The official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 thread (Where Carmelo makes his comeback)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they are running sets and they have a player that they want to get it to, but the amount of times they force it to a guy and turn it over or don’t get a shot off, it’s ridiculous, when there is a bloke standing by himself.

Better to have your fourth option taking an uncontested shot, than not getting a shot off at all.

Lakers are gonna regret not including Kuz instead of Ingram in that deal

Ingram is gonna be a 5-time all star

I’d almost frame them as an outright title fav if he was coming off the bench instead of kuzma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony is cooked, the fact that all his friends were calling for him to be signed proves what a massive boys club the NBA is.

Anthony is cooked, the fact that all his friends were calling for him to be signed proves what a massive boys club the NBA is.

I read his recent quote which was like 'the NBA has changed since I was gone and I have to learn to blah blah'.

Like lolz that is the problem, the NBA is the problem.

Ingram is gonna be a 5-time all star

I’d almost frame them as an outright title fav if he was coming off the bench instead of kuzma
That’s a delicious hot take smoothie right there

Is Lonzo officially a bust yet?

Him and Ben are averaging 14 & 8 so far this year. If Lonzo stopped shooting and grabbed a few more rebounds they'd have similar numbers imo. So you have 2 guys one of which won't shoot and the other who can't shoot but in true NBA fashion lets it fly anyway.

Look at the 2017 draft class he's not #2 but still top 5-7

Him and Ben are averaging 14 & 8 so far this year. If Lonzo stopped shooting and grabbed a few more rebounds they'd have similar numbers imo. So you have 2 guys one of which won't shoot and the other who can't shoot but in true NBA fashion lets it fly anyway.

Look at the 2017 draft class he's not #2 but still top 5-7
I would take Donovan, Fox, Adebayo, Tatum, Isaac, J.Collins, Markkanen, Anunoby, Kennard and Kuzma over him for sure. Fultz, Z.Collins, Allen, White, Bryant all could end up better too

Not sure if that was ever offered or likely to be accepted. I think we got pick #4 instead of Kuzma, not Ingram.

Ingram always had the higher ceiling, Kuzma was just more of a known quantity.

Is Lonzo officially a bust yet?

Needs a run of games, keeps getting injured.

I think he'll be a bust in terms of spending a #2 pick on him, but he can still be a starting level point guard on the right team - if he makes a few improvements.

Is Lonzo’s best chance to make himself the next Rondo? He’s never going to get paid.

I think Rubio is the best career trajectory for him to aim at. Michael Carter-Williams is the career trajectory to avoid.

He's not as good off the dribble as Rubio, which necessitates him taking more threes in a half court setting. On the other hand his height and wingspan means he could potentially eclipse Rubio as a defender.

Like Rubio, he needs the right team around him though. Obviously he's not good enough to mandate building your entire roster around, so some of it will come down to money.

If he improves and proves a decent-ish fit with Zion, then I reckon we may well keep him around in the $10 mill per season range. If Daddy Dearest starts popping up advocating for $20 million plus though, I reckon we'd happily let him walk in restricted free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back