The official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 thread (Where Carmelo makes his comeback)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I tend to agree. I'm sure there will be some team who struggle to create in the half court that will give him a look, but he might have to wait until 2021.

I don't understand why they don't play DeMarre Carroll more.

They gave him a decent contract, and he's a noted team defender. Put him up front in place of Lyles - could hardly make their starting group any weaker than it currently is.
yep have absolutely no 3 pt shooting whatsoever so makes no sense

looks like pop doesnt wanna be there either, tossed again

Oh please. Yes the rest shot well but in general if you watch us most can't create s**t for themselves and you won't often get that % out of them.

I think I'm pretty fair compared to some of my comrads and avoid the who media conspiracy against him stuff but this is the sorta thing you do expect from the media, any other star would be getting fapped all over if they had won on the road by 20 with that help, knew people would still knock the bloke. Not even I enjoy watching parts of his game but the bloke gets wins which seems to be ignored.

No ones fapping over someone who needs 41 shots to get to 49 points in a regular season game.

Harden did what he had to do, but it's hardly a great performance.

I never said it was a great game for him. Making a point I knew the nuffies would still be critical after a good win and surprise surprise.

Anyways, well fought by the team. I'd rather watch Harden jack shots than watch tanking any day.

I never said it was a great game for him. Making a point I knew the nuffies would still be critical after a good win and surprise surprise.

You literally said that if it was anyone but Harden people would be fapping over the performance.

Is it not fair to infer that you believe that people should be fapping over the performance?

Anyways, well fought by the team.

Did someone say otherwise? It was a good win.

I'd rather watch Harden jack shots than watch tanking any day.

Is that a shot at the Warriors?

Yep, it's been a tough few years for us.

I'm actually enjoying watching guys that might be able to help us when we get healthy. Weird reality, but fun none the less. Would you rather I jump ship?

Last edited:
the way you didnt defend trae was an embarrasment

u shut him down you win 95% of the time
Far easier to shut him down when Collins and Huerter are missing.

Hawks definitely lead the league in botched lob passes at the rim, some horrendous efforts in the last two games.

Turner looked decent for them today.

Far easier to shut him down when Collins and Huerter are missing.

Hawks definitely lead the league in botched lob passes at the rim, some horrendous efforts in the last two games.

Turner looked decent for them today.
No doubt, but collins didn’t play against denver

Malone just let him run around and do as he pleased

I feel like our coach is playing Reddish to demonstrate to the owners this is what happens when you draft the biggest projectable bust possible.

You won't find many 24mpg players shooting 25% 🧱 :cool: He should give Ben Simmons a call and find out how to score without shooting.

Oh please. Yes the rest shot well but in general if you watch us most can't create s**t for themselves and you won't often get that % out of them.

I think I'm pretty fair compared to some of my comrads and avoid the who media conspiracy against him stuff but this is the sorta thing you do expect from the media, any other star would be getting fapped all over if they had won on the road by 20 with that help, knew people would still knock the bloke. Not even I enjoy watching parts of his game but the bloke gets wins which seems to be ignored.
Reckon he knows what a bloke is?

I feel like our coach is playing Reddish to demonstrate to the owners this is what happens when you draft the biggest projectable bust possible.

You won't find many 24mpg players shooting 25% 🧱 :cool: He should give Ben Simmons a call and find out how to score without shooting.
He gives me strong Josh Jackson vibes. Not good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else still picking themselves up off the floor over Melos comeback, or more so that someone is stupid enough to take him? Oh Portland did it? OK then.

Another week another warriors injury. Cursed?

Anyway rolling over some posts from Week 4 now.....if your post has been moved, congratulations

Wonder what all you Bandwagon supporters are going to do with your GSW jerseys? And the rest of the general population?

Anyone else still picking themselves up off the floor over Melos comeback, or more so that someone is stupid enough to take him? Oh Portland did it? OK then.

Another week another warriors injury. Cursed?

Anyway rolling over some posts from Week 4 now.....if your post has been moved, congratulations
Your posting moves me

Nic Batum - $25,565,217 salary, 40 minutes played over 2 games this year
Bismack Biyombo - $17,000,000 salary, averaging 12.1 minutes per game over 11 games this year
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - $13,000,000 salary, 10 minutes played in 1 game this year

The Hornets are spending literally half the cap on guys who aren't in or are barely in their rotation!

You can even extend that further when you consider the $15,006,250 they're playing for 18.5 mpg of Marvin Williams.

Nearly 65% of the cap on 4 guys, none of whom are among the top 7 in minutes per game for your team!

To be fair, they're all expiring deals (although Batum has a $27M player option for next year, which I doubt he'd turn down), but still, a lot of outlay for not a lot of return. Should the Hornets be giving these guys more minutes, even if only to showcase them for a trade? Would they be useful pieces for other teams? Will the Hornets be a big player in the FA market, with the cap room they'll have at the end of the year? And what the hell happened to 'the next Scottie Pippen' MKG?

So how long will Melo last? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

Excuse my complete ignorance in following his ongoing "drama", but apart from defense (which he's never been good at, and isn't ever going to improve on at his age, with declining athleticism), what exactly is Melo's "issue" these days?

He's Marvin Williams 2.0, but this time the Hawks are giving him bulk minutes and opportunity, in the vain hope that he somehow grows some nuts and sheds his passivity and reaches his potential.

Nic Batum - $25,565,217 salary, 40 minutes played over 2 games this year
Bismack Biyombo - $17,000,000 salary, averaging 12.1 minutes per game over 11 games this year
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - $13,000,000 salary, 10 minutes played in 1 game this year

The Hornets are spending literally half the cap on guys who aren't in or are barely in their rotation!

You can even extend that further when you consider the $15,006,250 they're playing for 18.5 mpg of Marvin Williams.

Nearly 65% of the cap on 4 guys, none of whom are among the top 7 in minutes per game for your team!

To be fair, they're all expiring deals (although Batum has a $27M player option for next year, which I doubt he'd turn down), but still, a lot of outlay for not a lot of return. Should the Hornets be giving these guys more minutes, even if only to showcase them for a trade? Would they be useful pieces for other teams?

This isn't really news.

Batum has been injured, I believe he returned today. Williams and Biyombo have played about as much as you'd expect, and MKG nada.

I doubt anyone is giving up any assets for any of this lot, maybe some second round picks for Batum if Charlotte swallowed a bad contract in return. No point 'showcasing' them at this point, they're all known quantities and they won't fetch much, if anything.

Will the Hornets be a big player in the FA market, with the cap room they'll have at the end of the year?

All the rebuilding teams have a free swing this off-season - Memphis, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, maybe Knicks. Closed field, albeit in a seller's market.

They'll probably target RFA, Ingram, Bogdanovic, Beasley, Poeltl, etc. Not much on offer besides.

And what the hell happened to 'the next Scottie Pippen' MKG?

He can't shoot? Doesn't have Pippen's handles or court vision?

This isn't really news.

Batum has been injured, I believe he returned today. Williams and Biyombo have played about as much as you'd expect, and MKG nada.

I doubt anyone is giving up any assets for any of this lot, maybe some second round picks for Batum if Charlotte swallowed a bad contract in return. No point 'showcasing' them at this point, they're all known quantities and they won't fetch much, if anything.

All the rebuilding teams have a free swing this off-season - Memphis, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, maybe Knicks. Closed field, albeit in a seller's market.

They'll probably target RFA, Ingram, Bogdanovic, Beasley, Poeltl, etc. Not much on offer besides.

All fair enough.

He can't shoot? Doesn't have Pippen's handles or court vision?

Well, that was the hype on him when he was drafted at #2 as a still-18 year old after one year at Kentucky. Obviously overstated, but he was at the very least expected to be an elite defender and passable offensive player, and was considered very much a solid, nearly "can't miss" prospect. It looked like he was developing OK in his first few years, then got injured, but has had plenty of time since, and regressed since then. Just disappointing I guess when such supposedly high ceiling guys never really improve a whole lot or really go anywhere.

I guess it's just another example of how rapidly the game has changed over the past few years, and how inexact a science drafting and player projections really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back