Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 4 Thread (Where we're already socially distancing on defence)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the camp you trade either Embiid or Simmons if, and only if, Philly get an offer too good to refuse.

If you're Philly you don't trade Embiid, period. There's no second banana or 1B in the league that he couldn't play with.

Simmons is a whole different kettle of fish. You have to build a team around him to maximize his strengths, and he's not good enough to justify that.

If you're Philly you don't trade Embiid, period. There's no second banana or 1B in the league that he couldn't play with.

Simmons is a whole different kettle of fish. You have to build a team around him to maximize his strengths, and he's not good enough to justify that.
Agreed Embiid should be untouchable.

Seems so, but Brooklyn lost a really great centre and LaVert.

If they can trade Kyrie and get a good return, then they will be looking good.

Kyrie, Durant and Harden with not much else could backfire

Is Allen. 'great' player? Levert?

It's james bloody harden. I'm not a fan of him or his style but it's hard to deny his quality.

The big 3 could backfire but more likely they will be amazing if they stay fit and switched on.

They still have jordan and harris in the 5 and the bench looks ok(?)

If you don't trade Simmons for Harden then you aren't trading him for anyone. Word is that they didn't want to throw in Maxey.

They now need to hope Harden/Durant doesn't work out or wait it out.
Then you have Brown and Tatum starting to turn into another great duo. You have Giannis and the Bucks and that's just the East.

The 76ers could have elevated their ceiling but chose to stick with what they got.

If they don't succeed then not trading for Harden will be a great 'what if' in Phillie.

If you don't trade Simmons for Harden then you aren't trading him for anyone. Word is that they didn't want to throw in Maxey.

They now need to hope Harden/Durant doesn't work out or wait it out.
Then you have Brown and Tatum starting to turn into another great duo. You have Giannis and the Bucks and that's just the East.

The 76ers could have elevated their ceiling but chose to stick with what they got.

If they don't succeed then not trading for Harden will be a great 'what if' in Phillie.

Embiid and simmons are like 26 / 24 and close to mvp. Dpoty status currently.

It's no surprise curry if shooting 60 percent from three with ben passing to him...

They have a lot of internal growth possibly.

Harris looks to be back to the most efficient 20ppg player under doc too as previously.

Milton. maxey. Thybulle are handy bits. Dwight Is a monster and the ideal back up5.

Morey was building around harden for many years. He will probably do the same with the current sixers big2

Portland’s D is atrocious

06b9d495152f5412a8140e4e64a9021c

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am in the camp you trade either Embiid or Simmons if, and only if, Philly get an offer too good to refuse.

Simmons really needs to work on his shooting game and work ethic, a few commentators I follow on Twitter suggest part of his problem is that he is too lazy/does not work hard enough at training etc

He is a good player, but is not developing or improving his game at the same rate as others of his draft class like Jaylen Brown or Brandon Ingram.
Honestly, growing up with a former pro as his dad and being in 'the system' since the age of about 16, if he hasn't even figured out how to shoot free throws by now, chances of him developing a reliable jumper are slim. It might be time to give up on it happening.

Another thought in regard to the nets

Come post season, if it happens. There might be some good bigs in the buyout market? Via tanking teams to fill out the 4 / 5 spots.

Do you wanna ring. Smash lebron. Get paid and play with irving. Harden. Kd?

Drummond and mcgee potentially

Another thought in regard to the nets

Come post season, if it happens. There might be some good bigs in the buyout market? Via tanking teams to fill out the 4 / 5 spots.

Do you wanna ring. Smash lebron. Get paid and play with irving. Harden. Kd?

Drummond and mcgee potentially
McGee will probably get traded this week. Miami, Celtics, Hornets, Mavs are good fits

Is Allen. 'great' player? Levert?

It's james bloody harden. I'm not a fan of him or his style but it's hard to deny his quality.

The big 3 could backfire but more likely they will be amazing if they stay fit and switched on.

They still have jordan and harris in the 5 and the bench looks ok(?)
Jordan is terrible

Reports are Irving has been pissed with the Nets for quite some time, annoyed he didn't have input with the coach and has been distant from Durant.

This bloke has Bipolar.

Last edited:
Would you rather be celtic with two young stars or brooklyn with at least 2, maybe 3 superstar?

If the big 3 at the nets sign-in they sound reasonably set

No one knows where Kyrie is, and Harden is 32, plus Nets have no draft picks in the next few years

Boston has plenty of cap space too, although Ainge probably needs to stop being one of those annoying GMs who always feels the need to 'win' in trades.

I have some doubts whether a team coached by Steve Nash can win a Chip as well.

Reports are Irving has been pissed with the Nets for quite some time, annoyed he didn't have input with the coach and has been distant from Durant.

This bloke has Bipolar.
The week they hired Nash he went on a podcast and made a point of saying the team doesn’t need a head coach. Warning bells were there since September.

How Austin Rivers scored 14 in a quarter last week to win us the game has got me f’ed.

Has the jerkiest, most unfluid shooting stroke in the league.
I’ve always been a hater, but with so many ridiculous contracts that fly around this league, his 3 years for 9 million has to be one of the most serious underpays going around

He is worth more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back