The official Bigfooty NBA week 6 thread - insert witty line here

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I haven’t read the article yet. But if it says the locker room is getting better, does it mean there is some discontent in the room?

This is the reference;

"Things are reportedly better in the locker room, but things have been so fragile with the Warriors that something as tiny as a liked Instagram comment could set the team back again."​

If things were not better in the locker room with Green not there then the locker room is completely screwed.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Stole this from someone else...

Now, let’s call back to Green’s outburst and examine the Warriors when we take Durant off the floor. What happens? Probably a big drop-off, right? I mean, the guy's an MVP, two-time Finals MVP and fifth all-time in career scoring average.

Actually, without KD, the Warriors are still super dominant. Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave.

But Durant is not the only pending free agent in the Bay. Klay Thompson is headed to the open market in July, as well. What happens when you also remove Thompson and sit him on the bench next to Durant?

Same result: The Warriors are still juggernauts, registering a plus-13.9 in 526 minutes with Curry and Green on the floor without the help of Durant or Thompson.

Now comes the mind-blowing part -- let's take Draymond out of the equation and leave Curry by himself a cast of role players. No Durant. No Thompson. No Green.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season.

To recap, the Warriors go from plus-16.9 to plus-14.8 to plus-13.9 to plus-14.3 as you keep removing an All-Star from Curry. But as these numbers show, Curry is impervious. He's teammate-agnostic. For those that think Curry would struggle in another organization or in another system, it’s clear: He is the system.​

It is fascinating.

One of the interesting things is does, or how much does Durant benefit from the opportunities Curry creates. Maybe it is unfair to measure it now given he is so pissed off but his numbers are certainly down. So are Klay's.

Curry creates absolute mayhem for opposition defences with his movement, ball handling and the fact he can literally score from anywhere. And that creates opportunities for everyone else. Green for example only takes 100% uncontested 3's.

I was watching the Warriors game yesterday and at the start they were crapping on about how good a passer and facilitator Green is. * off. Passing the ball to one of arguably the three best shooters of all time does not make you a good passer. Green must have the most overinflated assist stats in the history of basketball.

Memphis, Orlando and Sacramento currently have a better combined record than Golden State, Houston and Boston (arguably the 3 favorites at the start of the season).

What a world we live in...

An interesting season. I mean Harden leads the league in steals... Obviously doesn’t mean he is any good at D but the fact he even attempts to steal the ball is amazing in itself.

Would be from last year I assume (he's only played 399 minutes this year). It may even be the last two years combined.

Steph hasn't started on the bench in any regular season game in the last 7 seasons, so it won't be that.

He often plays the whole first and third quarter, so I'm guessing a lot of it is likely late in the first and third.

It's all impressive nonetheless.

Ah, yes Curry came off the bench during the playoffs.

No doubt it’s an impressive stat.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Suns @ Bucks tomorrow. Fear.

Let's see what the old calculator says...

Hmmm yeah, the Bucks are scary.

004.gif

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It is fascinating.

One of the interesting things is does, or how much does Durant benefit from the opportunities Curry creates. Maybe it is unfair to measure it now given he is so pissed off but his numbers are certainly down. So are Klay's.

Any player will benefit from having Curry on the floor. So much more space (which the Warriors lack at the moment). Also so much quicker.

Curry creates absolute mayhem for opposition defences with his movement, ball handling and the fact he can literally score from anywhere. And that creates opportunities for everyone else. Green for example only takes 100% uncontested 3's.

I was watching the Warriors game yesterday and at the start they were crapping on about how good a passer and facilitator Green is. **** off. Passing the ball to one of arguably the three best shooters of all time does not make you a good passer. Green must have the most overinflated assist stats in the history of basketball.

I 100% agree that Green has found the perfect fit for himself and his numbers are better because of it, but to say "* off" when someone says how good a passer/play maker he is wrong. You don't just roll out of bed and average 7 assists per game for 4 straight seasons. I don't remember too many power forwards in the history of the game that have ever done that (are there any?). For a PF he's a sensational play maker. The dudes a dick, but he also knows how to play (he doesn't know how to shoot though).

Are you talking about Steph when you say "one of arguably the three best shooters of all time". Come on man, Steph moved passed the "arguably" a while back now. I don't even think it's arguable if he's the GOAT shooter or not. It's just how much he's in front of 2nd that's arguable.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any player will benefit from having Curry on the floor. So much more space (which the Warriors lack at the moment). Also so much quicker.

I 100% agree that Green has found the perfect fit for himself and his numbers are better because of it, but to say "**** off" when someone says how good a passer/play maker he is wrong. You don't just roll out of bed and average 7 assists per game for 4 straight seasons. I don't remember too many power forwards in the history of the game that have ever done that (are there any?). For a PF he's a sensational play maker. The dudes a dick, but he also knows how to play (he doesn't know how to shoot though).

Are you talking about Steph when you say "one of arguably the three best shooters of all time". Come on man, Steph moved passed the "arguably" a while back now. I don't even think it's arguable if he's the GOAT shooter or not. It's just how much he's in front of 2nd that's arguable.

I’m talking about all three. Steph is no. 1 all time undisputed. Durant is in the conversation for top something and Klay is lights out as well (although not this year).

My point about Green is that while he might average 7 assists a game, there are assists and there are assists. Dishing to one of Klay/Curry/Durant should only count for half an assist.

Green does not do what LeBron does for example and LeBron is one of the greatest playmakers in history.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m talking about all three. Steph is no. 1 all time undisputed. Durant is in the conversation for top something and Klay is lights out as well (although not this year).

Fair enough. I misread what you said.

My point about Green is that while he might average 7 assists a game, there are assists and there are assists. Dishing to one of Klay/Curry/Durant should only count for half an assist.

He gets the ball to them in good spots. Can't really fault him for that. It's not like his assists are coming from throwing it into the post for Durant to score.

He was also averaging 7 assists before Durant came along remember.

He's also averaging 7 pus assists per game in each of the last 4 seasons on a ridiculously low 17% usage

He was huge in turning the Warriors into the Warriors 4 years back.

You're under-appreciating just how good Draymond Green is passing the ball. The screen and roll of Steph/Green back in the 73 win season was a thing of beauty. In that 73 win season I would have thought that 5 of his 7 assists per game were to non Curry/Thompson players (though I have no idea where to find that stat).

Green does not do what LeBron does for example and LeBron is one of the greatest playmakers in history.

Saying Green doesn't do what LeBron does is not really fair. No one is saying Green is LeBron.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Can your team get their s**t together before we lose our league worst record
Don't worry, this'll follow the script of all their games. Prob go on a bit of a run, get up around 16 with 10mins left, Cavs will get it down to level or within 2 or 3 and the Sixers will pull out a 1 or 2 point win. Everyone goes home happy.

Back