Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 Thread - Where's Kyrie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Boogie rarely played, Steph and Klay aren't ball dominant and Green is more like Rodman. KD wasn't fighting for possessions, left when personalities clashed. 80s Lakers and Celtics and 90s Bulls are a better example of "working"

Harris is top10 all time 3 point shooter too, as another factor.

Better percent than klay.

Harris in the team creates space for the nets better players...

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Do you guys reckon Zion is a bit of a disappointment?

So much hype coming out of college, but really he's not that great. Athleticism is nuts but I'd much rather Ja Morant.
Well.i thought the Wiseman Bennett call was ott

Jaysssssus

Joe9

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Leave my fantasy pick alone!

He played 3 college games last season.

I'm more just filthy at him for killing my multi of 4+ rebounds lol

but a centre that is weak in defense and rebounding isn't a centre, they are a pf imo. He should be coming off the bench as well. Getting thrown straight in the deep end starting in the nba after barely even playing in college isn't best for him

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

but a centre that is weak in defense and rebounding isn't a centre, they are a pf imo. He should be coming off the bench as well. Getting thrown straight in the deep end starting in the nba after barely even playing in college isn't best for him
Damn man, give the kid a minute to catch his breath. It's hard for centres to dominate in a perimeter oriented game. Even rebounds are hard to come by because of long bounces.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

I had him >16.5 PRA as the last leg of mine.

Picked up 5 fouls in what seemed like no time & saw the bench with Paschall leading the charge.

Stupid me backing in a 3 college gamer against AD et al.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
That's one depth player...

Next?
Dinwiddie if he didn't get injured
Shamet is a solid bench dude
Jeff Green has been around the traps and Tyler Johnson can ball
Bruce Brown has shown a bit
TLC is a depth player too

Joe9

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide

Picked up 5 fouls in what seemed like no time & saw the bench with Paschall leading the charge.

reminds me of the times backing Ayton to do anything and he picks up two fouls in the first minute to kill the bet instantly.

4+ rebounds @1.20 for a starting centre looks like money for jam. Should have known better

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Dinwiddie if he didn't get injured
Shamet is a solid bench dude
Jeff Green has been around the traps and Tyler Johnson can ball
Bruce Brown has shown a bit
TLC is a depth player too
Dinwiddie is the only one there that is reputable and could immediately contribute to a contender. The rest are a bit meh for NBA contender status.

They don't really compare to Schroeder, KCP, Morris JNR, Gasol, Trez or even THT.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Dinwiddie is the only one there that is reputable and could immediately contribute to a contender. The rest are a bit meh for NBA contender status.

They don't really compare to Schroeder, KCP, Morris JNR, Gasol, Trez or even THT.

A thug, convicted criminal and an undersized centre who can't play crunch time?

I can play that game too

Lebron literally just won a title with rondo and dwight playing meaningful minutes

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
A thug, convicted criminal and an undersized centre who can't play crunch time?

I can play that game too

Lebron literally just won a title with rondo and dwight playing meaningful minutes
And? Proves what I was discussing with Marcel Proust about. Bron is a winner and doesn't need or want Kyrie.

Are you trying to tell me the Nets depth is better than Lakers?

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
And? Proves what I was discussing with Marcel Proust about. Bron is a winner and doesn't need or want Kyrie.

Are you trying to tell me the Nets depth is better than Lakers?

They have three very good players to the lakers two.

The 4th Harris, is a top10 three point shooter all time. Which suits the teams style.

They have a hole at 5 but jordan played less bad last game. Green can play small 5. They will hope Claxton can fill a hole and he looks alright.

Brown. Shamet. TLC should be fine and are not that far behind the lakers bench.

Very promising destination for buyout market and free agents. They may trade too. Lebron probably shittin bricks if they can win the west.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
They have three very good players to the lakers two.

The 4th Harris, is a top10 three point shooter all time. Which suits the teams style.

They have a hole at 5 but jordan played less bad last game. Green can play small 5. They will hope Claxton can fill a hole and he looks alright.

Brown. Shamet. TLC should be fine and are not that far behind the lakers bench.

Very promising destination for buyout market and free agents. They may trade too. Lebron probably shittin bricks if they can win the west.
Keep talking them up. They will be great sometimes.

Lakers weren't anyone's favourite last year either!

Of your Big 3, Kyrie is MIA, Harden is known to sh*t the bed in crunch time which leaves you with KD. Beast. Top 3 player in the league. Plays both ways which the other two don't.

Don't give me Harris as a top anything. No better than KCP, who already has a ring and shot the lights out in the finals.

Those other guys, good ordinary players. Green has played for half the league and eventually busts when it counts. Reckon AD has him covered in small ball!

I hope you fill the available roster spot with valuable servants. Jordan will need help in the middle and much more defensive mettle.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Keep talking them up. They will be great sometimes.

Lakers weren't anyone's favourite last year either!

Of your Big 3, Kyrie is MIA, Harden is known to sh*t the bed in crunch time which leaves you with KD. Beast. Top 3 player in the league. Plays both ways which the other two don't.

Don't give me Harris as a top anything. No better than KCP, who already has a ring and shot the lights out in the finals.

Those other guys, good ordinary players. Green has played for half the league and eventually busts when it counts. Reckon AD has him covered in small ball!

I hope you fill the available roster spot with valuable servants. Jordan will need help in the middle and much more defensive mettle.

The lakers were favorites

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
23 and 7 on 58% since day one..
Yeah that's nice but for a guy that big and with that athleticism, I'd be wanting more than 7 boards a game. He's not a great shooter and he's not a play maker and cant create his own shot off the dribble. He gets a high % of his points off lobs, put backs, post ups and he's not a great defender. Of course he is still very young, just in his second year and will obviously get better.

But he was hyped at LBJ levels and I dont ever think he will be the best player in the league.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah that's nice but for a guy that big and with that athleticism, I'd be wanting more than 7 boards a game. He's not a great shooter and he's not a play maker and cant create his own shot off the dribble. He gets a high % of his points off lobs, put backs, post ups and he's not a great defender. Of course he is still very young, just in his second year and will obviously get better.

But he was hyped at LBJ levels and I dont ever think he will be the best player in the league.

It'd be interesting to see zion with better players around him. More shooting.

Nola have a weird roster. Good draft picks if zion hangs around

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
19 year old kid who played 3 college games, didn't play basketball for over 12 months, averaging 11 and 6, a month into his rookie season is the biggest draft bust in over 10 years.

Zion isn't that good.

Lakers weren't favorite to win the Championship last year.

And everyone forgot one of the biggest scandals in NBA history not involving a player.

Excellent work BF.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
19 year old kid who played 3 college games, didn't play basketball for over 12 months, averaging 11 and 6, a month into his rookie season is the biggest draft bust in over 10 years.

Zion isn't that good.

Lakers weren't favorite to win the Championship last year.

And everyone forgot one of the biggest scandals in NBA history not involving a player.

Excellent work BF.

If the hot takes get any hotter the people posting them are going to spontaneously combust.

reminds me of the times backing Ayton to do anything and he picks up two fouls in the first minute to kill the bet instantly.

4+ rebounds @1.20 for a starting centre looks like money for jam. Should have known better
More content for the BigBettyBusts thread

You want your centre creating his own shot off the dribble?

Meady would adore this concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back