The official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 thread (Where Carmelo makes his comeback)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See this is where Dan Tony sucks. LA have been doubling up high to get the ball out of Harden's hands the whole 2nd half. Of course they're going to do that again. He had no back up plan to get keep the ball in Harden's hands.

Said it for years that Pringles is the most overrated coach in the Association. His coaching style and formations are not conductive to winning championships (fun though his hi-octane team at PHX with Nash and Stoudemire were to watch)

Said it for years that Pringles is the most overrated coach in the Association. His coaching style and formations are not conductive to winning championships (fun though his hi-octane team at PHX with Nash and Stoudemire were to watch)

Given he has no defensive coaching abilities or plan B's on offense he really doesn't serve a purpose. Also a terrible in game coach with his feel for the game and when to call time outs.

That Clippers team is so deep. Don't know if that becomes less important in the playoffs but certainly helps them to be well rested when they get there. Look at the minutes tonight between the stars with Harden playing so much more, yes Gordon and House are out but being able to rest guys and still be a top 4 seed will make them hard to beat.

Given he has no defensive coaching abilities or plan B's on offense he really doesn't serve a purpose. Also a terrible in game coach with his feel for the game and when to call time outs.

That Clippers team is so deep. Don't know if that becomes less important in the playoffs but certainly helps them to be well rested when they get there. Look at the minutes tonight between the stars with Harden playing so much more, yes Gordon and House are out but being able to rest guys and still be a top 4 seed will make them hard to beat.

Think the Clips are banking on top teams in the West like the Lakers burning out late in the regular season, which is a very dangerous tactic IMHO.

Not a big fan of Doc Rivers either TBH.

Think the Clips are banking on top teams in the West like the Lakers burning out late in the regular season, which is a very dangerous tactic IMHO.

Really depends on whether LBJ has to get his playoff mode activated or not.
As for Doc, one could argue the Celtics have done * all in the last 35 years but for him.

Really depends on whether LBJ has to get his playoff mode activated or not.
As for Doc, one could argue the Celtics have done fu** all in the last 35 years but for him.

Danny Ainge is far more responsible for our 2008 chip than Doc in my opinion, that was a self-driven and highly motivated team that didn't really need a coach..
I would strongly put forth the argument that the Clippers have underperformed in the playoffs since Doc has been there..

I have no ill feeling to the guy at all, but I just don't think he is as good a coach as his reputation would suggest..

You support Collingwood. That automatically makes you one 🙂🙂🙂🙂

**** Just found out about Kemba (not watching the game)

Happy to take the loss as long as he is okay.

Hope it isn't as sickening as the Gordon Hayward injury in Cleveland, i felt physically ill watching it as it happened live 😥😥

Not watching = bandwagoner

See this is where Dan Tony sucks. LA have been doubling up high to get the ball out of Harden's hands the whole 2nd half. Of course they're going to do that again. He had no back up plan to get keep the ball in Harden's hands.
Just curious, what would you do to keep the ball in Harden’s hands if getting played like this?

I don't think that's their plan at all.

IMO they've got a roster built for playoff basketball. Two genuine scoring options, a lethal one-two bench punch, the ability to go both small and tall and multiple decent defenders and shooters.

So long as Kawhi and George are healthy in May I doubt they care what other teams are doing. They'll use their depth to get through the regular season, sure, but it's not because they're scared of other teams.

Just curious, what would you do to keep the ball in Harden’s hands if getting played like this?

Have him play off the ball. Whirl him up for a hand off that getshim on the move so it becomes very hard to double him. You could have him set a ball screen, maybe he pops open or both defenders go to him and opens up a lane for the ball handler.

In this example he passes straight away off the soft double. Westbrook could have come back for the DHO while they were scrambling. It's just typical Dan Tony. The Clips wanted Westbrook to shoot and that's what they got. How can they not have a plan B for when a team doubles Harden?

Have him play off the ball. Whirl him up for a hand off that getshim on the move so it becomes very hard to double him. You could have him set a ball screen, maybe he pops open or both defenders go to him and opens up a lane for the ball handler.

In this example he passes straight away off the soft double. Westbrook could have come back for the DHO while they were scrambling. It's just typical Dan Tony. The Clips wanted Westbrook to shoot and that's what they got. How can they not have a plan B for when a team doubles Harden?
But open shots were coming for guys like Sefalosha and McLemore due to Harden getting doubled up high. I agree some variation would be great, but I think Harden has to embrace it. Not sure he will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back