Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 Thread - Where's Kyrie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
He was killing the g league for years, it’s amazing how some of those guys have to wait ages to get a proper shot at it

Very true, particularly when you think about some of the plebs who've been drafted high or given huge contracts.

Papagiannis and Miles Plumlee come to mind.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Was no D/G-League in those days though.

Just mediocre GMs with non-existent scouting networks... who often doubled down on their mistakes. And 10-year rookie contracts.
CBA? You are right though, no feeder system and poor recruiting. Damn, Chuck Conners was drafted ffs!

Not sure what this has to do with Kontract though, he was already in the NBA when he got his huge deal.

Last edited:
May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Wasn't exactly the G-League.

I mean it was there, and players did get scouted from it occasionally - the Knicks finding Starks and Mason comes to mind - but for a myriad of reasons it wasn't tracked as extensively as the G-League is now.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Wasn't exactly the G-League.

I mean it was there, and players did get scouted from it occasionally - the Knicks finding Starks and Mason comes to mind - but for a myriad of reasons it wasn't tracked as extensively as the G-League is now.
Not sure what the G League has to do with anything here though?

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Ok, that wasn’t me...

No, but it was the original point of discussion. Also I didn't see that you edited your post up there.

The point wasn't the G-League per se - Miles Plumlee got his contract on exposed NBA form - just that GMs have fewer excuses now than they did in the 80s when it comes to evaluating/misevaluating talent. nahnah just happened to mention that Boucher had exposed form in the G-league as well as in the NBA proper last season. Given he's currently shooting 48% from three and averages 2.5 blocks per game, it's surprising more teams didn't nibble in the off season.

The funny thing about Koncak was that the Hawks chose to match a RFA offer from the Pistons, who were the reigning champs.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Lakers out of their rhythm because they went to all that iso ball. Got a lead on defence and ball movement. Why change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back