The official Bigfooty NBA week 6 thread - insert witty line here

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Memphis, Orlando and Sacramento currently have a better combined record than Golden State, Houston and Boston (arguably the 3 favorites at the start of the season).

What a world we live in...

Stole this from someone else...

Now, let’s call back to Green’s outburst and examine the Warriors when we take Durant off the floor. What happens? Probably a big drop-off, right? I mean, the guy's an MVP, two-time Finals MVP and fifth all-time in career scoring average.

Actually, without KD, the Warriors are still super dominant. Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave.

But Durant is not the only pending free agent in the Bay. Klay Thompson is headed to the open market in July, as well. What happens when you also remove Thompson and sit him on the bench next to Durant?

Same result: The Warriors are still juggernauts, registering a plus-13.9 in 526 minutes with Curry and Green on the floor without the help of Durant or Thompson.

Now comes the mind-blowing part -- let's take Draymond out of the equation and leave Curry by himself a cast of role players. No Durant. No Thompson. No Green.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season.

To recap, the Warriors go from plus-16.9 to plus-14.8 to plus-13.9 to plus-14.3 as you keep removing an All-Star from Curry. But as these numbers show, Curry is impervious. He's teammate-agnostic. For those that think Curry would struggle in another organization or in another system, it’s clear: He is the system.​

Stole this from someone else...

Now, let’s call back to Green’s outburst and examine the Warriors when we take Durant off the floor. What happens? Probably a big drop-off, right? I mean, the guy's an MVP, two-time Finals MVP and fifth all-time in career scoring average.

Actually, without KD, the Warriors are still super dominant. Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave.

But Durant is not the only pending free agent in the Bay. Klay Thompson is headed to the open market in July, as well. What happens when you also remove Thompson and sit him on the bench next to Durant?

Same result: The Warriors are still juggernauts, registering a plus-13.9 in 526 minutes with Curry and Green on the floor without the help of Durant or Thompson.

Now comes the mind-blowing part -- let's take Draymond out of the equation and leave Curry by himself a cast of role players. No Durant. No Thompson. No Green.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season.

To recap, the Warriors go from plus-16.9 to plus-14.8 to plus-13.9 to plus-14.3 as you keep removing an All-Star from Curry. But as these numbers show, Curry is impervious. He's teammate-agnostic. For those that think Curry would struggle in another organization or in another system, it’s clear: He is the system.​

Are these stats from this season? Curry playing solo would have been mostly when he started on the bench and played against second units for small bursts?

Are these stats from this season? Curry playing solo would have been mostly when he started on the bench and played against second units for small bursts?

Would be from last year I assume (he's only played 399 minutes this year). It may even be the last two years combined.

Steph hasn't started on the bench in any regular season game in the last 7 seasons, so it won't be that.

He often plays the whole first and third quarter, so I'm guessing a lot of it is likely late in the first and third.

It's all impressive nonetheless.

tenor.gif

Durant forgot to change accounts again - nothing to see here

I like how the article says the locker room is getting better. I am sure it will stay that way for sure when Green walks back in :drunk:

I haven’t read the article yet. But if it says the locker room is getting better, does it mean there is some discontent in the room?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back