Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 Thread - Where's Kyrie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrie Lakers is the most ridiculous call on so, so many levels.
Agree, won’t happen, nor would I want it to happen, the addition of Schroder fits us much better with the one two punch of AD & Lebron.....Mark my words the big 3 of Brooklyn will not win them a championship.

I dunno much about the old days :(

It seems like recently it's a top like driven league recently.

Lebron. Ad. Kawhi. Curry. Kd. Etc.

Again , lebron didn't seem too happy with the dubs superteam. Especially with the kd addition. I wonder what he makes of the nets current and potential roster come the deadline.

Kyrie is probably very compatible with harden. Kd.

Like he was with with lebron.
The old days had it’s share of superstars as well trust me.....In the late 80’s & 90’s alone you had Johnson, Jordan, Malone, Olajuwon, Thomas, Ewing, Robinson, Drexler, Barkley, Bird, Miller & Shaq.....Plus a lot more that I cbf writing, it was as star driven then as it is now....The big difference is the reliance on shooting from the perimeter, the old days it was a lot more about the Centre & Power forwards, this era for the most part is more about the guards.

The old days had it’s share of superstars as well trust me.....In the late 80’s & 90’s alone you had Johnson, Jordan, Malone, Olajuwon, Thomas, Ewing, Robinson, Drexler, Barkley, Bird, Miller & Shaq.....Plus a lot more that I cbf writing, it was as star driven then as it is now....The big difference is the reliance on shooting from the perimeter, the old days it was a lot more about the Centre & Power forwards, this era for the most part is more about the guards.
And, most significantly, there was much less player movement and available dollars. About mid 90s players started to transcend towards compiling “super teams” i.e. Barkley to Suns/Rockets, Drexler to Rockets. Free agency changed the game from loyalties to team to loyalties to players.

And, most significantly, there was much less player movement and available dollars. About mid 90s players started to transcend towards compiling “super teams” i.e. Barkley to Suns/Rockets, Drexler to Rockets. Free agency changed the game from loyalties to team to loyalties to players.
Yep very true, I can still remember being a kid & hearing we had picked up Karl Malone & Payton to go alongside Kobe & Shaq, it was like how can this team possibly lose.....But come the Finals we did, a great duo with a lot of depth is much better than the alternative, I look forward to seeing Brooklyn finding this out. 😊

Would anyone trade Ben Simmons for Ingram or Brown now? Same draft class and Ben was clear # 1. Hoped he might fall to 2 to Lakers at the time. I think both are out playing Ben right now and neither would make Team USA...

The game was literally marketed on individuals in the 90s.

It was hard to watch many games, so the NBA sold players on their shoes, commercials and highlight VHSs.

And there was heaps of player movement back then. As much as today I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep very true, I can still remember being a kid & hearing we had picked up Karl Malone & Payton to go alongside Kobe & Shaq, it was like how can this team possibly lose.....But come the Finals we did, a great duo with a lot of depth is much better than the alternative, I look forward to seeing Brooklyn finding this out. 😊

Raps. 1-3 depending on how you rate siakham and lowry

Warriors 4 - kd curry klay green

Cavs 3 - lebron kyrie love.

Warriors 3

I'd give brooklyn more than 5 minutes before writing them off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back