The official Bigfooty NBA Week 4 thread (Get your edibles here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta still support the guy.

Hes an A-grade player and an A-grade person.
Will do whatever it takes for his team to win.
Never had the pieces around him nor the front office to make a playoff push.
I'm sure you're as happy as me to see him in Boston.

Never had the pieces around him nor the front office to make a playoff push.
I'm sure you're as happy as me to see him in Boston.

I actually am, surprisingly.

Because as much of a gun as Kemba is, he didnt fit with where we were forced to go (youth).

Far too ball heavy for a team of young kids looking to get touches.

Good for both parties, and he deserved to be paid!

Lillard won his Grand Final/LOB Trophy with his buzzer beater last April. Nothing more to achieve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know there are a few early season contenders like Ingram, Baynes and Wiggins but VanVleet MIP atm... si?

VanVleet has been pretty good for a couple of seasons now, just getting more playing time.

Paging Son of Skeletor

He had 15/8/3/1 last game against the Sixers too

He has about 18 months to salvage his NBA career ;)

Probably a step ahead of Dennis Smith at this point.

That franchise is clueless

There making excuses for injury

Nurk is there only player out

Something is going on in the locker room there

Zach Collins is out too.

Might not seem that noteworthy, but given they lost Aminu and Harkless and Nurk remains out, their interior D is shredded.

That franchise is clueless

There making excuses for injury

Nurk is there only player out

Something is going on in the locker room there
Losing Harkless and Aminu were always going to set them back.

Whiteside only applies himself 1 game in 5 and CJ is off the boil.

They’re simply not as hard to play against as they were as previous versions

Zach Collins is out too.

Might not seem that noteworthy, but given they lost Aminu and Harkless and Nurk remains out, their interior D is shredded.

Given though they were probably thinking of challenging it's not great they're so far off the pace. Think about their main competitors:

Clippers are missing George and Kawhi only plays when he feels OK.

Lakers have missed Kuz and Davis for a few games.

Rockets missing Gordon, Green, Nene and House in this last one. They also started the season missing defense.

Yet all those teams sitting comfortably. I've probably missed others too. Hard to see them at full strength beating the others at full strength this season.

Given though they were probably thinking of challenging it's not great they're so far off the pace. Think about their main competitors:

Clippers are missing George and Kawhi only plays when he feels OK.

Lakers have missed Kuz and Davis for a few games.

Rockets missing Gordon, Green, Nene and House in this last one. They also started the season missing defense.

Yet all those teams sitting comfortably. I've probably missed others too. Hard to see them at full strength beating the others at full strength this season.

Oh I'm not expecting them to contend. Not without Nurk.

It's just that they've got an unbalanced team now. Four guys who can create their own shot, if you include Hood and Simons, but very little else that's special.

Tbh I think they overachieved, especially last season. They've been up for a while, so one season in the lottery probably won't hurt them until their bigs return.

Probably not a startling revelation, but the Spurs are going absolutely nowhere this year. 4th-oldest average age in the league, bottom-10 defense, and playing an out-dated, inefficient offensive style - Last in FGA from 0-3 FT, 2nd-last in the league for 3PAr, but 1st in FGA from 16-25 FT, and 2nd if FGA from 10-16 FT. Living in that mid-range no-man's land.

It's just that they've got an unbalanced team now. Four guys who can create their own shot, if you include Hood and Simons, but very little else that's special.

Tbh I think they overachieved, especially last season. They've been up for a while, so one season in the lottery probably won't hurt them until their bigs return.

If they could combine Hood's shooting, Hezonja's rebounding, Bazemore's defense, and Little's athleticism, they might just have themselves a very good small forward!

They and their fans certainly thought they could. Who knows though they may get a good return for Whiteside before the deadline.

If not though they probably could have gotten someone like Baynes who would be a nicer fit and saved having to trade guys for Whiteside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back