The official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 thread (Where Carmelo makes his comeback)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Frank Kaminsky dribble with the back to the basket whilst working away from it is a thing of beauty, stupid, but beauty

Could trade you for ET Moore... who has somehow managed to get called for travelling twice in one game.
I just want a spasm free back for Ricky. You appreciate how good he is when you are forced to watch this rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why though?

He has been there for a while, and leading a team from the conference finals to lottery fodder in a seemingly weakened West this season, despite a mounting injury toll, doesn't bode well for him.

Think the Knicks will fire Fizdale eventually (but not before the All Star Break), but Portland need a fresh start, I firmly believe.

He has been there for a while,

For good reason, he has been a good coach for them.

and leading a team from the conference finals to lottery fodder in a seemingly weakened West this season, despite a mounting injury toll, doesn't bode well for him.

He performed minor miracles GETTING that team to the WCF in the first place though.

I mean, look at that line-up tonight. Four of their five starters were Tolliver, Hood, Trent, and China-Melo. What is he supposed to do?

Trent, Little and Labissiere all played well for them, and Simons has been doing OK. They lost by 8 on the road to an elite team. His record shows that he does a decent job developing young talent.

Their three best bigs during their conference final run last season were Nurkic, Collins and Kanter, and they're all out/gone for the season. Whiteside is 'meh', and their chosen options at the moment are Tolliver and Labissiere.

If Portland is smart - and they've historically been a pretty stable franchise - they'll recognise this season is a no-go and punt it. Grab a better draft pick, use the expiring Whiteside/Bazemore money to get some better help and work on the assumption that continuity will serve them better than blowing things up.

He has been there for a while, and leading a team from the conference finals to lottery fodder in a seemingly weakened West this season, despite a mounting injury toll, doesn't bode well for him.

Think the Knicks will fire Fizdale eventually (but not before the All Star Break), but Portland need a fresh start, I firmly believe.

Seemingly weakened West?

We caught you at a fortuitous time, brother.

Hope this will cheer you up: your man Postman Pat delivering via air mail.

My boy. I was happy to see Diallo get a run in the Gentry/Nelson cup

Reckon he'd be a Bruce favourite?

"Wouldn't you just love to be crossed over by Ingram?"
He has go go gadget arms.

My boy. I was happy to see Diallo get a run in the Gentry/Nelson cup

Thought your bench played pretty well overall, especially the young guys - Okobo, Bridges, Johnson. Forced quite a few turnovers, scored some buckets too.

Big Cheick actually did OK too. You guys would be even better if you still had Holmes coming off the bench though.

Thought your bench played pretty well overall, especially the young guys - Okobo, Bridges, Johnson. Forced quite a few turnovers, scored some buckets too.

Big Cheick actually did OK too. You guys would be even better if you still had Holmes coming off the bench though.

hWHMtMo.png
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back