The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 6 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Given I only posted it a minute ago, I'd be surprised if you read it more than once.

It's been said thousand of times but is rubbish imho.

Good player. Bad team. Near identical.

Dubs wanting cap room is irrelevant. As proven by a contending team bringing in iggy in the heat.

Interesting, to add the ad situation. Nola not wanting to play him / the nba forcing him to play 20 odd min per game post the trade request..

Bizarre.

Why shouldn't the wizards, stop playing beal? To save his trade value.. Ala the iggy argument. As a tanking team (last currently) they'd probably prefer to...

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
I miss something ?

This is what ESPN always does with star players on mediocre teams in mid to small markets.

Ostensibly they're just reporting a fact. But they choose that picture for a reason. Pretty soon it's tough to tell whether they're reporting unrest or merely attempting to create it.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It's been said thousand of times but is rubbish imho.

Good player. Bad team. Near identical.

1. The Wizards drafted Beal. The Griz were Iggy's 4th team.

2. The Wizards gave Beal a max contract to be their guy (or at least their 1B). Iggy signed a contract with the Dubs in the expectation that he'd spend his twilight years competing for championships

3. Beal's in his prime. Iggy is closer to 40 than 30, not many years left on his tires and one injury away from retirement.

4. The Wizards have wanted Beal from the moment they drafted him. The Griz didn't even really want Iggy, just the draft pick that came with him, and the additional asset (Winslow) they eventually gained for on-trading him.

5. The Wizards traded for Westbrook and spent money on Bertans in the (vain) hope of returning to the playoffs. Memphis was clearly rebuilding.

So, no - nowhere near identical.

Dubs wanting cap room is irrelevant. As proven by a contending team bringing in iggy in the heat.

I don't even...

Iggy was traded by a contending team to a rebuilding one because they wanted cap room and Memphis wanted a pick. Not because Memphis wanted Iggy.

The Heat traded for Iggy because they figured that they'd contend better with Crowder and Iggy than with Waiters and Winslow in street clothes.

If Memphis could have made this a three way trade on the day they made the trade with the Dubs, I'm sure they would have.

Interesting, to add the ad situation. Nola not wanting to play him / the nba forcing him to play 20 odd min per game post the trade request..

Bizarre.

Why shouldn't the wizards, stop playing beal? To save his trade value.. Ala the iggy argument. As a tanking team (last currently) they'd probably prefer to...

If AD stops playing, the league figures attendance figures in New Orleans drop. They also figure that star players not playing hands a temporary unfair advantage to any teams having to play New Orleans during this period.

Iggy not suiting up for Memphis is apples and oranges in this respect, among many others.

If I were the Wiz and inclined to trade him (or received a trade demand), I'd certainly cut his heavy minutes and give him the odd game off for rest. They wouldn't be allowed to warehouse him though, for much the same reasons as AD.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

2. The Wizards gave Beal a max contract to be their guy (or at least their 1B). Iggy signed a contract with the Dubs in the expectation that he'd spend his twilight years competing for championships

3. Beal's in his prime. Iggy is closer to 40 than 30, not many years left on his tires and one injury away from retirement.

4. The Wizards have wanted Beal from the moment they drafted him. The Griz didn't even really want Iggy, just the draft pick that came with him, and the additional asset (Winslow) they eventually gained for on-trading him.

5. The Wizards traded for Westbrook and spent money on Bertans in the (vain) hope of returning to the playoffs. Memphis was clearly rebuilding.

I don't even...

Iggy was traded by a contending team to a rebuilding one because they wanted cap room and Memphis wanted a pick. Not because Memphis wanted Iggy.

The Heat traded for Iggy because they figured that they'd contend better with Crowder and Iggy than with Waiters and Winslow in street clothes.

If Memphis could have made this a three way trade on the day they made the trade with the Dubs, I'm sure they would have.

If AD stops playing, the league figures attendance figures in New Orleans drop. They also figure that star players not playing hands a temporary unfair advantage to any teams having to play New Orleans during this period.

Iggy not suiting up for Memphis is apples and oranges in this respect, among many others.

If I were the Wiz and inclined to trade him (or received a trade demand), I'd certainly cut his heavy minutes and give him the odd game off for rest. They wouldn't be allowed to warehouse him though, for much the same reasons as AD.
Had the will to post something similar but not the time nor energy to unpack it like that.

For anyone who is tldr; the two situations aren’t close to being in the same ballpark.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
East is taking shape

Sixers.
Bucks.
Pacers.
Nets

I wouldn't be surprised if celtic fall away. Meanwhile horford looks quality...

Raptor/Heat Doing nothing as some expected

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

I don't even...

Great response, not worth the effort with this guy though.

Jamal Murray has been fined $25,000 for striking Dallas Mavericks guard Tim Hardaway Jr. in the groin area.

He’s just passionate

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Utah with the best record in the league. Who had that?

Dunno about best record, but they should be contending.

They've paid everyone that matters on their roster now, 1-8. Right age grouping, lot of familiarity in roster and coaching.

Clarkson was a surprisingly good get for them, filled a massive need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back