when they will finally return home to play the Trail Blazers. In that time, they will play six away games against the Magic, Heat, Nets, 76ers, Hornets, and Hawks. The Hornets and 76ers will both present tough road matchups. The Heat will as well as they are looking to return to the NBA Finals with their new All-Star point guard, Kyle Lowry. Trae Young and the Hawks will also be a formidable opponent as will their fans who gave the Knicks and 76ers faithful a run for their money before the Hawks were eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals by the Bucks.

Hmmm, I dunno whether a six game road trip totally explains it though. A lot of teams certainly do four or five game trips, eg Hawks above. Don't the Spurs also do an annual rodeo trip every season too?

Not sure I can ever recall a team playing 12 of 15 at home to start the season. And then throw in that six of those games are double-ups against the Thunder, Rockets and Spurs, plus home games against Cavs, Hornets and Wolves, and it's the cupcake schedule to end all cupcake schedules.

On the plus side it should mean that the remaining 67 games are a real slog, so I think that's something we can all agree to look forward to :rainbow:

We’ve got them next game. Suns are just going so will be a true “8 point game”

If there's one thing that Channel 7 have taught me, it's never too early in the season for an eight point game.

Phoenix Suns stars Devin Booker and Chris Paul both said they are "waiting for more information" before commenting on ESPN's report on misbehavior by Suns ownership and management. Booker added that he's not insensitive to the accusations, but that he believes the NBA will do their due diligence with their investigation.

Probably the right thing to say. Stay out of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The East is probably wide open again this year, but what an epic collapse by the Bucks.

Hope Boston play the Knicks in the playoffs, two sporting cities that absolutely hate the living snot out of each way (in some ways i hate the Knicks more than The Lakers)

Imagine if the Knicks sign Zion as a FA and he loses all that puppy fat.

Sheesh we can't have the Knicks winning a chip in my lifetime (reminds me of that X-Files episode where Cigarette Smoking Man seemingly has power to rig the NFL and ensures the Buffalo Bills never win the Superbowl whilst he's alive lol)

That was the first time since 2018 Eastern Conference finals where I had genuine nerves

Your boys continue to surprise.

Sheesh we can't have the Knicks winning a chip in my lifetime (reminds me of that X-Files episode where Cigarette Smoking Man seemingly has power to rig the NFL and ensures the Buffalo Bills never win the Superbowl whilst he's alive lol)

I think you're over-extrapolating from a win over the half-strength Bucks.

Safe for another 3 or 4 years still until you need to worry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back